Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2019/2020 B&C Dice Poll #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Border? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the 1-5 faces to have border decorations?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,411 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Whether or not we include border decorations will impact the overall design.

Since we've elected to use pips instead of numbers,we can't have too much other imagery on the 1-5 faces. So if we have border decorations, they need to be simple and inobtrusive in order to ensure that the pips can be read quickly and accurately.

In order to give a better idea, here are some images. Keep in mind that the design of the skull pips has not been finalized, so the style, size, and arrangement shown below is purely conceptual.

Border Decorations:
gallery_26_6764_15821.gif

No Border Decorations:

gallery_26_6764_14522.gif

To give you a better idea of the realm of the possible, here are some dice with different border decorations from Q Workshop.

Runic White & Black:
runic-white-black-dice-set-7.jpg

Pathfinder Second Edition:
pathfinder-second-edition-dice-set-7.jpg

Starfinder:
starfinder-dice-set-limited-edition-blac

Also, the first run of B&C dice had a border:
gallery_26_6764_108711.jpg

Some limits to keep in mind:
  • The maximum width of a painted area is 1.8 mm.
  • The minimum width of an engraved area is 0.14 mm.
  • The minimum distance between engraved areas is 0.35 mm.
The thickness of the red box above is approximately 0.5 mm. If we want a thicker area, the skulls will have to be moved closer together and/or reduced in size. If we vote for border decorations, we can dicker over the actual design later. For now, all we're voting on is whether or not to have some sort of border decorations on the 1-5 faces.
  • Black Blow Fly and SickSix like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Woo, got the first vote in. Also I just LOVE how those first batch look especially with that logo, I know it ain't part of this poll but they do look really slick with that design and logo.

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,996 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

No symbols or decor other than pips = easier to read.

• Felix Antipodes, Triszin, Marshal Loss and 2 others like this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I understand that the majority will decide the design, but God, do I hope we do not go for skulls and any decor.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,411 posts

I'll leave this poll up until Thursday morning.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Pretty close this one. At this point there will always be a comparably large amount of people being unhappy with the result. sweat.gif

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Personally I like the borders and having something other than pips all the time would be nice. Really stand out when used.

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,411 posts

Not as decisive an outcome this time around. Majority rules - for this batch. I'm already planning next year's batch, though, and it will be different.

• Panzer and Kenzaburo like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users