Holy crossbows launching consecrated stakes into psyker's hearts? 

They'll still have camo cloaks and sniper rifles (as I want them to be relatively WYSIWYG), but I'm going to have old upgrade sprue helmets, plenty of purity seals and reliquaries, and hopefully a Condemnor Boltgun somewhere too.

They'll still have camo cloaks and sniper rifles (as I want them to be relatively WYSIWYG), but I'm going to have old upgrade sprue helmets, plenty of purity seals and reliquaries, and hopefully a Condemnor Boltgun somewhere too.

Fair enough! So these will represent Neophytes I guess? Providing sniper support to their brother-initiates engaging in glorious melee?

Just make sure they don't kill the enemy warlord, that honour belong to the Emperor's Champion alone!

Fair enough! So these will represent Neophytes I guess? Providing sniper support to their brother-initiates engaging in glorious melee?

Just make sure they don't kill the enemy warlord, that honour belong to the Emperor's Champion alone!

Initiates, albeit ones who get looked at funny by their more angry brethren.

Perhaps they must be very old then. Honoured veterans of so many campaigns that their inner fire has dwindled, with advancing years bringing a cynicism allowing them to put up the sword and adopt roles younger initiates would find distasteful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Crusade addition plans:

• Indomitus - I was lucky and managed to get one as preorders opened on GW in the UK. The bikers will be getting lances, and the Eradicators GK Terminator helms, but otherwise, I won't need to do much conversion work on them.
  • Old models - I picked up a Predator and a Venerable Dreadnought from my childhood when I visited my parents last weekend - they'll be getting stripped.
  • The aforementioned Eliminators.

Sticking with the (I think weird) Judicar helm or changing that?

Both the Judiciar and the Chaplain will be getting spare Reiver skull helms (given they got given MkIII ones), and then the Chaplain's cool partially bionic head will get shifted over to the Outriders or Assault Intercessors, replacing one of the boring bare heads there.

Both the Judiciar and the Chaplain will be getting spare Reiver skull helms (given they got given MkIII ones), and then the Chaplain's cool partially bionic head will get shifted over to the Outriders or Assault Intercessors, replacing one of the boring bare heads there.

The intercessors will have enough helmets for everyone.

The intercessors will have enough helmets for everyone.

Oh, I know, I've seen the sprues - it's just I want skull helms on all members of the Reclusiam, but the Chaplain's bare head is too cool to not use.

Excellent work on the Custodes.

How did you do the [insert correct technical term for the white cloth]?

Looking really tidy! Second on the white cloth recipe too!

Thanks everyone for your comments :D

The white cloth is actually surprisingl simple, given how well it's turned out. It's a Corax White base, shaded down (all over) with Apothecary White, then sequential thin coats of Corax White and White Scar (multiple of each, thinned almost to the point of being a glaze) working towards the areas it'd catch the light.

• 2 weeks later...

Harrumph. Looks like Indomitus isn't coming until Monday at the earliest (slightly galling given I've paid for fast shipping and it's already arriving for people with standard), so I'm going to be working on my Sisters of Battle again this weekend, and maybe an old metal Vindicare I've got in the isopropanol right now.

Thanks everybody for your comments on the Eliminators :D

• 2 weeks later...