LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - Completed Miniatures

This is the master thread for the completed miniatures for the LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 (LASC 2019), where participants in The Liber have written an article about their Astartes Chapter/Chaos Warband and have been swapped with another participants' own creation to create a single miniature before the end of January 1st at 23:59 GMT

The participants and swapped chapters/warbands assigned are as follows:

Participant Swaps:

So stay tuned, peeps, we will have plenty of activity here soon. Please do feel free to provide feedback and encouragement to these superb Fraters who have taken part. :smile.:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

-- Falrust, Lord of Corpses --
== Angels of Decay ==

gallery_46204_9220_61294.jpg

"Only the dead can be trusted to serve."

A brutal fighter and spellcaster in his own right, Falrust has always excelled in the creation and command of poxwalkers; disease-ridden corpses driven into unlife by the horrific power of Nurgle. Surrounded by his prized creations, Falrust has often been found in the vanguard of the Angels of Decay, pressing the attack and sowing the blessings of Nurgle in battle.

gallery_46204_9220_100973.jpg

After the awakening of the Cicatrix Maledictum, Cepio the Prophet sent Falrust and a cadre of lesser servants in search of fresh territory to ruin in Nurgle's name. By either blind luck or fate, Falrust's cohort arrived at the Glastheim Rifts, and were destroyed by the White Hawks Chapter of Space Marines at the battle of Mirnamor.

gallery_46204_9220_102065.jpg

Falrust himself, however, was brought back from the dead, thanks to a powerful ritual sacrifice to Nurgle enacted by the Blades of Atracia - a warband who dwelt in the heart of the Rifts - and given the chance to wreak vengeance against the Chapter that sought to slay him. Falrust dwells in the darkness of the Rifts still, a perpetual, toxic thorn in the side of the Silver Circle.

gallery_46204_9220_83271.jpg

Armed with the ancient bolt pistol Sanctity and the Lightning Claw Righteous Ire - once weapons of the Angels of Ultramar - Falrust himself is a deadly combatant, blessed as he is with the implacable endurance common to the Angels of Decay.

Falrust's warcry of "Death and Salvation!" can be heard croaking from the dry, twisted throats of the shambling corpses that hobble at his side - a sound that heralds doom and decay for all those who hear it.

Holy Terra what a start to the completed miniatures for the LASC! :woot:

Outatanding work, Ace! Congrats on a supreme job and I'm sure Brother Argent would agree. :biggrin.:

Cambrius

Nice work Brother Ace:tu:

Many thanks, brothers! :biggrin.:

I won't lie, I had a blast painting this guy. Nurgle marines are a surprisingly fun thing to paint after I spent ages making sure my last minis were clean and crisp.

Typhus Corrosion just forced its way to near the top of my 'favourite paints' list, even if I definitely need more practice with it!

But with Falrust complete, I just need to get the required bits to build the Lawman, and it's on to the Asperos Astra for me! :happy.:

-- Brother Arnton, Survivor of Axiband --
== Asperos Astra ==

gallery_46204_9220_69530.jpg

"Up there, it's The Emperor's Justice. Down here, it's me."

Not all battles end in victory. This is a lesson the Asperos Astra know well - for the entire Chapter's future was once decided on the outcome of a duel. Where others would see only a crushing defeat, the Lawbringers (as the Chapter is also known) tend to take a more philosophical outlook. Every loss is a lesson. Every lesson makes you stronger.

When the Ork horde known as Waaaagh Deffslamma fought the Asperos Astra, the Space Marines won handily, driving the Orks out of their territory. The Sixth Company was dispatched to finish the rout and destroy the orks entirely, running them to ground finally on the distant world of Axiband. But the greenskins managed to trap the Lawbringers with a devious ambush, collapsing a mountain on the courageous Company. Over half the marines of the Sixth were crushed immediately under this devastating landslide; the remainder fighting with the fury of the vengeful and driving the orks off.

Though they grieved for their lost brothers, the Lawbringers knew they were needed at home. They dug up what they could of the fallen, then set out for Aurumilio with heavy hearts.

gallery_46204_9220_48928.jpg

Two years later, the world of Axiband was once again beset by orks. This time, it was the First Company of the White Hawks, led by Ambrose the Wild, who came to the planet's aid. During the battle, a figure in red and blue came to the aid of the Space Marines, revealed afterwards to be the only survivor of the ambush two years ago. The last Lawbringer of Axiband - Brother Arnton.

The orks were broken and scattered again. Burning with the need for vengeance against the Orks who had taken the lives of his brothers, Brother Arnton swore to give chase once again, and never relent until the last greenskin was dead at his feet.

Taking him at his word, Captain Ambrose took the Lawbringer under his wing, and to this day the lost son of Aurumilio flies with the First Company of the White Hawks, hunting for greenskins and never faltering in the pursuit of his vengeance. Armed with the bolt pistol "Desert Star", formerly the property of the Sixth Company's Champion, Arnton's skill at marksmanship has seen him prove an excellent ally to the White Hawks on many battlefields, and has done much to elevate the reputation of the Asperos Astra within his adopted Chapter.

"Fly with the Hawks? Sure, I can do that. The real question is, can you ride with the Lawbringers?" - Brother Arnton of the Asperos Astra to Brother Haystan of the White Hawks, at the battle of Mt. Mercy

-----------------

Aaaaand a bonus picture with both my LASC boys, each just noticing the presence of the other. :tongue.:

gallery_46204_9220_126670.jpg

That's both of my vows complete, brothers!
Feeling pretty good now - I've just got to scrub the paint off my hands real quick and rush off to work! :laugh.:

Edited by Ace Debonair

Arnton turned out great! Awesome work, Ace!

Glad you like him, brother! :happy.:

I was originally going to cover Arnton's shoulders up, but I've decided to leave them uncovered and bare for now - if I ever get good enough at freehand, I'll add the Lawbringers' Chapter Symbol on there.

I might yet go back and add more to the coat - I don't think it comes forward enough, so it looks more like a regular cape at the moment.:sweat:

I have to admit, the second I found that pistol in my bitz box, though, I knew how I was going to pose him. :laugh.:

I'm just going to go and tweak some of the fluff I've done for him to make a bit more sense and add a little extra detail...

EDIT:

Did that, and now Arnton's pistol has a name and history.

Naming weapons is becoming my new hobby-within-the-hobby lately!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Brother Argent's Iron Herald is complete! Veteran Sergeant <to be named by owner> is ready for the grimdark.

Hope it fills you with pride Brother Argent! He will be matte varnished (gloss for the eye lens) very soon, fear not :wink: . That pesky hair on the bolter has also been removed!

gallery_177745_15864_25393.jpggallery_177745_15864_57656.jpggallery_177745_15864_38110.jpg

+VOW FULFILLED. FOR THE EMPEROR+

Edited by Watcher

Oh my dear sweet Emperor's Underpants! :woot:  Now that is badass from both Ace and Watcher.

Congratulations, brothers on the first completions, absolutely stunning stuff (and great to see the tissue cloak kitbash return, Ace)!

Where did you get the helmet from, Watcher? Is that from the Ironclad Dreadnought?

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

It's from the Venerable Dreadnought kit, one of the three helmet choices :thumbsup:

Great to see completions already, who knew the Liber was good with paints as well as words? :tongue.: Still a while off my addition here, likely an early December finish perhaps...

Got yourself a good eye there, brother! It is indeed!

Brother Harke, Reiver of 1st Squad, 10th Company of the Ashen Blades is ready to take the fight to the heretic.

gallery_103206_15945_91348.jpg

gallery_103206_15945_11311.jpg

gallery_103206_15945_38952.jpg

gallery_103206_15945_95865.jpg

I'm pleased with how this miniature has come out, and I hope that I've done justice to Kelborn's great work on the Ashen Blades.

Brother Maynard "Death Seeker" Korsiel, Tactical Sergeant of the 2nd "Perpetual" Company of the Vanquishers.

IMG-20191124-191134215.jpg

His figure is a dangerous sight in the battlefield for both allies and enemies alike, as brother Maynard is the living embodiment of the words of the God Emperor; that the Astartes Shall Not Know Fear.

He carries with him the weapon that is avoided most by his chapter. Plasma. The fire of the Emperor's wrath, from over the darkest ages of the imperium. Inside a pistol, the blue light of which is like the roaring fire inside the eye of death itself, looking down at any who dare to oppose the chapter. A weapon he fears not to use.

In his right hand, there is a power fist. A weapon with which to crush his enemies to crimson dust, as he —like most in the Chapter— shies not away from close combat. Tight quarters, like those found in the great sprawls, often make such an approach a necesity. And in facing the greater enemies of the Imperium, this honorable battle brother will go for no less than the most devastating attacks.

His armor bears the golden marks of the Perpetuals. Strict adherents as they are to the Codex Astartes. The rest of it, though, is plain, per the traditions of the chapter. Brother Maynard has no need, nor interest, in decorations or regalia. His weapons and skills, as well as his courage and mien of authority, as conveyed through his actions in battle, speak louder than any symbol, marking or icon ever could.

VOW FULFILLED, BROTHERS.

GLORY TO THE EMPEROR!

Edited by Berzul