They are looking great! I like the white panels, its always a pain doing them, but if you layer up in grey its done a bit quicker.

Thanks, glad you like them. They do start with several layers of Dawnstone, which definitely helps.

Thanks Kolgrim :)

An update on plans - the last tank in my tanks phase is en route - an eBay rescue quad las Predator, then from there I'll probably go back to characters and infantry, depending on what subsequent releases bring. I swung by my local GW, and grabbed some parts for my hobby New Year's Resolution - my bases are, right now, really boring, so I've grabbed some Middenland Tufts and Sector Imperialis Ruins to jazz things up a bit. Base additions will be the fun part. Painting the rims will probably be less fun, but I'm determined to do it. I'll probably reshoot everything and post some whole-army shots once that's done.

I’m looking forward to a whole army shot!

Painted so much so quickly. Really great job.

I need to get myself a whirlwind as well (although tossing up between that or a Thunderfire cannon)

Thank you :D There's a whole army shot in TITH - I laid them all out as part of the rebasing project.

I went for a Whirlwind on the grounds that with a Primaris head on the marine poking his head out the hatch, it makes sense in an otherwise 100% Primaris force, whereas the gunner would require more work to truescale (and I've always found the gun itself kinda ugly).

• 2 weeks later...

Rebasing is progressing well. 30 Intercessors now have grass tufts, painted edges and handmade miniature razor wire.

I've also finally managed to pick up my eBay rescue quad las Predator from the Post Office. Mold lines have been cleaned up, stowage boxes mounted, and purity seals/insignia/shrines/etc added for a nice Templar vibe.

Whole army looks awesome. Kudos! What's your recipe for the gold? It looks particularly nice!

Thanks. Basecoat Mournfang, a couple of thin layers Liberator, shade Agrax, fine edge highlight Stormhost.

Further to my update a couple of weeks back, the rebasing/detailing pass is nearly finished. As I type this the textured paint blending the ruins (that'll support my Inceptors) into their bases is drying. They are the last infantry I need to do - just the six vehicles to do after that then I'll take pretty photos. Various WIP shots can be found in my IG story.

There is also the matter of the Predator to do, but I think I'll photograph everything else first. If I wait for it before settling down to a proper photo session, I could be waiting a while - I tend to take ages on tanks.

Really like the unified look of everyone.

Have you considered getting a pinvice?

I'm trying to avoid buying one as I know I've got one somewhere floating around at my parents' house... I've just got no idea for the life of me where. I'll drill all the barrels at some point, but first I want to finish my Predator, do a truescale Grimaldus, and learn to paint eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

A small update - I've finished the Predator, and thrown together two more Castellans as I can't afford the parts for my planned Grimaldus conversion right now (:censored:  unemployment). Photos will follow once the Castellans are painted. I've also got my first game since 4th Edition tomorrow, which I'm very excited about.

Right. Battle report time. I played my local GW's manager (thank you Brett at Bury St Edmunds - you're awesome). We kept it pretty straightforward as this is my first game since 4th, so DoW deployment, annihilation of your opponent the only objective, single battalion, 1000pts each. I don't have F&F, so I know this is far from an ideal build, but I wanted to get to grips with the basics and see how things had changed.

I brought:

• Primaris Chaplain (warlord) with Benediction of Fury, Imperium's Sword and Mantra of Strength
  • Primaris Lieutenant with Stalker BR
  • 6 Intercessors
  • 6 Intercessors
  • 10 Veteran Intercessors with Auto BRs, Power Fist on the sergeant
  • Invictor with Incendium Cannon
  • Primaris Ancient
  • Predator with 4 Las Cannons
  • Whirlwhind

They had a Great Unclean One, Typhus, Malignant Plaguecaster, Lord of Contagion, Foetid Bloat Drone, 7 Plague Marines and lots of Poxwalkers. I set up a castle with my tanks and Lt, screened out the front with Intercessors, set up a blob of Veterans/Chaplain and Ancient, and deployed the Invictor right up in my opponent's face. I got first turn, they failed to seize. Shooting was lame. The Whirlwind did practically nothing, even firing twice for 2CP, and the Predator chipped a couple of wounds off the GUO. At this point, I thought ":censored: it" and charged the GUO with my Invictor. It missed almost everything, then got killed in the return attacks.

I was pretty worried, and then rolled a six on the explosion, and then kept rolling high for mortal wounds. 6 Plague Marines dead. Most of the poxwalkers gone. Typhus was left on a wound, and the MP and LoC on two each. I got a bit happier at this point.

I can't remember exactly what order things happened in during the middle of the game. Basically though, the GUO and his remaining characters ended up in combat with my Veteran Intercessors, and killed a lot of them, but not before the Ancient allowed them most of them to hit back before dying. Little bits of chip damage to the GUO here and there, the death of his remaining characters bar the LoC. I finally got a decent block of damage on the GUO when my Chaplain actually got his litany to work - strength eight four damage hitting on 2+? Yes please. My predator fried the FBD.

Late game I learned the value of screening the hard way when my two tanks got flanked and flattened in combat by the GUO and LoC... right after which I worked out how I could have blocked them with my last Intercessor squad and got an extra round of shooting in with at least the Predator. Oops.

Overall, a lot of fun, and I feel getting nearly tabled by a rampaging Great Unclean One and nearly-dead Lord of Contagion, after killing everything else of your opponent's on the table isn't too bad a showing for your first game in four editions.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Two new Castellans - one with a kinda of duellist vibe, and the other with a Master-crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle. These are my first two infantry models with double highlights on the black armour, the first eyes I've painted since my childhood, my first lens effects on helmets, and the first non-Caucasian skin tones I've ever done. Lots of firsts.

DsZD97m.jpg

E3FbUWp.jpg

The eBay rescue Predator I've been talking about for a while is done. First tank with double highlights.

YAsVgZz.jpg

Whilst I had my D750 out, I figured it'd be nice to get some shots of my WIP Grimaldus. More photos will be on my IG (linked in sig) tomorrow, and hopefully there'll be painted photos in March.

INMFVJ9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...