Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Mephiston

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
Asked my FLGS to reserve one for me. Meph is looking like a fun painting project.

Edited by Fulkes, 21 November 2019 - 01:58 AM.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,110 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

ermm.gif ... i won't be doing yellow cabling,even though i have a good stock of yellows..tongue.png  ...

tehee , Mithril

• Bryan Blaire, Fulkes and Indefragable like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,498 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Love this mini... can’t wait to paint him !
  • mithrilforge and Fulkes like this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 966 posts

The yellow tubing is exactly the kind of thing that takes me out of it and reminds me that GW pushes paint as well. You just know some soulless suit at the top was like “we need to sell more Flash Gitz Yellow. The new hit model has something noticeable in that color or you’re fired.”

Are you serious? Because if you are, I think you should rethink this.
Even if you accept the idea that GW is an evil corporation who does everything to be evil, companies simply don't work that way.

It's a throwback to the old BA mode of painting (and I certainly wouldn't recommend yellow to go with red, personally, but that's another story). 

• Fulkes and Son of Sacrifice like this

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

The yellow tubing is exactly the kind of thing that takes me out of it and reminds me that GW pushes paint as well. You just know some soulless suit at the top was like “we need to sell more Flash Gitz Yellow. The new hit model has something noticeable in that color or you’re fired.”

Are you serious? Because if you are, I think you should rethink this.
Even if you accept the idea that GW is an evil corporation who does everything to be evil, companies simply don't work that way.

It's a throwback to the old BA mode of painting (and I certainly wouldn't recommend yellow to go with red, personally, but that's another story).
They also used the yellow on the Primaris Librarian model and Tigirius so it seems to be their way of marking out Primaris psykers.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,612 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Screenshot from the video showing the alternate pose - he actually looks like he's sneezing 

-Ran

https://www.youtube....h?v=RWWHVFyk6dg

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Avenge me Brother, AVENGE ME!!!'' *pffft* - Unknown Black Templar, cleansing of the Furry homeworld

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,309 posts

Isn't the yellow cabling a throwback to his original 2nd ed paintscheme?

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 566 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists, Blood Angels

The plasma pistol hand saved the mini for me, but i'm glad that both sides got what they wanted. If I ever pick up the model I still think i'll end up doing some chopping but my focus is in other places right now so that's a ways off.

• Karhedron likes this

gallery_48988_15465_10130.png gallery_45765_11565_21922.png

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,205 posts

i'm going to ruin the alternate pose for everyone!

Why is he sniffing his finger.... oh.... oh GAWD....

Can't unsee.

Because he's just scritch scratched his behind.

That's it next time my Mum tells me off for scratchin me :cuss at KMart and sniffin me finger I'm gonna say "If it's good enough for the Lord if Death, it's good enough for me".
  • Zephaniah Adriyen likes this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

appiah5

appiah5

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,130 posts
Between this and the IF captain GW are starting to get my attention with the Primaris line.

"Death before dishonor, nothing before coffee!"

gallery_60983_8363_3386.jpg

My Blood Angels Oldmarines

My Mantis Warriors Kill Team

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

That is a big plasma pistol. It looks like it has a some revolver-chamber. 

And I assume that Mephison has the power of situational awareness, because looking over his shoulder seems harder than for the average marine (and that is saying something).

• Zebulon likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,205 posts
I feel the same, but replace the Fist with the Sally. Mind you I love the BA, DA and SW primaris lieutenants also.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,309 posts

It's the standard Primaris plasma pistol design

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 894 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

every primaris weapon seems to have that "revolver" part you mention. It´s Cawls design

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

I see. I am not a fan; they look big enough to be a submachine gun instead of a pistol, with the center-of-mass much too far in front of the hand instead of above it.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,309 posts

every primaris weapon seems to have that "revolver" part you mention. It´s Cawls design

All primaris plasma weapons, auto bolt rifles and assault bolters, anyway. 

Edited by Reinhard, 21 November 2019 - 10:12 AM.

Grand Master Laertes

Grand Master Laertes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
  • Faction: Incaladion Adeptus Mechanicus

Isn't the yellow cabling a throwback to his original 2nd ed paintscheme?

Yes it is. I still remember its picture on my old 2nd edition manuals

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,590 posts
  • Faction: Orks!

We gots us a Datasheet, y'all:

73523545_3024473684247848_48271721555296

• mithrilforge and Fulkes like this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,693 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Looks like the only changes are the usual +1 wound and attack from being the Primaris upgrade, unless I'm missing something?

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Looks like the only changes are the usual +1 wound and attack from being the Primaris upgrade, unless I'm missing something?

Those are the only substantial changes, yes.

He also got the Angels of Death rule (Lemartes and Astorath got it too) instead of just having Shock Assault errata'd in, and he got the proper Chief Librarian keyword

• Marshal Loss likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,981 posts
Because hey, Mephiston dying from an overloaded Plasma Pistol makes sense!
  • Gederas likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,398 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
...don't overload it? Even if it did a wound I still wouldn't do it on this model, he needs to be tip top.

Edited by Ishagu, 21 November 2019 - 01:46 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Karhedron, 01RTB01 and 1 other like this

-~Ishagu~-

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,013 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
His 5+++ would help with the pistol. I feel like it should have been made a 4+++ but If he doesnt change point cost, he is still decent

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,205 posts
Doesn't his 5+++ give him a chance to save himself if his PP overheats. Could be wrong, still wouldn't risk it though regardless.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 21 November 2019 - 01:54 PM.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 894 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

All primaris plasma weapons, auto bolt rifles and assault bolters, anyway. 

aswell as eliminators rifles, redemptor dreadnought weapons and adrax agatones hand flamer. Maybe it´s certain type of weapon or tech that gets this "revolver" part of sorts?

Considering Mephs plasma though, it seems to have rail over that part and doesn´t contain that flamer pilot light styled front like we seen on primaris now.

Edited by Jukkiz, 21 November 2019 - 01:56 PM.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users