New Sorcerer for Psychic Awakening!

The Pounder

My friends helped me write a Night Lords supplement that I use playing against them, in addition to a couple core rules changes and then one or two buffs to some shared loyalist/chaos units. It makes playing Mono faction Chaos Space Marines viable for the legions that aren’t big on the whole daemon side of things.

It really wasn’t hard to make them viable either, just some tweaks here and there.

Also some points adjustments for things that are just stupid and unfair-

For example,

Loyalist lightning claws cost 6/10 pts for single/pair

Chaos marine lightning claws are 8/12.

Why???

Edited by Kain Mor

I mean those point disparities have existed for two years, so I really doubt that.

Except it now times better with the new SM book and PA 2 so its more likely to happen than before. I'm taking some holiday time from the CSM salt mines until we see CA19 + PA 2. I am sure we can catch up on and exceed the quota's then if it doesn't pan out. :teehee:

The move away from modular/customisable plastics is baffling to me. I think the current loyalist tac squad and the Heresy plastics was the pinnacle of GWs art. Since then it's been downhill into a monopose snorfest from a modelling POV. I assume it's because that limits the market for aftermarket bits.

A shame, I like the mini and will still buy one but they probably would have had me buying three or four if it was less monopose

The move away from modular/customisable plastics is baffling to me. I think the current loyalist tac squad and the Heresy plastics was the pinnacle of GWs art. Since then it's been downhill into a monopose snorfest from a modelling POV. I assume it's because that limits the market for aftermarket bits.

A shame, I like the mini and will still buy one but they probably would have had me buying three or four if it was less monopose

Yea, I was going to buy four of them, as long as they came with two head options.

Yea, I was going to buy four of them, as long as they came with two head options.

Raptors?

Raptors?

Errrr.

Raptors?

Raptors?

Errrr.

Raptors?

Chaos Raptors. The new kit's great, decent options, plenty of variation.

Raptors?

Errrr.

Raptors?

It's too bad their out of scale. All I've used them for recently is some weapons and heads, lol

But, that's off subject.

Raptors?

Errrr.

Raptors?

It's too bad their out of scale. All I've used them for recently is some weapons and heads, lol

But, that's off subject.

Um...? I own them, they're about the same size as New Chaos models in general. They're about half a head shorter than Plague Marines, and half a head taller than DV Chosen.

Raptors?

Errrr.

Raptors?

But, that's off subject.

Um...? I own them, they're about the same size as New Chaos models in general. They're about half a head shorter than Plague Marines, and half a head taller than DV Chosen.

Only because they're leaping into the air. They're the same scale approximately as the original CSM, and the DV Chosen. I've had 30 of them, I know quite well. Ignoring the leaping, they're just out of scale and it looks funny imo.

But, getting back on subject, I really, really hope the new Sorcerer has a second option, but I now sincerely doubt it. What a downer :(

Only because they're leaping into the air. They're the same scale approximately as the original CSM, and the DV Chosen. I've had 30 of them, I know quite well. Ignoring the leaping, they're just out of scale and it looks funny imo.

I literally just looked, ignoring them leaping, they're about half a head shorter than your average New Chaos model. Like, lining up the bottom of the greaves of a modern Plague Marine and one of my Warp Talons - made from the new kit - yeah, the Warp Talon's a little shorter, but not Oldmarines short. It could be the pose, or variance in the Marines' height, or whatever. I used the straightest-standing Warp Talon I have alongside a straight-posed Plague Marine from when 8th first dropped.

I literally just looked, ignoring them leaping, they're about half a head shorter than your average New Chaos model. Like, lining up the bottom of the greaves of a modern Plague Marine and one of my Warp Talons - made from the new kit - yeah, the Warp Talon's a little shorter, but not Oldmarines short. It could be the pose, or variance in the Marines' height, or whatever. I used the straightest-standing Warp Talon I have alongside a straight-posed Plague Marine from when 8th first dropped.

Well, I guess we disagree? Because their torsos, arms, and heads all line up to be in scale with old marines. Stretching their legs out due to a jumping pose, doesn't make them "in scale" with the current minis. They don't look like the current range to me. They're oddly proportioned, and that's unfortunate. I literally built old squads of marines using their bits, now I'm more hesitant to use much beyond heads (which are still a bit too fat, I might add, but it's not as noticeable) and weapons. I wouldn't use the arms even, personally.

But that's just me.

No confirmation. I suspect there are 0 options, like the Dark Apostle/Chaos Lord/Master of Executions/Lord Discordant/Master of Possession. Doesn't surprise me at all although the lack of a helmet is disappointing if so

Edited by Marshal Loss