New Sorcerer for Psychic Awakening!

The Pounder

I am a fan. The only thing that throws me off a bit is the dragon heads on the backpack... They feel juuuuuuuuust slightly out of place with the rest of the look - the dragon vents still look blocky and square like the original sculpt, but the rest of the model is still filled with the new aesthetic of organic curves and edges. But, again, that's just a slight gripe on my part. Everything else is just wonderful.

Of course... knowing how GW works now, I suddenly have this growing fear that the Sorcerer datasheet will lose the jump pack option since "it won't have the option in the kit." I'm sure it's an unwarranted fear,  but... I mean... Well, here's hoping my paranoia is unfounded. 

Regardless, it's cool. The book will be nice to have and nothing game-changing, I'm sure. But having a plastic Sorcerer is nice nonetheless. Now, where are they hiding those Chosen... 

Now, where are they hiding those Chosen... 

I mean, I just want them to release the Dark Vengeance sculpts as their own kit or something. I'd be satisfied if I could find them more easily. Dark Vengeance models definitely fall under "Modern Chaos" as far as sculpt design and size, as far as I can tell.

Of course... knowing how GW works now, I suddenly have this growing fear that the Sorcerer datasheet will lose the jump pack option since "it won't have the option in the kit." I'm sure it's an unwarranted fear, but... I mean... Well, here's hoping my paranoia is unfounded.

I thought that outcome was a given, considering that option is an index option is it not, same as Lord on bike, that eventually they will not be legal models.

Of course... knowing how GW works now, I suddenly have this growing fear that the Sorcerer datasheet will lose the jump pack option since "it won't have the option in the kit." I'm sure it's an unwarranted fear, but... I mean... Well, here's hoping my paranoia is unfounded.

I thought that outcome was a given, considering that option is an index option is it not, same as Lord on bike, that eventually they will not be legal models.

Pretty sure that jump Pack sorcerers are in the codex, same as lords.

Pretty sure that jump Pack sorcerers are in the codex, same as lords.

Ah my mistake, yes Jump Pack is in the Codex, not the Lord on bike though

I don't like it, but I can't put my finger on it. It feels cartoony to me compared to other recent characters. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it bothers me.

Yeah, I don't like it and I'm not sure why not.

Looking at the HH Traitor Librarian. Tormented facial expression, dynamic pose.

The new Sorcerer looks like he's just marching forward with a fancy stick. The post doesn't do anything for me. I'd probably swap the head for anything else.

So I posted once and deleted, because I thought it was too negative. But here's me just being honest.

I really, really, really don't need or want any other characters in my Chaos. I have way  more than I need. When I make a list the biggest battle is sitting down and pinching the HQ section, where as army wise I'm having less and less content that is working these days. 

I don't want another aura, I don't want another detachment.

However would I would pay dearly for is: Fixed dataslates. (why won't GW rewrite dataslates? Are model sales the only thing that can drive 'change' ?) Dataslates and new units (units with more than 3 models).

That said, I love the model. It is however one of the least used units in my collection. Will it have another aura that fixes broken units? Perhaps, but again I've got enough of that. New Psychic choices will, and can be fun though. 

If Eldar showed us anything it's the replacement of Smite that interested me the most. That's a cool mechanism. 

Honestly, that statement from GW is :censored:, especially when it comes to CSM. So much of what we do requires conversions. It feels like a half-assed excuse every time I hear it. We don't have models for Lords with many of the weapon options, Chosen (which are supposed to be visibly different from troops in Codex fluff), Daemon Princes with Bolters, the only power armor size Chainaxes we have are from the old Berzerkers kit or the ONE model from Shadowspear, pretty sure we dont even have combi-weapons except in terminator kits. Biker kits don't come with most of the options (maybe even any) either.

Most of what I field is kit-bashed out of necessity. If GW expects me to buy that line, they need to give me the wargear options from the Codex in-kit. If they can't, the need to go through and pull EVERY option that's not in-kit from the books for every unit in every army.

Edited by WarriorFish
Do not dodge the swear filter

Honestly, that statement from GW is :censored:, especially when it comes to CSM. So much of what we do requires conversions. It feels like a half-assed excuse every time I hear it. We don't have models for Lords with many of the weapon options, Chosen (which are supposed to be visibly different from troops in Codex fluff), Daemon Princes with Bolters, the only power armor size Chainaxes we have are from the old Berzerkers kit or the ONE model from Shadowspear, pretty sure we dont even have combi-weapons except in terminator kits. Biker kits don't come with most of the options (maybe even any) either.

Most of what I field is kit-bashed out of necessity. If GW expects me to buy that line, they need to give me the wargear options from the Codex in-kit. If they can't, the need to go through and pull EVERY option that's not in-kit from the books for every unit in every army.

I feel like us a a chaos players get the hard end of the stick here also, many loyalist kits come with combi-weapons for the sergeant or similar to give them the options from the codex, but i feel as chaos all we ever get is bolter, bolt pistol, chainsword.....

Edited by WarriorFish
Quote corrected

Don't forget the plasma pistols.

Yeah.... :laugh.:

I get the feeling GW is sitting on a Chosen kit that comes with all the options we're waiting on, but hasn't released it yet because.... Reasons. Like I can see it, they come out with a Chosen kit with AT LEAST one of every single special option (melee, special weapons, combi-weapons, and heavy) that Chaos Marine kits can use and are missing.

Edited by Gederas

I get the feeling GW is sitting on a Chosen kit that comes with all the options we're waiting on, but hasn't released it yet because.... Reasons. Like I can see it, they come out with a Chosen kit with AT LEAST one of every single special option (melee, special weapons, combi-weapons, and heavy) that Chaos Marine kits can use and are missing.

LORD, if they were to come out with a Chosen kit, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

The real problem is, of course, that Chosen are still mostly stuck in the 24 inch, 3+ save, W1 model range that everyone else is. x5 guys rolling up in a rhino with x4 rapid fire plasma guns overcharged however, is something that I think, despite not being always points effective, is hilarious. 

"I fear not the Daemon Engines, heretics, or heavy weapons the other side has, brother. I fear those five shady looking guys getting onboard that Rhino. By the throne, that is a lot of plasma." :P

I actually like the chosen, but would like them to count as a scoring unit as well. Conceptually they have overlap with the 30K veteran tactical squad and the tactical support squads with assault weapons. They even can represent some legion uniques like SoH Reavers by giving them chain axes and plasma pistols, powerfist champ. Also a big fix in general would be to bake in Veterans of the long war as a faction rule, not a stratagem. I honestly believe I could re-write the CSM dex without making a busted Ward 5th ed dex or original release IH 8th ed supplement. 

I actually like the chosen, but would like them to count as a scoring unit as well. Conceptually they have overlap with the 30K veteran tactical squad and the tactical support squads with assault weapons. They even can represent some legion uniques like SoH Reavers by giving them chain axes and plasma pistols, powerfist champ. Also a big fix in general would be to bake in Veterans of the long war as a faction rule, not a stratagem. I honestly believe I could re-write the CSM dex without making a busted Ward 5th ed dex or original release IH 8th ed supplement. 

Dude, do it. I'll see if I can get my friends to help playtest your rules if you do.

Dude, do it. I'll see if I can get my friends to help playtest your rules if you do.

I have been considering it for a while, I am waiting to see how PA2 shakes out + CA19 point drops. It would be slow though and I don't have all the 30k rules either. Maybe. 

The real problem is, of course, that Chosen are still mostly stuck in the 24 inch, 3+ save, W1 model range that everyone else is. x5 guys rolling up in a rhino with x4 rapid fire plasma guns overcharged however, is something that I think, despite not being always points effective, is hilarious. 

"I fear not the Daemon Engines, heretics, or heavy weapons the other side has, brother. I fear those five shady looking guys getting onboard that Rhino. By the throne, that is a lot of plasma." :tongue.:

To be fair I have gotten *SOLID* Mileage out of the very simple (And relatively cheap comparatively) 5 man unit of Chosen with all Combi-Bolters and Chainswords. Despite the limitations! 

Cheap enough to not worry, deadly enough where the opponent has to deal with them or you are looking at shredded infantry even at range. Against most lists. for 80ts? Not to shabby. 

"I fear not the Daemon Engines, heretics, or heavy weapons the other side has, brother. I fear those five shady looking guys getting onboard that Rhino. By the throne, that is a lot of plasma." :tongue.:

To be fair I have gotten *SOLID* Mileage out of the very simple (And relatively cheap comparatively) 5 man unit of Chosen with all Combi-Bolters and Chainswords. Despite the limitations!

Cheap enough to not worry, deadly enough where the opponent has to deal with them or you are looking at shredded infantry even at range. Against most lists. for 80ts? Not to shabby.

So, why 5 man units, y’all? Am I missing something or is something else going in the rhino with them?

So, why 5 man units, y’all? Am I missing something or is something else going in the rhino with them?

minimum squad size. A lot of guys would sooner run x2 squads of Chosen with plasma, but putting them all in the same Rhino may be madness. So you'll see them rush x5 guys in a rhino, maybe they'll another thing with them, maybe not. But its a suicide unit a lot of of the time, so putting x10 men in it doesn't really make a ton of sense.