Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Mephiston

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

A more powerful, "Abaddon-level" Mephiston? Can't wait.

The Sorc is a great model.

The Sisters tanks are... Fantastic! This overly gothic, ostentatious, religious look is so well suited to Sisters. They are going to be so distinct from the Astartes.

I question why you care about Mephiston, since you're a Smurf player, but I'm happy you're excited. ^^

• Marshal Rohr likes this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,662 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Really looking forward to that Mephiston, he's gonna look AWESOME!
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,547 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

That Mephiston looks amazing! Gonna convert one up into a Chaos Lord like the one John Blanche did in the 2nd ed Chaos dex. 

• Lexington, Marshal Loss, Antarius and 2 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,544 posts

Other primaris characters haven't changed too much beyond the basic stat boosts, I don't imagine Mephiston will either. Although perhaps, if they're looking back at how he was in 2e (based on the art its based on) maybe he'll get an invulnerable save back. Or perhaps he'll get some kind of blood drinking rule back like he had (because the pose has him wiping his face, same as the art)

One thing I wonder, did he lost his plasma pistol? It's nowhere to be seen on art or the model teaser...

Edited by Brother Casman, 05 November 2019 - 12:41 PM.
Removed off topic content

• MARK0SIAN likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,901 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Other primaris characters haven't changed too much beyond the basic stat boosts, I don't imagine Mephiston will either. Although perhaps, if they're looking back at how he was in 2e (based on the art its based on) maybe he'll get an invulnerable save back. Or perhaps he'll get some kind of blood drinking rule back like he had (because the pose has him wiping his face, same as the art)

One thing I wonder, did he lost his plasma pistol? It's nowhere to be seen on art or the model teaser...

The model has a holster. Its just not drawn

Edited by Brother Casman, 05 November 2019 - 12:42 PM.
Removed off topic content

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists, Blood Angels

Mephiston may well be primaris but it appears he is getting VERY faithful reproduction. Which is nice

I really hope your wrong.
  • Master Commander Ajax likes this

gallery_48988_15465_10130.png gallery_45765_11565_21922.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,274 posts

He's obviously and quite clearly been primarized. You all saw his foot. They wouldn't keep him old marine and give him primaris boots.

Look, if I'm wrong I'll eat that proverbial hat of mine, but i'd be willing to bet money over this at this point.

EDIT: A tactical foot, An Intercessors foot, and a Lord of Death foot walk into a bar....

gallery_65134_15414_13878.jpg

Honestly, not sure what the point was in even making this image. Guess I'm mostly flabbergasted that some people still hold out hope, or think he might have not been primarized, even when the answer is staring everyone in the face? Heck, even before we knew what his foot was like, there were other clues, like his leaked price point etc. And even before that, I don't see GW having given anyone any indication to expect any new loyalist old marine characters outside of HH...

Edited by Reinhard, 04 November 2019 - 12:05 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Fulkes, Shinespider and 2 others like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,901 posts

Mephiston may well be primaris but it appears he is getting VERY faithful reproduction. Which is nice

He has a primaris boot and by the look of it, primaris knee.

Its doubtful.

Mephiston is a rare character that it doesnt matter as much with though

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,202 posts

Mephiston looks so close to that artwork and to his features from the old model that, even if he has a primaris style foot stuck on under his skirt, his look is going to be very unlike the typical primaris look.  I think model wise he will effectively be Primaris in name only.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,274 posts

And rules. He'll get the keyword and have to go in 'pulsor transports from now on

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,901 posts

Mephiston looks so close to that artwork and to his features from the old model that, even if he has a primaris style foot stuck on under his skirt, his look is going to be very unlike the typical primaris look. I think model wise he will effectively be Primaris in name only.

Knee and foot, presumably backpack too.

The key difference is his torso follows his classic look, but tbf primaris all have sculpted pectoral-esque muscles anyway.

You're right that he will look at home beside both classic and primaris though.

A proper blending or the styles which I think we have been expecting for a while now.
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts

And rules. He'll get the keyword and have to go in 'pulsor transports from now on

Good point. Which right now sucks, but is necessary in the long run. If/when we get a Primaris flyer, you bet only tall bois will be allowed in there.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,137 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Mephiston will very likely be a Primaris, but I would really like some new lore to go with that.

He's not a normal Marine, he is something more. The Primaris upgrade will likely still work and he is probably more likely to survive it than most, but I wonder if it's as straightforward as that.

-~Ishagu~-

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,702 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Mephiston will very likely be a Primaris, but I would really like some new lore to go with that.

He's not a normal Marine, he is something more. The Primaris upgrade will likely still work and he is probably more likely to survive it than most, but I wonder if it's as straightforward as that.

Yes, it will be that straight forward.

"Mephiston decided to become a Primaris because they're so much better than normal marines. The procedure was a success and now literally no Blood Angel has any concerns about it. Also the chance of success is still a gamble, but like literally every other named character he came through it fine."
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,679 posts

Probably:

Mephiston drank a primaris Marines blood.

And instantly became primaris

Joking. Aside he was probably for it
banana

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

"Mephiston decided to become a Primaris because they're so much better than normal marines. The procedure was a success and now literally no Blood Angel has any concerns about it. Also the chance of success is still a gamble, but like literally every other named character he came through it fine."
Well that or he nearly dies again and this how they keep him from dying. I mean the Dark Angels are using the Rubricon as a means of keeping critically injured Astartes alive after all.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,901 posts

Probably more likely to be a case of he chooses to cross the rubicon because he has been seeking a way to stabilise his own body. A major plot point for the lord of death is that his power is essentially destroying him because his body cannot contain it.

Perhaps the half godmaker organ that primaris have will be the thing to resolve that thread.
  • Gederas, Shinespider, pandion40 and 2 others like this

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists, Blood Angels

He has a primaris boot and by the look of it, primaris knee.

Its doubtful.

Mephiston is a rare character that it doesnt matter as much with though

I should have been clearer, I don't mind him being primaris'd, it was the posing I was worried about. In the end i'll probably just use him for a base for kitbashing my own counts-as mephiston or blood angel flavored psyker.

gallery_48988_15465_10130.png gallery_45765_11565_21922.png

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,484 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I should have been clearer, I don't mind him being primaris'd, it was the posing I was worried about. In the end i'll probably just use him for a base for kitbashing my own counts-as mephiston or blood angel flavored psyker.

He's not in the original model's pose, he's in the original artwork's pose which is very different.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,901 posts
Not a fan of the classic art? Too vampiry I guess?

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,919 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
=][= Housekeeping Note =][=

I've split these posts from the Blood and Glory thread, this thread will focus on the new Mephiston model.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts
Well considering that Sanguinius is dead, this means that Blood Angels can have at least something close
  • Karhedron likes this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

Considering that Mephiston was one of the first proper character models I bought (Since Tycho mk1 was just a Blood Angel captain technically), I am taking notice. That model looks incredible to me so It's on my to-buy list now. I have neglected the Blood Angel since I stopped collecting them at the end of 2nd edition, this guy will be a tribute to my first 40k army.

• Blindhamster and Domhnall like this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,901 posts
Yeah rules are secondary to an awesome model in this case.

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,164 posts

People actually "Complain" about a free rules upgrade to an already awesome character? lol

I... don't get it. He will look like a jacked up Mephiston that has proper scale for his model and proper presence for what he is supposed to represent. Sounds like a Win-Win to me! 

• Morticon, Black Blow Fly, Hellebras and 4 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users