LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - WIPs

Exceptional work all around, guys! I'm an especially big fan of the Champion Eternal and the Iron Herald. :laugh.:

Over the past few days, bits orders have been dropping in at my place. I've decided to make a small kitbash for my rendition of the Oblivion Hunters. I'm still missing a part or two, but I hope I'll be able to show off a mini of my own later this week!

Edited by AHorriblePerson

Well we are in to the final month of activities! Let's smash this challenge, brothers and sisters!

I should hopefully get some base coat paints on my mini this week, trying out contrasts as well. :ph34r:

Cambrius

:HQ: :HQ: :HQ: +++ TWO WEEKS LEFT TO GO! +++ :HQ: :HQ: :HQ: 

Yes indeed, this decade is into it's final few days and so is this marvellous event. Just a reminder, the event closes at 23:59GMT on January 1st. So you have New Year's Day to also finish off as needed too. :D

Good luck and keep at it!

Cambrius

Proud to say I have two of mine nearly complete (just detailing work, for the most part) and will begin the third tomorrow after I acquire one or two more paints.

I should probably get around to getting pics in here at some point....

Well some paint is down with a first coat on my Grey Raven:

gallery_26154_4148_13520.jpg

Painting grey on a grey basecoat is surprisingly challenging, but I'm gonna keep on at it. Gonna add some thinned Nuln Oil washes to add some depth to the grey before drybrushing it back up and work more on the details. :D

Only 12 days left to go so let's keep at it brothers and sisters!

Cambrius

Okay so I have finally made progress. I give you the before shots:

Kavaros Thorr of Zephaniah Adriyen's Scything Claw

gallery_36568_14038_40529.jpg

Yuan Xian of Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Dawn Blades

gallery_36568_14038_44550.jpg

Hebron Asariah of Berzul's Wings of Dawn

gallery_36568_14038_14910.jpg

Paen Deth of Smirnov's Shadow Lords

gallery_36568_14038_61906.jpg

Bases will be done after painting. Now to undercoat and paint as I have three days for the four and a knight. Something tells me I wont gt it all done. But no matter. I will focus on these four first obviously.

Edited by Brother Argent

Back banner is a nice touch and I love it. I’ve done it that way on one of my models and I’m glad you’ve decided to do the same.

Also the topknot. Hadn’t considered that, perhaps I’ll have to go and find some for future bare-headed Dawn Blades!

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda forgot about the challenge. But I'm here, and I've got something to show you guys.

Some of the parts I ordered never arrived at my place and the post office couldn't tell me where exactly they lost them, so I was forced to reach a bit deeper into my bits box. It might actually have been for the better - I'm quite pleased with what I used for the kitbash.

So without further ado, here's an as of yet unidentified champion of the Oblivion Hunters:

Hidden Content

gallery_108437_14773_193630.jpg

gallery_108437_14773_1661073.jpg

gallery_108437_14773_1320607.jpg

Excuse the excessive amount of putty used to hold the model together, by the way. The plan is to add the odd scratch mark and bullet hole to deface the White Scars heraldry and maybe show off the living, bleeding armor the Hunters are known for - unless Aothaine has something to object to...?

Edited by AHorriblePerson

Back banner is a nice touch and I love it. I’ve done it that way on one of my models and I’m glad you’ve decided to do the same.

Also the topknot. Hadn’t considered that, perhaps I’ll have to go and find some for future bare-headed Dawn Blades!

Glad you like it mate. Was hoping to do some kind of katana as well but ran out of time/bits.

Ooooh man those models are looking beautiful with their kitbashing from the both of you, Brother Argent and AHorriblePerson!

Can't wait to see them in their resplendent colours before the decade is out! :tu:

Cambrius

The extent of today's efforts: all basecoats applied (and crappy phone pictures taken :teehee:).

gallery_45765_13001_76595.png

gallery_45765_13001_238859.png

I'm not convinced about painting the base's rim the same colour as the base top. Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions as to what I should do?

So at first some crappy pics before I update them and fluff them out tomorrow:

Kavaros Thorr of Zephaniah Adriyen's Scything Claw

gallery_36568_14038_25467.jpg

Yuan Xian of Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Dawn Blades

gallery_36568_14038_57031.jpg

Hebron Asariah of Berzul's Wings of Dawn

gallery_36568_14038_56070.jpg

Paen Deth of Smirnov's Shadow Lords

gallery_36568_14038_91079.jpg

Colours are off because of washed out colors. Will do better tomorrow. Happy new year all...

Some great progress into the twilight hours of this event!

JUST OVER 30 HOURS LEFT TO GO!

Not long left to go now! Time ends for this event at 23:59GMT on the 1st of January.

Keep at it, Brothers and Sisters! I'll see you on the other side as the decade turns. :D

Cambrius

Finally got some work done on my Voidborn marine.  Hopefully I can get him done this evening, but we'll see how much time i get after the little ones go to sleep.  I just like the look of angelus bolters and think they would be really convenient for a ship based combat chapter.  Hopefully Trokair doesn't mind too much.

http://i.imgur.com/K0kbsz8l.jpg?1

Edited by Frostbit3

Finally got some work done on my Voidborn marine.  Hopefully I can get him done this evening, but we'll see how much time i get after the little ones go to sleep.  I just like the look of angelus bolters and think they would be really convenient for a ship based combat chapter.  Hopefully Trokair doesn't mind too much.

Not at all, it’s a good and sensible idea.

With only a few hours to spare, I declare my vow complete! :D

gallery_45765_13001_309128.png

gallery_45765_13001_313219.png

gallery_45765_13001_469841.png

gallery_45765_13001_599356.png

Battle-Brother Mraz Mordent, Combat Squad Leader, 6th Reserve Company, Soul Takers Chapter

'Brother Mordent is seen here upon the surface of Vur, a planet situated in the far reaches of Segmentum Tempestus, leading a sweep to scout out the foe that eradicated the research base Mechanicus teams deep in the Vurian jungles of the southern continent. His raised hand seems to be some sort of battle-cant signal to the rest of his unit though its exact meaning remains unclear.

This Space Marine was given command over four of his brethren and displayed great promise for a leadership position. His service amongst the lauded Legio, represented by the distinct pad he wears on his left shoulder, only helped to cement a bright future for the young Astartes.

Mraz Mordent was KIA shortly after this pic-capture was taken, slain by an unknown Xeno bioform. His body, equipment, and geneseed remain unrecovered.'

I had a lot of fun painting this chap up. I hope @Frostbit3 is happy with the end result. :smile.:

Thanks for organising this, Cambrius!