Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris start collecting Vanguard squad

- - - - - primaris imperial fists Vanguard

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Thalidar

Thalidar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Celestial Storm Fists

Hi guys

Do any of the ezy to build models from shadowspear or the new Start collecting Primaris Vanguard set (same models) work with Imperial fists? I'm concerned as theirs a severe lack of options with the ezy to builds in relation to weaponry, so trying to determine if I'm I better off going through normal boxes.

Cheers

Thalidar

Currently engaging Chaos forces on Praxian IV 

gallery_45765_12339_44045.png

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,502 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I'm concerned as theirs a severe lack of options with the ezy to builds in relation to weaponry, 

Well in this case, the Suppressors and Infiltrators only have one weapon option in the rules anyway, and no options to give Sergeants wargear. The Infiltrators even come with an option you can't get in the multipart kit, which is the Helix Adept. The only thing you miss out on is the Comms Array (and I guess the option to build Incursors instead, but if you want Incursors you wouldn't be considering this box for that anyway.)

The only place you're really going to notice the lack of options is on the Eliminators which come with Bolt Sniper Rifles, whereas the multipart kit allows you to take Las-Fusils instead. That may be a consideration, although it could be argued that the Bolt Sniper Rifles fill a particular niche (taking out support characters) that isn't really covered by much else, whereas the Las-Fusils provide anti-tank fire you might already have covered by other units.

• Thalidar likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.png

Andrés Pacheco

Andrés Pacheco

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 160 posts
Infiltrators are great as Fists, with the exploding 6s and gun line protection. Surpressors benefit from the super doctrine for AP-3 D3 autocannons. Bolt rifle eliminators also benefit from the Fists tactic, whilst providing a useful sniper benefit, as noted above.

I would say the SC is a great box for Fists.
  • jeremy1391 and Thalidar like this

Thalidar

Thalidar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Celestial Storm Fists

Thanks guys, Appreciate the advice. I'll look to pick it up then and better add some additional anti vehicle fire power as only otherwise have the Dark Imp' set and the Tactical Warsuit.

Cheers

Currently engaging Chaos forces on Praxian IV 

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

++ SECURIS VINCO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,751 posts
  • Faction: VIth Legion. SWs, Orks..

I'm concerned as theirs a severe lack of options with the ezy to builds in relation to weaponry, 

Well in this case, the Suppressors and Infiltrators only have one weapon option in the rules anyway, and no options to give Sergeants wargear. The Infiltrators even come with an option you can't get in the multipart kit, which is the Helix Adept. The only thing you miss out on is the Comms Array (and I guess the option to build Incursors instead, but if you want Incursors you wouldn't be considering this box for that anyway.)

The only place you're really going to notice the lack of options is on the Eliminators which come with Bolt Sniper Rifles, whereas the multipart kit allows you to take Las-Fusils instead. That may be a consideration, although it could be argued that the Bolt Sniper Rifles fill a particular niche (taking out support characters) that isn't really covered by much else, whereas the Las-Fusils provide anti-tank fire you might already have covered by other units.

Ah, there is no Helix Adept in the Infiltrators boxed set?? Damn..

"Harden your soul against decadence. But do not despise it, for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceptive. One need only consider the Harlequin dancers of the Eldar to see the truth of this proposition."

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

No, though the comms relay guy's forearm is close enough that if suitably painted, and if he was given a standard head and backpack (the parts are available in the kit) that I'd expect most opponents would be fine with it.

Fighting Company Friedrich: http://www.bolterand...pany-friedrich/

Heretic /ˈhɛrɪtɪk/, noun (plural noun heretics): Any person who speaks ill of the Emperor, the Imperium, cites his loyalty to any entity besides the Emperor, defaces holy artefacts or buildings, incites heretical thoughts or actions, talks openly about forbidden subjects, generally behaves in a manner disrespectful to all that is holy and good, or weighs the wrong amount relative to a duck.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,026 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists

No, though the comms relay guy's forearm is close enough that if suitably painted, and if he was given a standard head and backpack (the parts are available in the kit) that I'd expect most opponents would be fine with it.

If you take the chain blade from a tartoros chain fist (it’s it’s own bit) you can easily throw it on the fancy comm arms that are in the infiltrators kit and then throw an incursor light thing on his back pack. Boom helix adept
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 366 posts
Do you guys find the comms guy to be worthwhile? Thinking of building a couple, but not sure whether they will just sit on the shelf at 10 points each.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,026 posts

Do you guys find the comms guy to be worthwhile? Thinking of building a couple, but not sure whether they will just sit on the shelf at 10 points each.

If you plan on running a vanguard captain and LT then yes

Galron

Galron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,057 posts
  • Faction: main Iron Warriors

Are we sure they are going to be easy to build? I was thinking of getting it as well, if its easy to build though then that's a deal breaker.

Yes, I am here all the time because this is the last 40k forum I can access from work. You would think they wanted me to do work or something.... EDIT: Now work has banned it too ...

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,723 posts

Are we sure they are going to be easy to build? I was thinking of getting it as well, if its easy to build though then that's a deal breaker.

It's monopose - they still require glue unlike the actual easy to build kits.

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 366 posts
They have better poses than the new boxed kit IMO. I also prefer the Dark Imperium Intercessors to their boxed counterpart.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,723 posts

They have better poses than the new boxed kit IMO. I also prefer the Dark Imperium Intercessors to their boxed counterpart.

They're definitely poses you can't recreate in the kit, which I like.

Same with some from DI...but I'd prefer the ability to make some auto bolt rifles out of the DI set.

Edited by Lemondish, 08 November 2019 - 11:58 PM.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,920 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Mixing parts from the Incursor/Infiltrator box does get you a nice variety of poses.

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 657 posts
I agree that, if infiltrators are what you want, a great option is to get this box and the multiparty set. You can then mix and match parts to avoid duplicates. You could do the same with your eliminators.

Eliminators are great and suppressors look decent too. I’m not totally sue on infiltrators, as stalker rifles seem so good, but they’re probably the best screening unit in 40k.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.png

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,026 posts
I plan on picking this set up because everything in it helps us, it’s all either bolters or heavy weapons or both.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: primaris, imperial fists, Vanguard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users