Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

holiday/year end bundles announced

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts

Thank the fates none of these tickle my fancy. Gives my wallet a bit of a rest

I will second that. Nothing for me here this time around

8.jpg

Armies:  Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights and Custodes.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,203 posts
Some quality classic content in the marine boxes :)
  • Emicus likes this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
I have to admit these boxes have my interest piqued, but nothing has me going "I NEED THIS" just yet.

That said, I am trying to get some project inspiration drummed up so it's likely that I'm just lacking that little push over the edge.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Jacques Corbin

Jacques Corbin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,728 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Yes, now I can get my Phobos Lt!
  • Brother Yroc and MegaVolt87 like this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
I was hoping for a more generic start collecting primaris box but the one they have done is good for some people I guess. Can't say any of the battleforces tempt me but given I'm buying the sisters box hopefully (and promptly giving to my wife to wrap for Xmas) it's kind of a relief to be honest.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts

Thirded. I got both the Space Marines battleforces last year and Shadowspear a couple months later. So nothing in any of these sets that I need, although I'm sure I'll end up just buying something else sooner than I was planning.

• happyslugger and Mr4Minutes like this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts

Thirded. I got both the Space Marines battleforces last year and Shadowspear a couple months later. So nothing in any of these sets that I need, although I'm sure I'll end up just buying something else sooner than I was planning.

Well I am going to splurge on that new AoS faction sooo 

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts

For those who didn't manage to get shadowspear or want to expand on them then they are pretty decent little sets, regardless of whether they are monopose or not. Also, this is the closest to an official release we will get of the suppressors, other Lt in Phobos, Obliterators, Greater Posessed and the spider thing.

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,165 posts

I wasn't expecting the start collecting to be the Shadowspear stuff repackaged. 

Glad for it however, really good content in there to get the ball rolling for both armies. 

Same could be said for any of the battleforces. The Chaos one is excellent. (Assuming were still looking at a 175 price point...) 

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,196 posts
Yeah glad to see the Shadowspear stuff is going to be available going forward. Too many models have been ‘lost’ as they’ve been on starter box sprues or similar.

Nothing for me apart from maybe the Red Gobbo (for future conversion). Since that release list is looking real, it seems like the only thing for me pre-Xmas is the AI Grot Bomma!
  • Sonoftherubric21 and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

What are those things underneath the painthandles? The only interesting thing ere for me is da red gobbo 'imself, but the shadowspear stuff as SC boxes seems to me like they'll be quite popular.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,580 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Phew. The only one that even slightly tempts me is Court of the Craven King. I will say that this basically verifies that leaked retail list though, so I am also going to assume the prices we saw were accurate as well. Meaning that new Necromunda box really does cost $290...

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

What are those things underneath the painthandles? The only interesting thing ere for me is da red gobbo 'imself, but the shadowspear stuff as SC boxes seems to me like they'll be quite popular.

Priming handle for spraying in batches and pot holder (blessed by Papa) because they've seen all the spilled pot posts on reddit and wanna grab a bite of that market.

Edited by DeadFingers, 30 October 2019 - 07:28 PM.

• PiñaColada and Exilyth like this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,326 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Lol @ yet another BA box pushing Baal Predator and Terminator Captain. Maybe if the rules support was better for those two...

On a more positive note that box is not a terrible way to get started on the Boys from Baal. Is that the first “new” box release with TruMarines instead of all NuMarines in it?

The Tyranid Box looks quite good. Two of those and you’re rockin’.
  • Mostwanted, Juggernut and Lord Nord like this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,406 posts
Well, I didn't know I wanted a Nid army....

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Priming handle for spraying in batches and pot holder (blessed by Papa) because they've seen all the spilled pot posts on reddit and wanna grab a bite of that market.

I feel like those paint pot holders are just Apoc unit holders...

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,091 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

No Orks? Pity. ANyway, damn, they split Shadowspear into SC! boxes faster than I expected. I still don't have a venomcrawler, so that's tempting. If I didn't already have the Nighthaunt stuff I wanted, though, Court of the Craven King would an instant purchase. That's how you do an army box.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

The space marine battleforces are really army specific this year - lots of units that are just no use for more codex compliant chapters (except as conversion fodder maybe).

The Tyranids box looks like the best one this year, not just due to model count, but also composition: Nice mass of bodies to swarm the table with and great selection of heavy hitters. Just adding some neurotropes and wing bits for making a flyrant would make this one a solid army to start tyranids with.

The shadowspear halves being available as start collecting boxes is interesting, although lack of a phobos captain hurts. I wonder whether this release uses the exact same sprues.

I've been contemplating the 'start collecting primaris marines' box, maybe I'll pick up this one instead.

All in all, not very exciting for me.

As for the paint pot holder: now people who use pots will be able to spill three at once. smile.png

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2500 Pts, GSC: ~1000 Pts

"Reduce, recycle, reuse - don't waste your sprues!"

Karack Blackstone

Karack Blackstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

I have a friend who plays Chaos.

Those two boxes together seem like a strong reinforcement Christmas gift.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,519 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

Just show me the Adeptus Titanicus Knight box that was on the leaked spreadsheets. That's all I'm interested in for December. Surprised it wasn't here.

• Noserenda and Son of Carnelian like this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,647 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Yeah, I’m dying to see the Knights box. If it’s 6 Queastoris, 2 Lancers, and 2 Acastus I’m buying 2. Sorry Zone Mortalis, maybe next year.
  • Prot, Noserenda and Soldier of Dorn like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,677 posts

The Tyranids box looks like the best one this year, not just due to model count, but also composition: Nice mass of bodies to swarm the table with and great selection of heavy hitters. Just adding some neurotropes and wing bits for making a flyrant would make this one a solid army to start tyranids with.

The Hive Tyrant kit comes with wings.

• Halandaar and Exilyth like this

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 359 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
I’m not impressed that the new start collecting box doesn’t come with the full kit for the Chaos Marines. I feel like a start collecting should include the full version of a faction’s basic troop, instead of including an objectively terrible load out.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,704 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
With regards to Start Collecting(!) Chaos Space Marines, my guess is they've done this in order to cut down on the number of savings versus buying the kits separately. For a genuine newcomer to CSM it is a good box, but those who've been playing a while won't just grab another SC(!) for savings in the same way people with other armies would. Something tells me this might be their strategy going forward and as more easIER-to-build boxset models come out, their SC(!)s will be replaced by those contents within half a year.

Or I'm just being too cynical.

What's also interesting to me is that we've still not seen a Start Collecting(!) box for Genestealer Cults despite their 'dex referencing the contents of one and being older than Shadowspear at this point.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 30 October 2019 - 08:47 PM.

• Son of Carnelian likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

The Hive Tyrant kit comes with wings.

It does now? That's even better then.
I still remember local Tyranid players moaning about attaching metal wings to hive tyrants.

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2500 Pts, GSC: ~1000 Pts

"Reduce, recycle, reuse - don't waste your sprues!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users