Iron Hands == outflanking vindicators 3K

Argel Tal

Hey bolter fans, 

I plan to run IH next year and I try to anticipate my future orders for this army as I fell in love with the boyz in shiny black and I found the concept of the Head of The Gorgon gameplay quite entertaining ! All transport will probably outflank and T1 the only things on the table will be the volkite culverin, glaive and the proteus to help the reserve. Orth goes with the Venator obviously.

I'm not sure on the equipment of the veterans, probably they will be better with combi plas instead of melta and Morr will join them cause I feel I like a bit of anty MEQ.

And maybe I'm a bit thin on scroring units, I have 4 of them but they are quite low on number. 

So here is my first attempt ! 

• Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,997pts]
    • HQ [305pts]
      • Iron-father Autek Mor [225pts]
      • Spearhead-Centurion Castrmen Orth [80pts]
    • Elites [927pts]
      • Gorgon Terminator Squad [465pts]

Selections: Chainfist [10pts], 4x Gorgon Terminator [140pts], Graviton Gun [15pts]

• Gorgon Hammerbearer [10pts]

Selections: Cyber-familiar [10pts]

• Land Raider Phobos [230pts]

Selections: Dozer Blade [5pts], 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

• Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [462pts]

Selections: 5x Bolt Pistol, Bolter, 5x Combat Blade, 4x Combi-weapon: Meltagun, Melta Bombs [25pts], 5x Veteran Space Marines, Legion [60pts], Veteran Tactics: Machine Killers

• Land Raider Proteus [265pts]

Selections: Dozer Blade [5pts], Explorator Augury Web [50pts], Hull-Mounted Twin-Linked Lascannon [30pts], 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

• Veteran Sergeant, Legion [10pts]

Selections: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolt Pistol

• Chainsword or Combat Blade

Selections: Combat Blade

• Combi-weapon

Selections: Combi-weapon: Meltagun

• Troops [400pts]
      • Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [200pts]

Selections: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion [90pts]

• Additional Wargear [10pts]

Selections: Vexilla, Legion [10pts]

• Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion [50pts]

Selections: Multi Melta [15pts]

• Tactical Sergeant, Legion [15pts]

Selections: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolter, Melta Bombs [5pts]

• Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [200pts]

Selections: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion [90pts]

• Additional Wargear [10pts]

Selections: Vexilla, Legion [10pts]

• Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion [50pts]

Selections: Multi Melta [15pts]

• Tactical Sergeant, Legion [15pts]

Selections: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolter, Melta Bombs [5pts]

• Heavy Support [715pts]
      • Heavy Support Squad, Legion Volkite Culverin [260pts]

Selections: Space Marines, Legion [20pts], Space Marines, Legion [20pts], Space Marines, Legion [20pts], Space Marines, Legion [20pts], Space Marines, Legion [20pts], Space Marines, Legion [20pts], Volkite Culverin [70pts]

• Sergeant, Legion [15pts]

Selections: Artificer Armour [10pts], Augury Scanner [5pts]

• Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [195pts]

Selections: Dozer Blade [5pts]

• Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, Legion [260pts]
        • Vindicator Tank, Legion [130pts]

Selections: Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade [5pts], Extra Armour [5pts]

• Vindicator Tank, Legion [130pts]

Selections: Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade [5pts], Extra Armour [5pts]

• Allegiance
      • Legion and Allegiance

Selections: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist

• Rite of War

Selections: The Head of the Gorgon

• Lords of War [650pts]
      • Glaive Special Weapons Tank, Legion [650pts]

Selections: Armoured Ceramite [25pts], Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolters, Volkite Carronade

Edited by Argel Tal

Solid armour list mate, I do think you're right in regards to scoring. I've had very little luck with venators maybe consider swapping it out for another blob of Tacticals? They will last infinitely longer and score you those invaluable VP's. You're Glaive and LR's will provide plenty of long range anti armour.

Well with Orth the venator gets BS 5 and tank hunter si I hope it will be enough to get the best out of it ! 

I'm not sure the main target for the glaive will be armored units, it seems way better at shooting at infantry blobs. 

The other option can also be to drop the 2 rhinos for 2x15 tac squads foot slogging and try to find some points to squeeze apothecaries in there. What I liked with the rhinos os the outflanking melta possibilities and bring some mobile scoring units in the enemy DZ. 

If I drop the venator and Orth I get around 250ish point for another soring unit.... But at this point it feels that I need more anti armor if I don't have the venator, my long range AV is a bit short. 

List looks great, only tweak I would suggest is to try and find some points for the “power of the machine spirit” upgrade on the vindicators. Can’t tell you how many times that rule has helped...

You mean to upgrade just one vindic to split fire from the other one ? 

The points are a bit short so I don't really know where I could find the missing points ahah 

No, I mean upgrade both so they can move 12” and fire, and can essentially ignore crew shaken and stunned results. Split fire is a nice bonus. In terms of finding points, I would save on additional war gear.

Cadmus

Thanks for the advice Cadmus, I can imgine that those 2 templates when they hit can be quite nasty with that range increase :smile.: 

So I will take this list as a base for next year painting schedule ! As I said my only concern is the low scroing boots but if I remove the venator, I feel quite naked on the AV side... 

I don't know if a support squad would be better compared to the machine killers vets though ?... 

PS: i live you painting topic Cadmus, great source of inspiration !

Edited by Argel Tal