Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why aren't flying infantry part of Kill Team?

Kill Team

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 980 posts

I'm just wondering... why aren't there any flying infantry in Kill Team? It'd make so much sense if they were, Scourges, Warp Talons, Assault Marines, Seraphim, Swooping Hawks... they'd all be great, but not overpowered, I think, if they had the right cost. Thoughts?

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,327 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

No reason why not, could be the next elites style expansion. Its a matter of GW getting around to it. 

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,968 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

why aren't there any flying infantry in Kill Team?

There are - Tau have Stealth Suits.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 969 posts

Presumably because they're saving them for a future expansion.

I mean, think about Elites - it doesn't really make much sense, does it? I get that Terminators are a special kind of "Super-heavy Unit" that might need to be sequestered into an expansion, but there's no earthly reason why Striking Scorpions weren't in the original game... except that they were being saved.

There's almost certainly going to be a "Death from Above" expansion at some point that adds all the jumpers. Maybe we'll get some cool character models out of it. 

• MegaVolt87 likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,567 posts
I would absolutely love it if they included Scourges and (new model) Swooping Hawks in a future expansion.

In fact maybe new Hawks is what they’re waiting for? Release them, then the expansion.
  • MegaVolt87 likes this

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

propably mobility adn impact reasons. melee is huge in KT and for example, Assault marines would be pretty punchy and able to pick your heavy gunner out in seconds.

• Exilyth likes this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,690 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
The primaris marines with autocannons are there, aren't they jumpy marines?
  • Lord Raven 19 and Exilyth like this

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts

The primaris marines with autocannons are there, aren't they jumpy marines?

And Vanguard Veterans

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon.

Victorus aut Mortis

Mechanicus_Adept

Mechanicus_Adept

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
  • Faction: codex marines

I'm just wondering... why aren't there any flying infantry in Kill Team? It'd make so much sense if they were, Scourges, Warp Talons, Assault Marines, Seraphim, Swooping Hawks... they'd all be great, but not overpowered, I think, if they had the right cost. Thoughts?

GW could probably add assault type units at a later time whenever they want to make more money. :P

Overall, I like the idea that they used mostly normal grunts to execute small missions rather than using fast attack units. I am happy with current units in place. Some tweaking for rules on units would be good, but that would be in a different topic.

i would not like to have necron destroyers in KT.
New edition. New strategies. 8th edition.
gallery_51734_7670_46051.png gallery 48988 15465 48576

8th edition legion of damned detachment rules

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users