Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Angels Terminator Squad - Rogue Trader (1989)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Legiocustodes

Legiocustodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists
After the fun that I had with my test model last week I decided to take the plunge and paint up a full squad of 1989 era Terminators for use in the classic first edition of Space Hulk.

Ov93XhS.jpg

As per the test model I stuck with the bright red heraldry of the noble Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes!

As these fellas appeared on the front cover of the Space Hulk box and both versions of the Space Crusade box art I felt they were the poster boys of the period (before the Ultramarines took over!)

MB2kfho.jpg

I stuck as closely as I could to the colours and iconography shown in the available art work of the period that I consistently used as reference material.

This included painstakingly painting hazard stripes on all of the Power Fists Gloves and the Heavy Flamer.

Additionally I sourced a set of the original 1989 Blood Angels decal sheets to apply the Chapter badge to each of the marines shoulder pads.

nlJIxnp.jpg

Load-out wise I stuck with the basic armaments for a Space Hulk Terminator Squad. This consists of a sergeant with a Storm Bolter and Power Sword, three marines with Storm Bolters and Power Gloves and a heavy weapon marine equipped with a Heavy Flamer and Power Glove.

T3rUMeE.jpg

In order to pay homage to their era of origin and to distinguish the bright red of their Tactical Dreadnought Armour I painted their bases in the traditional Goblin Green!! Ahhhhh .... Nostalgia!

f8MmxQU.jpg

I really, really enjoyed painting these models!

1fzyl7P.jpg

They just have such great detail to them and are absolutely bursting with character! Also there is something satisfying about the weight of having a metal model in your hand when painting!!

Now that I’m in the swing of retro painting I have already sourced a second Terminator Squad from eBay that I need to start working on!!

There’s more hobby related activity on my blog at:

http://classicastart...g-post.html?m=1
  • Rogue, Arkaniss, Interrogator Stobz and 12 others like this
Feel free to visit my blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

It's a mix of old school 40k, Horus Heresy and Fallout goodness!

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts

Love it, great seeing old school models well painted!

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 205 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Very nice. I'd never seen the flamer before, kinda funky. Its crazy how little the terminator aesthetic has changed in all this time. Great unit, keep em coming with the old school

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Ferrum Aeternum - Truescale Iron Hands Army

Monkey Business - PHM's Random Works and Past Projects

Check out the Conversion Corner - Need some Hobby Help, a Dream Theme or some Conversion Concepts? I'm here to help.

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Love it! I should dig mine out and take a photo, I have about 3-4 squads of them (they could do with a paint refresh though....)

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,846 posts

It's surprising how many space hulks had lovely grassy interiors (Don't worry, mine did, too!). I really like these guys. The new Mephiston teaser has given me a Blood Angels nostalgia trip. 

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Rogue

Rogue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 610 posts
  • Faction: Red Brotherhood and Gorgons
In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, there is only war. And gardening.
  • Tichinde likes this

gallery_48988_15094_10278.png gallery_48988_15094_4633.png gallery_48988_15094_3969.png gallery_48988_15094_4025.png ETL_Medal_02.gif gallery_48988_15465_5689.png ETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gif

So far this year: patriarch, magus, primus, iconward, abominant, five acolytes, ten brood brothers, clamavus, five aberrants, eight genestealers and three leman russ tanks painted; 147 marines and a stormtalon based

Legiocustodes

Legiocustodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts
Cheers guys. Yeah the Flamer is quite cool, I really
Like the Mk I.

I was going to give them a brown base to match my modern Flesh Tearers ... but then I couldn’t help but go full retro and pop out the goblin green
  • PowerHungryMonkey likes this

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 205 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Please tell me the Gobln Green came from one of the old white, pop-top paint pots? Those things would keep a paint useable forever. Just seems so fitting given the age of the models rolleyesclean.gif

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Ferrum Aeternum - Truescale Iron Hands Army

Monkey Business - PHM's Random Works and Past Projects

Check out the Conversion Corner - Need some Hobby Help, a Dream Theme or some Conversion Concepts? I'm here to help.

Legiocustodes

Legiocustodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts
It certainly did!!! I still have loads of paints from then that refuse to die!! Not like today’s paints!!

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,437 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Sacred Rose

Lovely to see such venerable models given a modern and fancy (except the bases of course!) paint scheme wub.gif Excellent work! You got any more old models loafing around you could paint up? msn-wink.gif 

• Legiocustodes likes this

Dark Rage

Dark Rage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

Big fan of classics, very nicely done.

Legiocustodes

Legiocustodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts

Lovely to see such venerable models given a modern and fancy (except the bases of course!) paint scheme :wub: Excellent work! You got any more old models loafing around you could paint up? ;)

Cheers guys!! Check my latest post... I’ve done a whole Genestealer Cult!

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,470 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Super cool oldtermies Brother.

Well done on resisting better bases. :P

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gif

Stobz'z DAngles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users