Craftworld Mal'ushey

Wulf Vengis

Crop them?

Maybe...I'm working on my android. My laptops photo imager doesn't even work.

Ill see what i can do.

I can indeed crop on my phone. I'll try to upload them to my gallery later, after I've finished cropping and have done tinge to sir on the laptop.

EDIT: Clarity

Edited by Wulf Vengis

My friends paint set came in earlier this week and he dropped it off here for safety sake. I've been busy painting some miscellaneous minis and FFGs Fallout minis with these paints and one of his brushes.

My brushes and pale flesh from GSW came in yesterday.

My Burning Gold from GSW arrived today.

I'm finally ready to start the test models.

Expect some more pics in the near future.

3rd coats...

I'm really liking this color so far. I don't know if I'll need the "ground is lava" paint, but I'm going to try to find a good use for it.

I need to figure out how I'm going to pick out some of the smaller details and have them be visible past the gold/orange effect.

med_gallery_33718_16370_831185.jpg

EDIT: I have another 2nd edition Fuegan... Time to prime. Then coat with "Ground is Lava".

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Thank you, i will most likely use this paint scheme as a sort of under coat on the avatar i dipped yesterday, most likely with a bone colored armor.

I'm still trying to sort out the color for the hoses, i just can't figure out what to go with.

I tried army painters "demonic yellow" on the soul stones of his helmet and armor but it stood out in the opposite way that the "ground is lava" does' it's hard to explain but it just didn't look right to me.

I used army painters "lava orange" (i think it's called) to pick out the spikes and trim detail of the armor as well as the hands, "pants" (from behind), mouth guard and eyes. Also the scales on the sides of the helmet and the cut-outs in the sides of the helmet and any runes i noticed (on the right breast) as well as the loin cloth. (This was done AFTER the 3rd coat of "burning gold" had dried for several days.)

I then dry brushed the "burning gold" back over the hands, mouth guard and loin cloth and picked out the soul stones on the weapon and the ridged vent things.

Then "demonic yellow" touch to the eyes.

I'm very impressed with the seeming glow effect. I've taken some dark shots and most of the Orange is a deep embery red.

med_gallery_33718_16370_386518.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_134221.jpg

Also, i feel bad, i meant to props you on your own work in the pics you shared before, but in my enthusiasm to start this project i totally forgot... My sincerest apologies.

So, i want to say, i love that purple green shift scheme on your flyer. Is the sparkle effect part of it or did you spritz on a little something something at the end there?

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Mind, this is still just a test model for a totally different sculpt by Artel W. (Trigger pull on that is coming very soon.)

I'm going to finish that fire Dragon in a matching scheme too, in order to have a matching pair.

I may finish the other Fuegan and Fire Dragon i started with "the ground is lava" scheme, just for skitja and growls. You know, like a nice comparison between these burning baddies and what i felt was too much of a dark Eldar look.

EDIT: Is there a painting challenge currently? If so can i vow to the glorious resurgence of the Aeldari race? You know what I'll go check...

Edited by Wulf Vengis

I understand the focus thing for sure. Glad to see your progress. As for your questiont this is the effect after spraying it thru an airbrush. It is a metallic color. After this razorwing was detailed I gloss clear coated it to smooth the rough apperance.

20190224-011748.jpg

2018 subaru legacy 2.5 i sport 0 60

20190224-012647.jpg

2018 subaru legacy 2.5 i sport 0 60

Anywho, on your hoses, how about red with a brown wash. I feel it would help maintain the scheme without throwing in an eye sore.

Edited by Dread

Those razorwings look good man holy...

med_gallery_33718_16370_239724.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_780648.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_836787.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_286121.jpg

I'm fighting myself on whether or not i should do the armor in a color fitting for Wraithblade or maybe an iron color to fit with the Old fluff a bit more... Gonna mull this over a bit. Maybe do a little spot in bone color and see what i think...

Fuegans hoses will repainted red later today at some point.

EDIT: Turned links into images.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

• 2 weeks later...

Wave Serpent arrived today thanks to a father's day gift from a friend (namely the one whos Nurgle models i posted last night).

I only had enough primer to do the upper hull. More primer has since been acquired since but i have not yet primed the rest of the tank.

med_gallery_33718_16370_546337.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_546337.jpg

EDIT: Links turned to images.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Been very busy the last few days...

The Fire Dragon glyphs are free-hand on the larger soulstones.

The Twin Starcannon is magnetized (gonna do the other weapons when I'm done painting).

The front mounted Twin Shuriken Catapult and Shuriken Cannon have been snipped in such a way they can be swapped.

The turret mount can be positioned in different locations and the turret itself rotates.

The loading ramp works and the interior is painted (though i didn't even think to decorate and personalize the interior until i was typing this, oh well).

Just some touch-ups a little more Burning Gold, some Gun Metal and Skeleton Bone with a little bit of misc detail, maybe a free-hand Wave Serpent glyph and this is a finished tank.

med_gallery_33718_16370_221885.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_261139.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_83137.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_278149.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_351892.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_415202.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_483945.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_415310.jpg

med_gallery_33718_16370_152167.jpg

EDIT: Turned links to images.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

A little fun post to see the amount of work ahead of me.

I intend to repair and paint everything here. Then replace some of them with updated kits.

med_gallery_33718_16370_405100.jpg

The inventory list is as follows:

(from left to right/front to back in columns)

1. Wave Serpent Grav-transport

Fire Prism Grav-tank

2. Fuegan/Fire Dragons

Maugan-Ra/Dark Reapers

Falcon Grav-tank

3. Eldrad/Warlocks

Wraithlord

Wraithlord

Warwalker

4. Jain-zar/Howling Banshees

Baharroth/Swooping Hawks

Falcon Grav-tank

5. Wraithlord

Wraithlord

Vyper Attack-bike

6. Karandaras/Striking Scorpions

Warp Spiders

Falcon Grav-tank

7. Wraithlord

Wraithlord

Warwalker

8. Asurmen/Dire Avengers

Rangers

Falcon Grav-tank

There's another 2 boxes with 40ish guardians each sitting here too.

I sold the Wraithguard models years ago at Adepticon and i have no idea where the shining spears/jet-bike squadrons have gone to over the years but oh well.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

med_gallery_33718_16370_121319.jpg

I'll take a better final group shot today if the weather permits.

Green Stuff Worlds Colorshift paint:

As said previously i used their "Burning Gold". I primed Fuegan and two fire dragons in gloss black and primed the rest of the fire dragons and the wave serpent in matte black.

1. The gloss primer gave the "BG" a "shinier" appearance but most of the "excess" shine from the primer was mitigated comfortably. However; the gloss paint came out of the can a bit thicker and this caused issue with some details when it came to the "BG" pooling in crevices where it would give off the most notable "glow".

2. The matte black primer didn't have a terribly different outcome. A bit less of the natural "shine" in the final product but nothing truly noticeable side by side.

Edited by Wulf Vengis