Talent for Annihiliation and mephrit.

Beatnik cryptek

When using the "Talent for Annihilation" strat as the Mephrit Dynasty, when you hit on a 6 with Tesla, and make your additional roll, if you roll 6 again that's 3 more hits instead of one?

It says you can't generate further hit rolls, but it doesn't say it can't generate multiple hits.

Can you help to clarify? Thanks.

The above question appears on a fb necron thread.

My favorite reply was this one.

that’s not right, when you roll a six with Tesla and talent you trigger two things .

One is the normal Tesla adding two wounds.

Second is to make a new to hit roll . ( that new roll is made like the first ) so if it is a 6 you also make two additional to wound rolls .

I say go with this one. Why? Necrons have been basically screwed over in their codex and ignored since then. The emperor's l'il darlings hace have 3 codexes in 8e and each one makes them more powerful. Their evil brothers have 2 codexes in 8e. Necrons have gotten nothing since their codex came out, we've been treated like b*st*rds at a family reunion in 8e.

Personally I say go with this interpretation and if someone can't stand it, waah waah.

Right now even if gw said it wasn't right i'd say icm going to use it until their give us something to replace it. We get one break for some units from one dynasty. If people can't handle that, tough.

Honestly i'd ignore a ruling from gw itself taking this away until after they give us some new stuff. Until then I say we hang onto the one good break we get with some units from one dynasty.

Edited by Beatnik cryptek

That is the correct answer. The stratagem happens in addition to weapon or other abilities currently in effect. The second shot is still a tesla shot.

If you also had MWBD in play it would give the second shot generated +1 to hit still, though TFA would only trigger on an initial hit roll of 6 regardless of modifiers.

Edited by NTaW