Craftworld Mal'ushey

Wulf Vengis

I'm trying to blend the best of the past with, well what i can salvage from the more modern. Not to say it's all bad, but i had an unbroken losing streak against Eldar until the 5th edition space wolves codex.

I don't feel they've been treated respectfully since their 4th edition release. Some things were expanded upon but their overall "flavor" seems lacking in more modern releases. I want to try and bring back their lost personality.

STORM GUARDIANS SQUAD 90pts-200pts

Guardian

M/WS/BS/S/T/W/A/Ld/Sv

7"/4+/4+/3/3/1/2/7/5+

Warlock

M/WS/BS/S/T/W/A/Ld/Sv

7"/3+/3+/3/3/2/2/8/4+

Storm Guardian Unit Type

Aeldari, <Craftworld>, Guardians, Infantry, Troops

Warlock Unit Type

Aeldari, <Craftworld>, Infantry, Psyker, Warlock

Unit Composition

8-24 Guardians

Wargear

Each Guardian is armed with mesh armor, an aeldari chainblade, haywire grenades, plasma grenades and a shuriken pistol.

Options

For every ten guardians in this unit, one may replace their aeldari chainblade and shuriken pistol with a flamer or a fusion gun.

For every ten guardians in this unit, one may replace their aeldari chainblade with a power sword.

A storm guardians squad may be led by a Warlock.

The Warlock is armed with rune armour, a shuriken pistol and a witchblade.

The Warlock may exchange their witchblade with a singing spear.

Dedicated Transport

This unit may be accompanied by a Wave Serpent.

Storm Guardians Special Rules

Ancient Doom: You can re-roll failed hit rolls in the assault phase for this unit in a turn in which it charges or is charged by a SLAANESH unit. However, you must add 1 to Morale rolls for this unit if it is within 3" of any SLAANESH units.

Battle Focus: If this unit marches or runs in its Movement phase weapons (excluding Heavy weapons) are used as if the unit had remained stationary until the end of the shooting phase.

Bladestorm: If this unit did not March or run during the movement phase, the guardians may fire all shuriken weapons twice during the shooting phase, this includes any heavy shuriken weapons platforms.

<Craftworld>: (TBD)

Warlock Special Rules

Ancient Doom: You can re-roll failed hit rolls in the assault phase for this unit in a turn in which it charges or is charged by a SLAANESH unit. However, you must add 1 to Morale rolls for this unit if it is within 3" of any SLAANESH units.

Battle Focus: If this unit marches or runs in its Movement phase weapons (excluding Heavy weapons) are used as if the unit had remained stationary until the end of the shooting phase.

<Craftworld>: (TBD)

Destructor: A Warlock may use the destructor power in addition to any other psychic powers it chooses to manifest.

======================================

Some thoughts:

The Eldar shouldn't get combat squads. But I'm considering allowing a second wave serpent for max size guardian squads. The catch here would be that the wave serpents must be deployed as a squadron and the passengers must embark/disembark following unit coherency rules. Meaning the wave serpents must be in squadron coherency and the guardians must be in unit coherency both before and after the action.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

I added the following to the Wargear:

Aeldari Chainblade

Range/Type/S/AP/D

melee/melee/user/0/1

Special

You can re-roll failed hit rolls for this weapon.

Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon.

Aeldari Missile Launcher

When you choose this weapon to shoot with, select one of the profiles below:

Sunburst Missile

Range/Type/S/AP/D

48"/heavy d6/4/-1/1

Starshot Missile

Range/Type/S/AP/D

48"/heavy 1/8/-2/d6

Bright Lance

Range/Type/S/AP/D

36"/heavy 1/8/-4/d6

Flamer

Range/Type/S/AP/D

12"/assault d6/4/0/1

Special

Flamer: This weapon automatically hits any models between the firing model and the target.

Plasma Grenade

Range/Type/S/AP/D

6"/grenade d6/4/-1/1

Special

Grenade: This weapons range is equivalent to its users unmodified Strength.

Scatter Laser

Range/Type/S/AP/D

36"/heavy 4/6/0/1

Shuriken Cannon

Range/Type/S/AP/D

24"/assault 3/6/0/1

Special

Each time you make an unmodified wound roll of 6 for this weapon, that hit is resolved with an AP of -3 instead of 0.

Shuriken Catapult

Range/Type/S/AP/D

12"/assault 2/4/0/1

Special

Each time you make an unmodified wound roll of 6 for this weapon, that hit is resolved with an AP of -3 instead of 0.

Shuriken Pistol

Range/Type/S/AP/D

12"/pistol 1/4/0/1

Special

Starcannon

Range/Type/S/AP/D

36"/heavy 2/6/-3/d3

@Slasher: I think i misunderstood your previous post.

200 points.....

it cant be wounded by anything that has flame, melta in its title... its a null zone...

it has no armour save so why bother saying it cant be modified? Also that means some-one comes along with a weapon that ignores invuns (GKs still?) .... should have an armour save the same as its invu....hmm could do with it being a 4+ armour & a 4++ (its a physical part of a god not the manifestation of a gods power (chaos demons)

I think you're questioning the 200pts pricetag, I'll circle back to that.

it cant be wounded by anything that has flame, melta in its title... its a null zone...

Correct; flamer, melta, plasma and poison weapons or abilities cannot wound it due to its body being composed of molten iron.

it has no armour save ... hmm could do with it being a 4+ armour

Due to the iron body special rule it has a 3+ armor save that is unaffected by the armour penetration value of weapons. *I suppose a better wording may be in order for this one.* It's still going to blown to bits by massed bolter or las fire, its just durable.

*Iron Body: This model is immune to armor save penalties furthermore, weapons that wound this model are treated as AP 0.*

I kinda figured 200pts was a good price for a durable, lethal single model HQ unit that can't hide. But I am open to discussion if it seems over/under priced.

We've had some remodeling and plumbing going on in the home. Exarch powers and finishing touches are still in order but Here's the beginning of the Swooping Hawks:

SWOOPING HAWKS

Swooping Hawk

M/WS/BS/S/T/W/A/Ld/Sv

14 /3+ /3+ /3 /3 /1 /1 /8 /4+

Swooping Hawk Exarch

M/WS/BS/S/T/W/A/Ld/Sv

14 /3+ /3+ /3 /3 /2 /2 /8 /4+

Swooping Hawk Unit Type

Aeldari, Aspect Warrior, <Craftworld>, Fast Attack, Jump Infantry, Swooping Hawks

Swooping Hawk Exarch Unit Type

Aeldari, Aspect Warrior, <Craftworld>, Exarch, Fast Attack, Jump Infantry, Swooping Hawks

Unit Composition

5-10 Swooping Hawks

Swooping Hawk Wargear

Each swooping hawk is armed with hawk armour, hawk wings, haywire grenades, a lasblaster, plasma grenades, and swooping hawk grenade packs.

Options

One swooping hawk may be upgraded to a swooping hawk exarch armed with hawk armour, hawk wings, haywire grenades, a lasblaster, plasma grenades, and swooping hawk grenade packs.

A swooping hawk exarch may replace their lasblaster with a hawks talon or a sunrifle.

A swooping hawk exarch may take a power sword.

Swooping Hawk Special Rules

Children of Baharroth: (Needs wording) If this unit is in reserves at the beginning of the movement phase, it may deploy using deepstrike. Additionally when this unit deploys in this manner select one enemy unit within 12 inches. (That unit takes fire from the swooping hawks' grenade packs.)

Intercept: This unit can perform close combat attacks against units with the flyer type.

Skyleap: At the beginning of the Movement phase, if this unit is not within 1 inch of an enemy model they can withdraw from the battlefield and be placed into reserves. Place a token where this unit was. This unit may not both skyleap and descend in the same turn. If The battle ends while this unit is in the skies, they are considered to be slain.

Skyhunters: (tbd)

Swooping Hawk Exarch Special Rules:

Children of Baharroth: (Needs wording) If this unit is in reserves at the beginning of the movement phase, it may deploy using deepstrike. Additionally when this unit deploys in this manner select one enemy unit within 12 inches. (That unit takes fire from the swooping hawks' grenade packs.)

Intercept: This unit can perform close combat attacks against units with the flyer type.

Skyleap: At the beginning of the Movement phase, if this unit is not within 1 inch of an enemy model they can withdraw from the battlefield and be placed into reserves. Place a token where this unit was. This unit may not both skyleap and descend in the same turn. If The battle ends while this unit is in the skies, they are considered to be slain.

Skyhunters: (tbd)

• 6 months later...

They are indeed! I am impressed at how well these guys hold up, at least to other models of their age.

As for the color, I have to agree after seeing the two models and sleeping on it the grey looks better.

Welp, time to add the rest of the colors the grey one.

med_gallery_33718_16370_214210.jpg

Fun fact: This particular group of Storm Guardians were primed either in 1998 or sometime before that using GW Bone White rattle can, by their original owner. They were sold to my friend in 2000 along with a chunk of the Eldar from the earlier pic (the one without guardians). The original owner had intended to paint them in the old second edition Ulthw Edited by Wulf Vengis