wishlisting about new rules.

Medjugorje

I would love to see a very minor point (1 point would be fine) reduction for Neophytes since they lose forward deployment when taken with Crusader Squads. Alternately, keeping them the same cost and adding an ability to combat battleshock would be cool too.

Other than that, a litany table, updated IC rules and some workable stratagems would make me happy enough. Definitely excited for the release. Now I just need to paint my army...

I would love to see a very minor point (1 point would be fine) reduction for Neophytes since they lose forward deployment when taken with Crusader Squads. Alternately, keeping them the same cost and adding an ability to combat battleshock would be cool too.

ohhh yesssssss. I am with you.

I was thinking, if we got to keep the IF relic banner, and the +1 melee to hit litany. Then Grimaldus may actually be better off keeping his current rule of modified 6+s. If you combine that rule with the myriad ways you can get +1 to hit now, his multiplier starts to really add up.

For morale and Crusader squads, you shouldn't lose any models if there are not more Neophytes than Initiates. Like if a Plasma pistol blew up, then may his neo runs later, but other than that, I can't see morale losses amongst zealots.

Holy Orb of Antioch should be a 1CP stratagem, that turns a regular grenade into a Zeal-buffed WMD. Usable by any character, or any infantry near a Chaplain.

Also, Gravis Chaplain, no shoulder mounted weapon, but a vox caster, his prayers affect all friendly <chapter> units within X" instead of just 1 unit.

Psykers lose the benefit of the character rule when targeted by <Black Templar> units. That would be huge.

Vows instead of Doctrines. For example, Vow of Swiftness, do not roll when advancing for infantry and Dreadnoughts, move the max distance, but cannot gain benefit of cover. Followed a vow where the Black Templar battle cry is so intimidating, the opponent's unit that the charge was declared against has to beat the charging Black Templar unit in a Leadership roll off to fire overwatch. Finally a vow that lets BT units consolidate an obscene distance after winning a melee. I mean, that is how I see BT armies, get there, get in, get it done.

Also, custom heraldry. Each Marshall on the field, 1/detachment, gets his own banner/standard with traits chosen from a list.

PS: a 1CP stratagem "Ah gut be'uh" that is used at the beginning of the BT player's turn, on a 4+ they end any ongoing effect of a psychic power cast on them. Yet another fluffy layer of anti witch.

Edited by Jacques Corbin

I kind of liked the Custom Heraldry idea. I mean, each Marshal is assigned their Crusade to take out all kinds of threats to the Imperium, it would make sense that certain Marshals develop specific martial (see what I did there) skills to purge their assigned foe.

Y'know, so you have a Marshal in a detachment with an Ancient, then that Standard grants a bonus from a list of bonuses. I think that would really add to the feudal knight theme. A double battalion, 2 Marshals join forces, the Astartes mustered under one banner get 1 bonus, and Astartes mustered under the other get the other bonus. I