Marines Malevolent: How to Primaris?

Sete

Hi all!

My interest on Marines Malevolent increases with my bitterness and age.

So im thinking on how the M&M (Marines Malevolent) get their hands in that sweet MKX armour and and tech.

We know from the Battle of Loqe II that they get their grubby hands on Primaris Gene Seed, and maybe saved a Custodian Warden? Would they kill an injured Custodes? I like to think they would. Thats why I like them.

How would they receive their tech if they are hated by the Mechanicus?

Also what CT would they use?

Edited by Sete

Would they kill an injured Custodes?

Hell no. For all their faults, the Marines Malevolent are pragmatic and loyal. They don't give a diddly squat about the average human, or even post-human life, but they serve the Emperor as dilligently, if not more so, than most chapters and they would be perfectly aware of the fact that if they killed a custodes and somebody found out they'd be in some deep trouble. Attacking a Custodes is attacking someone invested with the power of the Lex Magisterium - the law beyond all laws. Its the most direct attack an affront against the Emperor and his authority there is. Besides, there is no point in killing a Custodian; their weapons are gene-locked to such an extent that it took Argel-Tal some serious, unexplained sorcery to make it available to himself, and the armour is not made for a Space Marine to fit in (And even if it were, it'd be questionable if a Space Marine could even interface with it considering that Custodes are physiologically different from them).

Just way too much trouble for barely any pragmatic gain.

How would they receive their tech if they are hated by the Mechanicus?

I believe they could do something similar like the Sons of Medusa; they capture uncorrupted wargear and reconsecrate it for their own uses. Apart from that, I could imagine them doing a lot of retrieval missions in order to bolster their armoury and also entering bargains with other factions for the sake of supplies. Say, a forgeworld might not supply them as is, but they might spring them some ammo if the Marines Malevolent clear out a part of an asteroid belt in preparation of mining operations. A Rogue Trader might broker some supplies through his contacts if they assist him or her in clearing a planet. The Ecclesiarchy might provide some rosaries for the chaplains if they root out a heretic cult.

Also what CT would they use?

That's a pretty difficult one; I could see them working well with the Crimson Fist one (Under-strength but so bitter that each one counts like two), or maybe White Scars because I could see an undersupplied force falling back to hit-and-run tactis with comparatively "cheap" equipment (like bikes) in order to minimize losses and maximize gains.

Good point all around.

If anything, saving the Custodes sbould gain them some barganing points.

I need to thinker a bit with OG Marines backpacks, godwin bolters, and mk7 helmets to give them a bit of a salvaged look. They should fit well with Primaris legs and torso.

CT wise i was thinking on Bolter Fusilade and Indomitable.

I need to thinker a bit with OG Marines backpacks, godwin bolters, and mk7 helmets to give them a bit of a salvaged look. They should fit well with Primaris legs and torso.

CT wise i was thinking on Bolter Fusilade and Indomitable.

Sounds pretty good! I distinctly remember Jes Goodwin saying in one of the interviews that at the very least helmets and shoulderpads were interchangeable between the earlier marks and mark X. What could also be a cool idea is have the chapter not have quite as much access to specialized variants of Mark X armour as others. Maybe their reavers are just intercessors with souped up bolt pistols and combat blades/chainswords? Or maybe their Infiltrators are in just regular mark X armour armed with standard bolters instead of whatever multi-scoped thingy the infiltrators have?

The sky is the limit! :)