Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BCC's Big bad Alai-Toc WIP thread of mediocre hobbying

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,309 posts
  • Faction: Age of Darkness Ultramarines

Ok.....this is big for me...here we go....I'm officially collecting Craftworlds Eldar....happy.png

....cast your minds back to 1993...I was a wee chap of 10. I saw Eldar for the first time and swore one day I would be 'that guy' at some point. teehee.gif

....wind forward and here we are in late 2019. Following our bi-annual Mod Meet at WHW I have dived straight in. initially I wanted to go with Biel Tan...but a number of other factors have led to me going with Alai-Toc. Firstly...they were always my favourite colour scheme. Secondly I wanted to try out the 'blur camo' effect also.

So initial purchases have been made...I rarely treat myself at WHW so I went a bit crazy. blush.png

7361808D 97AA 43D7 85FA EA0E99C011DD

I have made a start on the Guardians squads straight away, first up the weapons platform. Ignore the wraithbone weapon thats in progress. But the blue camo is finished.

347BE7C5 A3D2 4975 AA10 560C4E69CF65

Lots more coming, first game will be on 14th against maybe WarriorFish yes.gif

BCC

• Arkaniss, WarriorFish, Chaplain Dosjetka and 3 others like this
Bolter & Chainsword forum rules:
http://www.bolterand...18-forum-rules/
Bolter & Chainsword posting 101 guide:
http://www.bolterand...chainsword-101/

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,062 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

How does Abaddon feel about this? :P The mottled scheme turned out well on the platform, I reckon you could replicate it on infantry also - you wouldn't have that many Guardians and it'd really make the army pop :)

• battle captain corpus likes this

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_2534.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormtroopers | CSM Cultists | =][= Hospitaller | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,309 posts

How does Abaddon feel about this? tongue.png The mottled scheme turned out well on the platform, I reckon you could replicate it on infantry also - you wouldn't have that many Guardians and it'd really make the army pop smile.png

I'll give it a go. It will certainly work well on larger infantry such as the Wraith guard too. Basic Guardians maybe heading for spray and drybrush then wash to get them done for sure.

I've been looking through some of the older artwork and Alai-Toc infantry had pure blue and yellow as main colours. So maybe thats worth exploring too and save camo for big stuff. 

BCC

How does Abaddon feel about this? tongue.png The mottled scheme turned out well on the platform, I reckon you could replicate it on infantry also - you wouldn't have that many Guardians and it'd really make the army pop smile.png

Abaddon may have to get over it I think...I've been wielding him in anger (before it was cool) for many years and he's earned a rest....mostly from dying from bolter and las fire (smokebomb!).

I'll give it a go. It will certainly work well on larger infantry such as the Wraith guard too. Basic Guardians maybe heading for spray and drybrush then wash to get them done for sure.

I've been looking through some of the older artwork and Alai-Toc infantry had pure blue and yellow as main colours. So maybe thats worth exploring too and save camo for big stuff. 

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus, 03 November 2019 - 08:25 PM.

• WarriorFish and Kierdale like this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,309 posts

So here's the original artwork I was chatting about from 2nd Edition. The black "soft" armour is something I'm going to try out on a test mini for sure as i love the contrast of black, blue and yellow. I'll be sticking with wraithbone weapons though for sure.

B530E13D 49E2 4F5D A60B E7750935E850

BCC

• WarriorFish, Bryan Blaire, Kierdale and 1 other like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,497 posts

Love the old Alaitoc colour scheme. My personal take on it is Kantor Blue highlighted with Lothern Blue and White Scar. The weapons are generally Yriel Yellow with tips of laser weapons picked out in Wild Rider Red.

gallery_82363_14341_610692.jpg

gallery_82363_14341_803079.jpg

gallery_82363_14341_708705.jpg

Edited by Karhedron, 06 November 2019 - 09:44 AM.

• Montford, battle captain corpus, Arkaniss and 2 others like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,437 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Sacred Rose

That's a good looking scheme! I like the depth you gave the blue I think it'll really look great on all the Guardians, not to mention some vehicles once you get around to them. I can remember that artwork too, the classic era for art for 40K if you ask me :tu:

Karhedron those are some epic old school Dark Reapers :D I need to get more of them as I prefer them over the newer ones.

• battle captain corpus and Karhedron like this

Imren

Imren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 530 posts
  • Faction: Legio XX

Love the goblin green bases! Reminds me of the 90's when I made my first army  of blood angels.

• battle captain corpus, Arkaniss and Karhedron like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,497 posts

Love the goblin green bases! Reminds me of the 90's when I made my first army  of blood angels.

My Primaris Blood Angels are rocking goblin green bases. I think I am still using the same pot of flock as well. I bought a fairly big bag of the stuff from a railway modelling shop. It is surprising just how long it lasts when you are only spreading it on 25mm bases. msn-wink.gif
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Imren

Imren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 530 posts
  • Faction: Legio XX

Hehe, yes, back in the days of gobling green and 25 mm bases, basing was not even an issue, goblin green and flock goes without saying, not much to decorate since the space marine feet took up much of the space.

Nowadays it is a project of itself to do the bases, what theme (mars landscape, swamp, urban etc), and how to decorate the 32 mm base with water effects, mud, cracking earth etc.

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,309 posts

That's a good looking scheme! I like the depth you gave the blue I think it'll really look great on all the Guardians, not to mention some vehicles once you get around to them. I can remember that artwork too, the classic era for art for 40K if you ask me thumbsup.gif

Karhedron those are some epic old school Dark Reapers biggrin.png I need to get more of them as I prefer them over the newer ones.

Cheers! Yeah hopefully they will be some Guardians coming this week with paint on!

@Karhedron; lovely work bud! Very inspiring!

BCC

• Arkaniss and Karhedron like this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts

Looks great!

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,309 posts

Looks great!

Thank you Kolgrim DeathHowl :)

BCC

• Kolgrim DeathHowl likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,525 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

C'mon ... we need to see more models here and less words!! tongue.png

Mithril

p.s. that was a big outlay spend there from the first pic ohmy.png ...you better make em look pretty!! 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users