Custodes and area denial

Area denial is a universal tactic. I dont think we should be the special ones to just simply ignore that rule - instead I think we should get something that makes us more viable like Orks' Ere We Go or a strat of some sort that improves our chances of making a charge.

I think it's made the Custodes suit a more defensive play style. I tend to 'castle' and try to avoid my opponents heavy hitters for the first couple of turns. I've been playing against a lot of aggressive armies that tend to move forwards quite quickly, so my deepstrikes tend to happen close to my own half of the board. It's not ideal, but the Vexilla stratagem offers a good counter-attacking option.

I know forgeworld is expensive, but I find the Pallas to be an excellent unit for harassing enemy models and forcing them into positions they don't want to be in. Unfortunately I think our best units for removing area denial units or forcing them to move are all forgeworld.

Is there an army you are struggling with? I haven't been having a great time against the new Marines lately, but they are not invincible.