+++ =][= LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE - PHASE 2 =][= +++

Brother Cambrius

So, i'm going through unexpected divorce with moving stuff and so on, so it seems I won't be able to complete my pledge in time, unfortunately

Very sorry to read that Smirnov. I hope everything passes as smooth as possible for you in this trying time. :(

Cambrius

+++ =][= 6 days left to go! =][= +++

Yes indeed, Brothers and Sisters! Less than a week to go for the LASC before the doors shut forever in this inaugural event! Still a lot of peeps who need to get their models done, I wish you all the strength of the Emperor (or whatever fell Chaos God(s) your army follows ;) ) to ensure your vows are done in time!

In spirit of completion, I am very happy to report that my vow is now completed. :D

Cambrius

+++ =][= 6 days left to go! =][= +++

Yes indeed, Brothers and Sisters! Less than a week to go for the LASC before the doors shut forever in this inaugural event! Still a lot of peeps who need to get their models done, I wish you all the strength of the Emperor (or whatever fell Chaos God(s) your army follows ;) ) to ensure your vows are done in time!

In spirit of completion, I am very happy to report that my vow is now completed. :D

Cambrius

I shall pray to the Emperor my paints arrive in time...I will not fail my brothers! I march for LASC, and I shall know! No! LATE DUE DATE!

Brothers...I will not make it...my paint's transports are to arrive on January 4th to January 8th. Go, brothers! GO WITHOUT ME!

(I feel crappy for the guy I was assigned to make his stuff; will still make a miniature for his dudes regardless of schedule. Probably will use a Reiver or maybe an Intercessor, don't know yet.)

Down to the last few days and I'm putting the final touches on my (or rather Brother Argent's) White Talon. I've had to do this project piecemeal (an hour here, a few minutes there) due to resource and time constraints, but it's almost done.

I'm still having issues downloading pics to the B&C, but I've got all tomorrow to solve that bugaboo.

Congarts to all who have finished and posted:thumbsup: If you haven't finished, hang in and keep on keepin' on:woot: :woot:

Had to buy a new model for my chaos space marine submission. It won't be arriving until at least Jan 6th. I apologize. But I will be finishing this the weekend of 11th-12th of Jan 2020. I'll be sure to update this as soon as I get the model, get it built and have it ready on that weekend.

Tangentially I knew the deadline existed. I sort of forgot about the calendar, and the fact that the year ends soon.

Fear not, though, for nearly all is complete. I do have to take pictures at some point though.

Legion of the Iron Lions:

Brother! I love it! Looks amazing!

I really appreciate the kind words. I am a very hard critic for myself. I know I can do better. But I'm having difficulties getting the paint to stay at the right consistency in this dry climate. Hoping to buy a wet palette after I move and I hope that will help me thin the paints correctly so they apply to the model smoothly. 

Great job on your submission as well btw! :D 

Some great work, everyone! Don't forget to share your completed work in the Hall of Honour thread for peeps to see beyond these hallowed halls! :)

To those who will not complete their miniatures, fret not! Though you will have to carry the Signature of shame until the vow is complete, if you complete the miniature(s) before January's end, you can carry a yet to be released signature of redeemed bonds in arms.

JUST UNDER 30 HOURS LEFT TO GO!

Not long left to go now! Time ends for this event at 23:59GMT on the 1st of January.

Keep at it, Brothers and Sisters! I'll see you on the other side as the decade turns. :D

Cambrius

I had my doubts, but I'm done:sweat: I owe a very special thank you to my bro Tigger, the fantastic manager at Gamers Haven here in Colorado Springs for allowing me space to work on this crazy project and store my implements of destruction in his already overcrowded office. He even took the pictures for me. If this mini looks even remotely acceptable it's all due to Tigger's magic picture taking, which makes all things look good:yes: So, without further ado, I present.....

Raptor Dave of the White Talons

gallery_49400_16060_458308.jpeg

med_gallery_49400_16060_237268.jpegmed_gallery_49400_16060_178322.jpeg

med_gallery_49400_16060_331705.jpeg

med_gallery_49400_16060_19695.jpeg

The base is unfinished. I decided not to push my luck and post as is. I hope you like it:unsure.:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

I...declare...victory!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/273209-lasc-star-leopards-finished-pic/

Brother-Sergeant Nelix of Brother Argent’s Star Leopards

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/273210-lasc-knight-of-the-forge-finished/

Brother Bardolph of MARK0SIAN’s Knights of the Forge

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/273211-lasc-argent-fists-finished/

Brother Teleron of Aothaine’s Advent Fists

Was great fun to paint each of these. Stretched my skills some (freehanded a chapter symbol—though only because it was all simple-ish shapes. Sorry, Argent), and tested (and bought) lots of new paint and painting techniques.

It was a nice break from white and red, and to hand-paint a silver model for once.

Many thanks to Brother Cambrius for everything he’s done to put this event on. Three cheers for Bro. Cambrius!

Lore, and maybe basing to follow in the next couple of days. I’ll also get around to posting these in the respective threads soon as well.

I too owe a great deal to my local GW manager, who recommended half of the paints I used (got me to buy all them, too!) and also gave me tips on how to do different things.

With only a few hours to spare, I declare my vow complete! :biggrin.:

gallery_45765_13001_309128.png

gallery_45765_13001_313219.png

gallery_45765_13001_469841.png

gallery_45765_13001_599356.png

Battle-Brother Mraz Mordent, Combat Squad Leader, 6th Reserve Company, Soul Takers Chapter

'Brother Mordent is seen here upon the surface of Vur, a planet situated in the far reaches of Segmentum Tempestus, leading a sweep to scout out the foe that eradicated the research base Mechanicus teams deep in the Vurian jungles of the southern continent. His raised hand seems to be some sort of battle-cant signal to the rest of his unit though its exact meaning remains unclear.

This Space Marine was given command over four of his brethren and displayed great promise for a leadership position. His service amongst the lauded Legio, represented by the distinct pad he wears on his left shoulder, only helped to cement a bright future for the young Astartes.

Mraz Mordent was KIA shortly after this pic-capture was taken, slain by an unknown Xeno bioform. His body, equipment, and geneseed remain unrecovered.'

Aaahh crap

Had some issues in a project I'm part of so that I completely forgot to take proper pictures.

Gonna do an appropiate post asap, I swear!

But for now, here's my Knight Ocular

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/386881998100365312/660576280223285299/IMG_20191228_211324867.jpg

Edited by Kelborn

+++ =][= THE EVENT IS NOW CLOSED! =][= +++

And that concludes this event. Any submissions are now beyond the set time for the Title of Brother in Arms.

I will add a full run down once I have returned to my home base after New Year and Big Family Birthday festivities.

Well done to everyone who completed their miniatures, commiserations to those who failed, but fret not, a chance of redemption awaits.

Cambrius

Congrats everyone who made the deadline:thumbsup: Your minis look great. If you've missed the deadline, YOU HAVE NOT FAILED:no: You've got to the end of the month to complete your mission..... persevere and press on. I have faith in all of you.