Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Mephiston

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,902 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

not sure i've seen a single person complaining about the rules? Except for the occasionaly discontent post about him probably being primaris.

He's great even without an update to his rules!

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,581 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
Man, the fact that he’s a straight reproduction of the old 2nd Ed art makes my heart sing. Iconic piece, great pose.
  • Morticon, Slave to Darkness and Charlo like this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Omega-soul

Omega-soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 295 posts

Well he is really great to a standart of a Chief Librarian...

But the thing is... other legion potentialy have a living primarchs and Blood angels - don't

There was some options to make up for it.

One of the easiest one - Warp-Empowered Mephiston. In a lore he is already one of the mightiest Psykers of Imperium making fun of Magnus and Tzeentch.

So now he is still cool and stuff but... he will probably won't even have a 50mm base and being a hero on a 40mm base says something.

Now BA left with a conjunction of Dante with Sanguinor. 

Dante alone won't be an Abaddon level model (and it's fair) so as Sanguinor. If praised and promoted Saint Celestine is not that great what we can expect from Sanguinor?

Only a magic bs and sudden powers out of nothing can help.

So if we get a simple primaris Dante - BA will have no Lord of war scale character (at least not with a conventional logic based on previous lore). I wouldn't like to see some blood golems that Sanguinius ordered to Cawl before heresy - style solution

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,902 posts

But the thing is... other legion potentialy have a living primarchs and Blood angels - don't

There was some options to make up for it.

One of the easiest one - Warp-Empowered Mephiston. In a lore he is already one of the mightiest Psykers of Imperium making fun of Magnus and Tzeentch.

So now he is still cool and stuff but... he will probably won't even have a 50mm base and being a hero on a 40mm base says something.

Dante alone won't be an Abaddon level model (and it's fair) so as Sanguinor. If praised and promoted Saint Celestine is not that great what we can expect from Sanguinor?

So if we get a simple primaris Dante - BA will have no Lord of war scale character (at least not with a conventional logic based on previous lore). I wouldn't like to see some blood golems that Sanguinius ordered to Cawl before heresy - style solution

personally dont see any issues lol.

• Deadman Wade and Silverson like this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

There are so many potential ways to apply handwavium to the Sanguinor to bring him near Primarch-level that we could fill pages upon pages of plausible options and still not come close to what GW would do. Sanguinor crosses the Rubicon and almost dies but Sanguinius' soul saves him empowering him. Sanguinor falls to the black rage and declares himself to be Sanguinius resurrected, the Death Company follow him en masse and their combined psychic energy empowers him. Sanguinor is visited by Orkymedes and he goes "You'z a Primark, Harreh" and attends the Sortiarius School of Warpcraft and Heresy where he learns how to be a powerful Primarch-like figure. I dunno. We could be here all day writing alternatives. Several days.

Edited by DeadFingers, 06 November 2019 - 05:54 AM.

• Halandaar and Panzer like this

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,033 posts

ooooh.....there's a thought - imagine he becomes a LOW? :o 

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,895 posts

ooooh.....there's a thought - imagine he becomes a LOW? :o

We can dream.

Sadly I don't think he will :(

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 531 posts

People actually "Complain" about a free rules upgrade to an already awesome character? lol.

I... don't get it. He will look like a jacked up Mephiston that has proper scale for his model and proper presence for what he is supposed to represent. Sounds like a Win-Win to me!

It’s not all win-win. The rules upgrade will necessitate him gaining the Primaris keyword, so you can kiss goodbye to putting him in a Rhino, Razorback/Infernus, Land Raider/Crusader/Redeemer/Proteus/Helios/Achilles, Spartan, Mastodon, Stormraven, Storm Eagle/Roc, Caestus, Thunderhawk/Transporter, Stormbird, Drop Pod or Terrax(?). Which is a bit :cussty.

It’s the same reason that some were glad there was no Black Templar Primaris character change.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

People actually "Complain" about a free rules upgrade to an already awesome character? lol.

I... don't get it. He will look like a jacked up Mephiston that has proper scale for his model and proper presence for what he is supposed to represent. Sounds like a Win-Win to me!

It’s not all win-win. The rules upgrade will necessitate him gaining the Primaris keyword, so you can kiss goodbye to putting him in a Rhino, Razorback/Infernus, Land Raider/Crusader/Redeemer/Proteus/Helios/Achilles, Spartan, Mastodon, Stormraven, Storm Eagle/Roc, Caestus, Thunderhawk/Transporter, Stormbird, Drop Pod or Terrax(?). Which is a bit :cussty.

It’s the same reason that some were glad there was no Black Templar Primaris character change.

Most people didn't put him in a transport and just used the Wings power anyway, so eh. On the other hand he now can get into Repulsors, Executioners and Impulsors. :P

• Black Blow Fly likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,581 posts
  • Faction: Orks!

I might suggest that not every faction in the game needs the equivalent of a Primarch on their roster.
  • fire golem, Bryan Blaire and Typhoid_Tony like this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,640 posts
If we're getting art inspired models then I hope sfPanzer we get some models based on your profile pic ;)

Assuming mephiston gets the Abby treatment he'll look amazing. Not too long to wait!
  • Karhedron, Panzer and Aztek like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts

If we're getting art inspired models then I hope sfPanzer we get some models based on your profile pic msn-wink.gif

Not much would make me happier. :D 

• 01RTB01 likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,066 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

I don't even play blood angels and i'm looking forward to getting and painting this guy wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Mithril

• lhg033, fire golem and Kenzaburo like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,902 posts

He can still go in thunderhawks
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,339 posts

I don't even play blood angels and i'm looking forward to getting and painting this guy wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Mithril

The same! 

This may inspire me to start a BA army, or to rephrase, start the army i intended -  Space hulk / Deathstorm plus a many other bits/kits still sitting in my pile of shame that i can cannibalise.

• mithrilforge and Aztek like this

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,138 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

A more powerful, "Abaddon-level" Mephiston? Can't wait.

The Sorc is a great model.

The Sisters tanks are... Fantastic! This overly gothic, ostentatious, religious look is so well suited to Sisters. They are going to be so distinct from the Astartes.

I question why you care about Mephiston, since you're a Smurf player, but I'm happy you're excited. ^^

I love the Blood Angels - Dante and Devastation of Baal are two of my favourite BL books. I want to see the faction supported and expanded.
  • Blindhamster and Lhorke The First like this

-~Ishagu~-

Frater Antodeniel

Frater Antodeniel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,070 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Blood

The Sisters tanks are... Fantastic! This overly gothic, ostentatious, religious look is so well suited to Sisters. They are going to be so distinct from the Astartes.

I question why you care about Mephiston, since you're a Smurf player, but I'm happy you're excited. ^^

I love the Blood Angels - Dante and Devastation of Baal are two of my favourite BL books. I want to see the faction supported and expanded.

I have to tone down this a little^^. While Dante was great, Devastation of Baal is a good book but not on the level of the event it depict. Not only it would have required several novels to covers the events, but also, Guy Haley suffer of "miniature range restriction" which cause him to skip large part of the Astartes potential and also prevent him to, well, add things by himself. (Devastation of Baal is a good book, with good ideas, but it suffers from many flaws, and because of this, it look like it did been rushed, pushed by marketing while it would have required far more time to Haley to work all the things.)

You could imagine that, facing the greatest threat ever faced by the Blood Angels and successors since the Horus Heresy, the Blood Angels armoury would be fully opened, but...if you read with attention, it appears kickly that Guy Haley only see units in their most academic presentation, with "Standart Space Marines", "Dreadnought", "Thunderhawk"...etc, nowhere you will find mention of let say, the awakening of ancient heroes in their Comtemptor dreadnought, the venerable Sicaran tanks, the dreaded Fellblade tanks....etc, and don't even mention the Space Marine fleet whose inspiration is stricly following the Battlefleet Gothic datasheets. Guy Haley is a Codex adherent, that is his main flaw as a 40k Author.

But....looking a Mephiston, in Devastation of Baal, luckily his depiction, and that of his actions is on the level of what was awaited. It was good, most if not all the Mephiston moments are good in my opinion.

• Sandlemad likes this

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon. That is the difference between I and you."

++ Rorschak, First Blade of the Knights of Blood during his Forum Judicium Trial in 849.M40 following the chapter excommunication by the High Lords of Terra ++

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 531 posts

He can still go in thunderhawks

I stand corrected.

Primaris models may go inside Thunderhawks if only Primaris do, no mix and match. Thunderhawk Transporters can’t take Primaris at all, but the Stormbird can take anything it wants.

Jesus Christ GW if you’re gonna be obnoxious :cussbags about Primaris/Firstborn in transports at least be consistent obnoxious :cussbags.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts

I have to tone down this a little^^. While Dante was great, Devastation of Baal is a good book but not on the level of the event it depict. Not only it would have required several novels to covers the events, but also, Guy Haley suffer of "miniature range restriction" which cause him to skip large part of the Astartes potential and also prevent him to, well, add things by himself. (Devastation of Baal is a good book, with good ideas, but it suffers from many flaws, and because of this, it look like it did been rushed, pushed by marketing while it would have required far more time to Haley to work all the things.)

You could imagine that, facing the greatest threat ever faced by the Blood Angels and successors since the Horus Heresy, the Blood Angels armoury would be fully opened, but...if you read with attention, it appears kickly that Guy Haley only see units in their most academic presentation, with "Standart Space Marines", "Dreadnought", "Thunderhawk"...etc, nowhere you will find mention of let say, the awakening of ancient heroes in their Comtemptor dreadnought, the venerable Sicaran tanks, the dreaded Fellblade tanks....etc, and don't even mention the Space Marine fleet whose inspiration is stricly following the Battlefleet Gothic datasheets. Guy Haley is a Codex adherent, that is his main flaw as a 40k Author.

But....looking a Mephiston, in Devastation of Baal, luckily his depiction, and that of his actions is on the level of what was awaited. It was good, most if not all the Mephiston moments are good in my opinion.

Well first of all, he said it is one of his favourites, not one of the best books in the black library in general. So no need to tone anything down there. Secondly the book has its issues, like most of the BL books, but the amount of units named is a really weird thing to nitpick. I would have been really annoyed if Haley were to go through the list of available units and name dropped them all. Thanks, I know which units we can use, no need to have them listed in a novel. That being said he even had them use things that don't have any unit representation in the game and haven't been mention for ages like the Marines fallen to and mutated by the Red Thirst.

Edited by sfPanzer, 07 November 2019 - 04:02 AM.

• Blindhamster, fire golem and pandion40 like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,902 posts

Well first of all, he said it is one of his favourites, not one of the best books in the black library in general. So no need to tone anything down there. Secondly the book has its issues, like most of the BL books, but the amount of units named is a really weird thing to nitpick. I would have been really annoyed if Haley were to go through the list of available units and name dropped them all. Thanks, I know which units we can use, no need to have them listed in a novel. That being said he even had them use things that don't have any unit representation in the game and haven't been mention for ages like the Marines fallen to and mutated by the Red Thirst.

Couldn't agree more

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,484 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Or you know, you just have a different interpretation of the setting. Yes the odd relic weapon would make sense but the Forgeworld Relic rules aren't a statement of canon, they're just an excuse to sell kits more a statement that its not the rules writers job to "say no" to someone wanting to spend £189. Just because you can legally take a Fellblade of any chapter onto a tabletop doesn't mean that chapter actually has a Fellblade to field in a novel. Or maybe it has a Fellblade but they just aren't actually very efficient so in a really desperate situation its better to decommission the relics and loot them for parts or get the crews and engineers to work on something else.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 07 November 2019 - 08:30 AM.

• Felix Antipodes, Irbis and Shinespider like this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,672 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
It could also be that the machine spirit(s) in any given relic equipment might be extra cantankerous and only "feel like it" every now and then, and between these times, it's basically impossible for the Tech adepts of the Chapter to get the equipment moving. A less "mystical" answer about the tech involved might be that critical component may have a short, and so due to differences in the bodies of a given Techpriest, Chapter serf, or Techmarine, the drumming on the body or components that are part of the ritual awakening rites (read: percussive maintenance), the short isn't bridged or moved enough such that the necessary electrical conduction does or doesn't happen. Or the mystical unguents haven't built up enough leaking into the equipment to bridge a gap in an electrical system, allowing the necessary electron flow, or not enough WD-40 was applied, so a sticking component won't move, or too much was applied and it attracted too much dirt, which is causing it to stick.

It's important to remember that not everything is known about this equipment any more, so things can't be perfectly maintained, and not everything is available just because it's "the most desperate hour." There's nothing "Codex adherent" about that, it's simply correctly understanding the setting.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,919 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Let's bring this back to Mephiston.
  • Juggernut and Panzer like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,902 posts
Black library event confirmed he is now primaris. Something serious happens in the new novels coming out that necessitates both that and some other change to the chapter.
  • Triszin, Juggernut, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,682 posts

Black library event confirmed he is now primaris. Something serious happens in the new novels coming out that necessitates both that and some other change to the chapter.

Oh?

Maybe he enters the black coffin again and starts to die? So they panic and put him in the primaris surgery?
banana

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users