Kaldoth's Nephrekh plog

Kaldoth

Hey all!

So, I've finally made it overseas for an all expenses paid, 9 month long vacation courtesy of Uncle Sam. I decided before I left that I'd finally get my Necron army built and painted once I got over here. Up until now I've had to use a friend's army and proxy units to get my games in, but no longer! So, without further ado, I present to you the list:

Necrons 2000 pts

Outrider Detachment - Sautekh

HQ:

Cryptek - 85

Canoptek Cloak

Staff of Light

Fast Attack:

1 Canoptek Tomb Sentinel - 150

Gloom Prism

Gloom Prism

Gloom Prism

Battalion Detachment - Nephrekh

Overlord - 104

Voidscythe

Overlord - 104

Voidscythe

Elites:

1 Triarch Stalker - 115

Particle Shredder

1 Triarch Stalker - 115

Particle Shredder

Troops:

10 Immortals - 150

Tesla Carbines

10 Immortals - 150

Tesla Carbines

10 Immortals - 150

Tesla Carbines

Outrider Detachment - Nephrek

HQ: Cryptek - 95 (Warlord - Thrall of the Silent King)

Chronometron

The Solar Staff

Fast Attack:

9 Tomb Blades - 297

Gauss Blasters

Shieldvanes

Nebuloscopes

7 Canoptek Scarabs - 91

7 Canoptek Scarabs - 91

Total: 1997

I'm really looking forward to getting cracking on all these units. I feel like I've got a decent spread of stuff to dig into, and all three tomb sentinels will be converted so I've got plenty of work to do!

So, I managed to get started on the first unit today: Overlord Yn'tascha, the Golden Widow. The background for my army is the Farsight Enclaves attempted to settle a world home to a long abandoned Imperial mining colony. As they ventured into the tunnels below, they found a mostly dormant tomb. Upon entering, the tomb awoke as well as the Dolmen gate housed within, and out came the forces of the Golden Widow. So without further ado, the lady herself built and primed:

20191102-124850.jpg20191102-124815.jpg

20191102-124551.jpg20191102-124528.jpg

Unfortunately I'm waiting on all of my gold paint to come in a care package :rolleyes: But, I did manage to get her base finished! Complete with lots of dirty blue space commie skulls ^_^ I'm particularly proud of how the lava effect turned out considering it was my first attempt :D I'll be starting in her silver bits later on this afternoon. After that it's a waiting game for the gold paint to come in the mail as well as some gloss varnish for the crystals.

Cheers!

-Kal

Edited by Kaldoth

I really like your concept here - spidercrons sounds like a nightmare to face, fluffwise!

I hope your paint gets to you soon so we can see how she looks painted. Your conversion definitively looks good.

It's actually not a conversion! It's a miniature from Wargames Exclusive. They sell female necron models and upgrade kits for necron warriors. Personally I think the rest of them look silly, but this sculpt looked amazing to me. It was definitely one of those "babe, you know how much I love you right" "You bought another model, didn't you" moments :lol: They do have some really cool sculpts besides their female necrons if you want to check then out:

https://wargameexclusive.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, over a month later and I've finally been able to pick my brushes back up. Unfortunately a day before my gold paint showed up, someone decided to drop off a bunch of crap on my desk and managed to crush her flat in the process. All of legs were broken irreparably, so I had to order a whole new one and wait for it to come in from the Ukraine. But, she came in today and I wasted no time getting her built, primed, and putting some paint on!

20191203-162333.jpg

I based and shaded the legs separately this time and then glued them to the base for ease of positioning. Still nowhere near done, but at least she's started ^_^

One more update for the night. Got the gold almost finished. Pictures are definitely washed out with light but I can't exactly take decent photos with this bare bones setup I'm running >_<

20191203-213248.jpg

Tomorrow I'll finish up the silver and red parts, then probably get started on her head and staff.

Cheers!

-Kal

Edited by Kaldoth

So, not as much progress today as I would have liked, but progress nonetheless! Her body and legs are complete ^_^ Just didn't have time to start on the head or arms, but I should tomorrow.

20191204-154723.jpg20191204-154711.jpg

I'm wondering if I should fill in the design going down each of the legs with red as well, or if it would be too much. Thoughts?

Edited by Kaldoth

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, after entirely too long spent away from the hobby desk I managed to finish her out :D As always, sorry for the image quality:

received-452005379084587.jpg

received-606025816631673.jpg

received-793269441137378.jpg

received-750778235423604.jpg

Overall she was a challenge to paint, though mostly because the legs are so fragile and she doesn't have a lot of surface area on her feet to glue to the base. I don't know how many times she popped off of it while I was painting. Definitely more than enough. Overall a fun sculpt though ^_^ Next up, Triarch Stalker!

Edited by Kaldoth

So I finally got the Triarch Stalker built up. Super fun kit to put together. It's a bit windy right now so I've gotta wait til later to put some primer on it. I'm hoping to get the initial base coat and shading on the gold done today. Should have some pictures up later tonight.

In the meantime, I went back through my list and adjusted the points on everything as I hadn't had the chance to do so since CA 2019 dropped. I wound up with a pretty inconvenient amount of points left over; not quite enough for a full unit of anything that would be really useful, but too many to be able to just take a few upgrades and fill the points back up. So, after a couple hours of tweaking this is what I came up with:

Outrider Detachment - Sautekh

HQ:

Destroyer Lord - 115 (Warlord- Hyperlogical Strategist)

Staff of Light

Phylactery

Fast Attack:

1 Canoptek Tomb Sentinel - 135

Gloom Prism

Gloom Prism

Gloom Prism

Heavy Support:

3 Heavy Destroyers - 111

Heavy Gauss Cannons

Battalion Detachment - Nephrekh

Overlord - 79

Warscythe

Overlord - 92

Voidblade

Resurrection Orb

Elites:

1 Triarch Stalker - 115

Heat Ray

1 Triarch Stalker - 115

Heat Ray

Troops:

10 Immortals - 150

Tesla Carbines

10 Immortals - 150

Tesla Carbines

10 Immortals - 150

Tesla Carbines

Outrider Detachment - Nephrek

HQ: Cryptek -95 (Warlord - Thrall of the Silent King)

Chronometron

Staff of Light

Fast Attack:

6 Canoptek Wraiths - 240

7 Canoptek Scarabs - 91

7 Canoptek Scarabs - 91

Total: 1999

I figured what I was lacking in was turn one anti tank, and with heavy destroyers being fairly cheap now they seemed to fit the bill. Dropped a Cryptek for a Destroyer lord to babysit the Heavy Destroyers. I don't feel like burning a CP on Extermination Protocols would be a wise investment for three shots per turn so at least this way they're rerolling ones. I dropped the Tomb Blades in favor of Wraiths to shave a few points. I'm not sure how much I actually like that decision. I'm also unsure as to whether I'd like to keep the two squads of scarabs or drop them in favor of The Deceiver. On one hand the scarabs are handy for tying stuff up and screeninng, but on the other The Deceiver offers a lot of offensive power. Thoughts?

Edited by Kaldoth