Litany and WLT questions

superwill

Hey guys,

A couple of quick ones.

1) The SM Chaplain’s Catechism of Fire litany gives each model in that unit +1 to wound against the closest enemy model. Let’s say it’s a unit of 6 devastators firing, and they split their fire between two separate units (let’s say a Rhino is the closest model and a Razorback is the next closest). If I fire the first few centurions and kill the Rhino and remove it, do the remaining centurions I haven’t shot with yet now get +1 to wound the Razorback as it’s now the closest? Or is it all determined at the time I allocate the shooting and so it doesn’t matter what order I shoot in?

2) the “Hero of the Chapter” stratagem allows me to give a WLT to another character who isn’t my warlord. As this is done pre-game, does that mean I can do it multiple times and give, say, three extra characters a WLT so long as there are no duplicates?

Thanks in advance ☺️

In the FAQs there was another instance where a unit got a bonus against the nearest model and they ruled that you determine the closest model/unit before you start shooting, so the second unit does not trigger the ability. I can't remember which FAQ it was, though, unfortunately.

1, all attacks and declared and measured at the same time before you start rolling. The main FAQ says you can’t have two closest units and if equal distance away the player making the action decides which one.