Flying Daemon Princes

jgascoine011

How in the fluff do daemon princes fly?

I have 2 daemon princes but none of them have wings on the model (one is and old OOP model and the other is mamon). I always just let my opponent know that they have wings but was thinking of a way to model them to show that they can fly.

Was thinking of having a bunch of nurglings carry a disk, which the daemon prince stands on.

Are there any other ways daemon princes fly without wings?

They're Daemons, obeying the laws of physics is for chumps

So long as you have made an effort to demonstrate that your DP isn't simply walking along on foot, I don't think a reasonable opponent is going to take issue with your interpretation.

I think that a model that enjoys the special rule/keyword fly requires some modelling features that physically shows on the table that it can continuously move without touching the ground. Be it wings, jet/rocket nozzle/engines, propellers, antigravity devices, discs whatever.

Sure you could always argue that they are deamons and can do whatever they want, however, with the same logic you can argue that they can shoot plasma cannon shots without physically being equipped with a plasma cannon.

If a model have a rules feature that can be represented physically on the model then it should, that makes it easier to play the game and one sees and understand the models capability just looking at it itself instead of reading an army list and/or trusting your opponent.

If you go the disc route I suggest you have the disc "hovering" with a small flyer base instead of being carried by nurglings that themselves are walking on the ground.

gallery_162425_15929_645680.jpg

I have one of each.

Page 28 of the Death guard codex (lore page on Daemon Princes of Nurgle) says 'Some Daemon Princes can even fly, enormous insect wings or spiraling vortices of noxious fumes carrying them across the battlefield. Their bodies may exude corrosive spores and deadly viral strains, or form squirming hatcheries for swirling clouds of plague flies.'

So fluff wise perhaps locusts or thick poisonous fumes come out the hives/spores on the Daemon Princes back/shoulders and carry him around. I can picture it easily. And that is straight from the codex. There are no rules that they have to have wings or jet packs or anything. The reason they put those words in the codex was they still wanted to sell the old model but also let it fly conversion free. The model also has a gun built into his left hand/arm which is why they allowed them to take a plague spewer with the sword/Talon. Hope that helps!

Edited by Putrid Choir