Kolgrims's Deathwatch project

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Good to see some black Templars sword brethren joining your ranks.

Speaking of BT I've got the High Marshall Helbrecht and I replaced his one hand with a hammer and was thinking of putting a shield in front of the thing he's holding its like a lantern, and giving him a jump pack. The only thing I'm not sure about it is the left shoulder won't be the DW pad due to there being a cloak covering half of the pad and arm. Do you think it's worth using some green stuff to fully cover the BT pad on the left side or just leave it as is? I think I would need a small dremel tool to really cut the piece out and have it actually look nice, all I have is a small hacksaw and if I go that route I'll cut more than what I want. Trying to figure out how to send a picture from this pos cell phone I have but even with a usb cable its not working so all I can do is try to describe it. Sister went on a cruise with the digital camera I normally use.

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

Honestly I'm not sure if the jump packs will fit well to his back and if he's old I'm assuming it's metal.

I personally like to keep all the pads correct for the look of the force but with this idea I'm unsure, it's going to be difficult to do well, if you can get hold of a dremel though go for it, mines a life saver.

Been a little while since I posted sister went out of town on a cruise and took my camera so I couldn't post anything, but she's back now so here are 2 things I've been working on. The mephiston was the first time I actually painted a model in pieces rather than put fully together and paint and I think I like that route the best, comes in handy trying to reach small enclosed spaces. Probably just use them both as Watch Sergeants, still getting over being sick so more to come soon as I feel a little better.

Watch Sergeant 2

Mephiston conversion   Watch Sergeant

• 5 weeks later...

Been dealing with depression lately haven't painted or built anything in a while. But I got a good nights rest for the first time in weeks and was like I'm gonna finish my vow for the january challenge. Not totally done with these I've got astro granite debri on them now waiting for it to dry and then I'll touch up the bases and be done.

Kill Team

Different shield

Thank you, here's a quick update I finished the bases and touched them up. Found out adding astrogranite debri when the model is on the base already was a realy pain in the ass to not get it all over the legs and feet of the model. So I think next time I'll just do the base separate and then glue them to it, maybe with pins too. Was pretty nice painting again, first time entering a paint challenge, I'm gonna try to do one every month to keep me motivated.

Jan 2020 vow complete 1

IMG 3723 (2)