Canadian_F_H

Just spit balling for now. 30k is apparently the thing locally since the main local group I would play with has entirely stopped playing 40k in the last few months.

This list is a bit... Heavy handed.

3000 points because that is pretty much standard within the local group. apparently 3 vs 3 3000points per player is also very common. As in one game per week.

Anyways... Here is what ive come up with.

+++ (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) +++ ++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

2x Chaplain [110pts each]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Refractor Field, Consul Chaplain: crozius = Power Axe

Sigismund [230pts]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [165pts]

3x Apothecary, Artificer Armour, Chainsword

+ Troops +

2x Tactical Squad, Compulsory [250pts each]: 19x Tactical Space Marines, Chainswords, Tactical Sergeant, Artificer Armour, Power Fist

Templar Brethren [425pts]: 9x Combat Shield, 2x Plasma Pistol, 9x Templar Brethren, Vexilla, Legion Chapter Champion: Combat Shield, Master-crafted Plasma Pistol, Solarite Power Gauntlet

+ Fast Attack +

2x Xiphon Interceptor [220pts each]: Chaff Launcher, Ground-tracking Auguries, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

3x Spartan Assault Tank [340pts each]: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

Allegiance: VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist Rite of War: Armoured Spearhead +

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Edited by Canadian_F_H

To be honest it looks a bit too spammy for me, 3 spartans is a bit too much at 3K gameplay wise and you can need a scoring back line unit as well.

And IF don't really get any benefit at CC, Templars are okay but mainlly AP3, ok Sigui is a beast but all you other squads will struggle against TEQ and you don't have that much firepower on this side. You are not BA or WE which have crazy despoiler squad due to their legion rules, IF are more about shooting and being defensive with some good counter punch units. 

Maybe try to reduce the templar squad and get a standard land raider instead of spartans + drop one Xyphon for another scoring units like terminators with storm shield.

On a sidenote for the spartans you don't really need the auxil drive, dozer blade should be enough but you need the flare shield for sure.

Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but I like the concept of the list but I think it needs some tweeking to make it more enjoyable to play with and against :)

To be honest it looks a bit too spammy for me, 3 spartans is a bit too much at 3K gameplay wise and you can need a scoring back line unit as well.

And IF don't really get any benefit at CC, Templars are okay but mainlly AP3, ok Sigui is a beast but all you other squads will struggle against TEQ and you don't have that much firepower on this side. You are not BA or WE which have crazy despoiler squad due to their legion rules, IF are more about shooting and being defensive with some good counter punch units.

Maybe try to reduce the templar squad and get a standard land raider instead of spartans + drop one Xyphon for another scoring units like terminators with storm shield.

On a sidenote for the spartans you don't really need the auxil drive, dozer blade should be enough but you need the flare shield for sure.

Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but I like the concept of the list but I think it needs some tweeking to make it more enjoyable to play with and against :)

BOOM!

Actually for the meta he would be playing in, 3 Spartans are par for the course with the ridiculousness that goes on. You will see things like Mastadons, Fellblades, etc pretty regularly. I’m actually one of the only people in that meta that uses Phobos Land raiders at all.

It’s also very fluffy for the 1st company to send lots of people in tanks screaming at an objective. A big blob o- with an apothecary and a chaplain is really mean.

I second the idea of terminators or something as backfield scoring though.

Edited by CajunJynx

Maybe mean but not that effective :p 

And spartan are not that better compared to phobos of you don't get the flare shield !

Mastodons at 3K is a bit crappy IMHO, way too expensive and not that much firepower for this price.

But for the math maybe it can work to drop a xyphon, replace the templar spartan for a phobos (I don't remeber if you can get 9 templars to fir Sigui in it)  and get a terminator unit in phobos. 

Cheapest way to get them at the point can be to use a transpoder for some DS. 

Maybe mean but not that effective :p

And spartan are not that better compared to phobos of you don't get the flare shield !

Mastodons at 3K is a bit crappy IMHO, way too expensive and not that much firepower for this price.

But for the math maybe it can work to drop a xyphon, replace the templar spartan for a phobos (I don't remeber if you can get 9 templars to fir Sigui in it) and get a terminator unit in phobos.

Cheapest way to get them at the point can be to use a transpoder for some DS.

The guy that uses the mastodon typically does very well at major events like Adepticon, it’s nasty with a full terror squad and a melee contemptor.

It’s very brutal in our team games (normally 6k-9k/side, 3k per person). I actually said the same thing about the flare shield. With that ROW he can take phobos and free up a heavy slot. I’m actually doing my own version of this list, while still attempting to have the Templar flavor.

This is the “if I was building this” version. Dropped the tacs completely for two more squads of brethren, 8 strong so you can still fit a character+apothecary in each. Each squad has a fist plus at least one character with a power axe and melta bombs so when they aren’t shredding infantry they can burn vehicles, with combat shields they are de facto terminators for less points.

For heavy support, a large squad of Lascannon support dudes to hide out in cover as a backfield support squad that can still threaten most of the board and get free tank hunter because IF.

For 20 points more than the Xiphon you can grab an Arcus, which can handle AA fine and is personally just one of my favorite units in HH.

+ HQ +

Chaplain [110pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Power Axe, Refractor Field

. Consul: Chaplain

Chaplain [110pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Power Axe, Refractor Field

. Consul: Chaplain

Sigismund [230pts]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [165pts]

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainsword

+ Troops +

Templar Brethren , Compulsory [610pts]: 7x Combat Shield, 2x Plasma Pistol, 7x Templar Brethren

. Chapter Champion: Combat Shield, Master-craft a single weapon, Plasma Pistol, Solarite Power Gauntlet

. Land Raider Phobos: Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

Templar Brethren , Compulsory [610pts]: 7x Combat Shield, 2x Plasma Pistol, 7x Templar Brethren

. Chapter Champion: Combat Shield, Master-craft a single weapon, Plasma Pistol, Solarite Power Gauntlet

. Land Raider Phobos: Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Support Squad, Legion Lascannon [315pts]: Hardened Armour, Lascannon, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion

. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner

Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank [240pts]: Armoured Ceramite

. Twin Arcus launcher: Skyspear Warheads

Legion and Allegiance: VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist

Rite of War: Armoured Spearhead

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Yep this one looks better to me as you have both good frontline units and backline shooty stuff 

But it will require very good deployement as you are quit low on numbers but yes apart from that it looks quite thematic and nice :) 

The main weakness is scoring and number so if you want to increase this army it definitely needs more termies or vets to cap stuff. Btw maybe you can swap out some templars for some weaponmaster vets if you feel the need to alternate units and don't always paint the same models. The main advanatge of the vet is that they have access to more versatile weapons but they are not as resilient as the templars. 

And the mastodon is another subject on its own but IMHO it's way too expensive to put that much stuff into one unit. It's like a 1000ish unit and it plays like a spartan/primarch deathstar. Ok you will kill some stuff but it's hard to score VP's with low numbers for the reste of the army. Anyway go for it :) And it can even be a nice Siege of Terra thematic army for the "not yet" black templars !

Yep this one looks better to me as you have both good frontline units and backline shooty stuff

But it will require very good deployement as you are quit low on numbers but yes apart from that it looks quite thematic and nice :)

The main weakness is scoring and number so if you want to increase this army it definitely needs more termies or vets to cap stuff. Btw maybe you can swap out some templars for some weaponmaster vets if you feel the need to alternate units and don't always paint the same models. The main advanatge of the vet is that they have access to more versatile weapons but they are not as resilient as the templars.

And the mastodon is another subject on its own but IMHO it's way too expensive to put that much stuff into one unit. It's like a 1000ish unit and it plays like a spartan/primarch deathstar. Ok you will kill some stuff but it's hard to score VP's with low numbers for the reste of the army. Anyway go for it :) And it can even be a nice Siege of Terra thematic army for the "not yet" black templars !

This is my take on OP’s list, we play in the same meta.

Hmm. Good ideas. Thematically I am trying to go for a scouring era templars army, when things really started to go off the rails for the Legion. Obviously will change up the list from game to game. The original list is an "extremist" view of the concept. Which is largely based on the fact that transport capacity with marine vehicles is either less than 10, exactly 10 or flying leap to 25 with the spartan. Incidentally I would think the advent of the land raider crusader millenia later with its capacity of 16 is related to a dwindlng supply of functional spartans.

I havent written the list yet but the other extreme i like is the mass teleport "shrouded" "blinding" imperial fists which would definitly be shootier since we canjot assault the turn we arrive from DS. and would definitly feature terminators, especially of the stormshield variety.

Once i figure out that list, collect/build/paint enough models to field either and the fact i have 1 or 2 land raiders that can be fielded as phobos already... I should be able to blend to a middle ground and less extremist force.

...but having the extreme available is FUN for narrative and possibly useful in the 3vs3 9k/side games we do here almost weekly.

Ill work out my moderate list and get back to yall.

Thanks much! (fyi. Check out cajunjynx's 30k army lists. He will be a regular foe of mine!)