LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - WIPs

As requested, the gold is done :wink:

gallery_30308_10604_29998.jpg

The red was a little too bright with the gold so I brought it down a bit, but this should also mean the edge highlighting does more :smile.: I'm not sure on the weapon casing, as it might be a bit too gold so I'll see how it looks when the Lead Belcher is done. It could be a good way to add some yellow in of some stripe, letting the winged skull pop a bit more as gold?

Quick update, models have now been striped, cleaned, reglued and sprayed. Unfortunately my Grey Seer died before I was fully done, so coverage is a bit lackluster. They will have to wait until I get more or I need to finish the undercoat by hand.

As the marine was a slot base I had to put him on a 25mm base, but as they are on 32mm these days I then put the model on top of one and used some plastic to make some rubble to try and hide this a bit, not convinced yet that it will work out but let’s see.

gallery_29932_13461_61175.jpg

Edited by Trokair

Putting the older slot minis onto the new bases can be a pain, I did the same trick as you a while back with one of mine, it came out pretty well in the end once the paints were down on the base. Good start! :tu:

Cambrius

It doesn't look like much compared to last update, but the metallics and weapon are there now:

gallery_30308_10604_6355.jpg

Along with the lenses (which you can't see...) not bad progress. Just the purity seal and leather pocket left to paint and then it's the highlights :smile.: I've not considered the base at all, but with the detail already on it looks like I only need to decide how I'm doing the urban scheme :tongue.:

Well after a very intensive two weeks of work thanks to our 20th Anniversary, it's really uplifting to see some more progress (and that sweet metal veteran marine getting some paint on it, I've always been a sucker for that model).

We have just over a month to go and plenty more still to do for everyone, including myself. I had a slight calamity with my Reaver as it fell of the shelf and lost one of the stabilisers and the bit was lost to the warp. :pinch: So I've found a replacement stabiliser and have that glued on, only issue now is waiting for some decent British weather to base coat.

Keep it up, Liberites! :tu:

Cambrius

only issue now is waiting for some decent British weather to base coat.

In November?:ermm:

You may have to go the 'primitive' route of just painting the basecoat on, brother.

(That's how I did my ones in the end, so much rain :sweat:)

That sounds like defeatism, Brother Ace. Such an affront to suggest giving up to a Son of Dorn! :P

But I may very well have to resort to that if it fails to dry by December 25th... out of necessity, not through giving up or anything so unDornly. ;)

Cambrius

*laughs indoors, next to the hood*

I now have a primer that (hopefully) will allow me to get going on the next couple of models.

Still need to source a jump pack for the Star Leopard Assault Sgt though. No one wants to sell ‘em cheap!

*laughs indoors, next to the hood*

I now have a primer that (hopefully) will allow me to get going on the next couple of models.

Still need to source a jump pack for the Star Leopard Assault Sgt though. No one wants to sell ‘em cheap!

If needs be I have a good amount of plain and Death Company (they look good for ornateness, believe me) Jump Packs you could utilise if you cannot find appropriate bitz Damyio. :smile.:

<Edit> And yes indeed SP, do take care out there on the underside of Terra as summer rolls through.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Update!

Sir, we have established a base:

med_gallery_26154_4148_499707.jpg

Pretty happy with the base on this one, going for the urban aspect with a spare bit from a Storm Talon, with a bit of chewed up sprue here and there for detritus (and girders on the gap on the other side of the base). I was trying to angle it to imply the motion I modeled in Sgt. Kyvrann. Now it's just a question of waiting for that fine weather to spray base.

Cambrius

Hmmm after seeing these I might have to read through some of the chapter descriptions and see what I can come up with as models, just for fun.

Well that would be a very cool thing to try and do, Cadius! I'm sure there'd be no objection from our participants, but be sure to PM them first. ;)

And the good news it is clear and sunny today! The Emperor answered my prayers so I will be spraying after my radio show today. :D

Cambrius