What'll probably be the last Templar I paint for a while, here's my latest Castellan.

uui3MaB.jpg

Don't worry though - I've got lots of lockdown painting planned - I'm starting on my first test model for some Argent Shroud SoBs to go with my BTs.

Excellent work on the Castellan. What's the thing on his backpack? A reliquary housing an Imperial saint's remains? A vox and/or auspex unit decorated to resemble the Ark of the Covenant? A heavily decorated gun or missile turret, so he may lay suppressive fire upon his foes as he charges forth to bring them within his blades' reach?

Excellent work on the Castellan. What's the thing on his backpack? A reliquary housing an Imperial saint's remains? A vox and/or auspex unit decorated to resemble the Ark of the Covenant? A heavily decorated gun or missile turret, so he may lay suppressive fire upon his foes as he charges forth to bring them within his blades' reach?

Reliquary, spare from the SoB troops kit

Folks - plan for the rest of this year is a few Argent Shroud Sororitas and then a lot of Skitarii (custom scheme - brass and teal). Would people rather I post them here with my Templars, or break them out into separate threads in each faction's subforum?

Currently leaning towards doing the SoB here as they match my BTs and there won't be all that many of them, and then putting the Skitarii in the AdMech subforum.

• 3 weeks later...

So, between the teasing of more SoB models in the reveals, and my girlfriend practically ordering me to paint an Exorcist, and absolutely loving what I've been working on recently, this year's priorities have changed a bit - I'm going to be doing a 1000pts of Sisters, and the AdMech and Knight are going on the back burner. Expect painted photos soonTM, but in the meantime, here's a little teaser of my Canoness and Palatine.

kCNA31b.jpg

• 1 month later...
So, my plans have changed a bit with 9th. I'm still going to work on my Sisters, building them out to 1000pts to sit alongside my Templars, but given that this looks to be the assault wave, I'm shelving the AdMech/Knight plan and will be returning to the Sons of Dorn once I've finished my SoBs.

So, my plans have changed a bit with 9th. I'm still going to work on my Sisters, building them out to 1000pts to sit alongside my Templars, but given that this looks to be the assault wave, I'm shelving the AdMech/Knight plan and will be returning to the Sons of Dorn once I've finished my SoBs.

with the newest Primaris release I think you will be back soon^^

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent works. Is the Primaris CAPT in golden gravis armor meant to be a High Marshal Helbrecht who crossed the Primaris Rubicon?

Just the most senior Marshal in that particular area.

Thank you Bjorn and Krastor for the praise :)

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

cant wait  to see how you paint the new models :wink:

Well, they'll be black and white, for a start :wink.:

With red, of course.

Shock news: I only own one red paint (aside from BftBG). I just don't like it very much as a colour.

Not even for Sword brethren? 

Ah, looking at your force again, your use of red is extremely minimal. (Pretty much blood and seals) I like how you've managed to do so much with a very clean black and white palette.

Also, did you take a mould from the Land Raider hatch for your Repulsor? It's very cleanly done.

Edited by Brother Adelard

Ah, looking at your force again, your use of red is extremely minimal. (Pretty much blood and seals) I like how you've managed to do so much with a very clean black and white palette.

Thank you :biggrin.:

Also, did you take a mould from the Land Raider hatch for your Repulsor? It's very cleanly done.

Not even that - it is just a LR hatch, with the hinges very carefully trimmed off and smoothed down.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

• 2 weeks later...

The shipment of the final wave of my Sororitas seems to be rather delayed, so in the meantime I've ordered some Custodes to tide me over until either they arrive, or the 9th Edition box drops.

Either way, I've strayed even further from my plan to collect AdMech this year :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...