Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Mephiston

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

The 5+++ would only help if the Plasmapistol would deal a mortal wound. Unfortunately it just destroys him completely lol

• Karhedron likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 644 posts
So, assuming this is straight from the PA3 book.

The Angels of Death rule has the brackets telling you it’s on (pg.34). So we can assume it’s covered in the supplement and possibly being added to additional BA data sheets.

For his psychic powers, it says see Codex: Blood Angels. Which means the Sanguinary powers are not inside the supplement.

So what I’m guessing we will see for BA in the supplement are Doctrine rules of some kind, since those are tied to the Angels of Death rule.

What I don’t think we will see is a new psychic tree or any changes to the existing one BA have.

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

every primaris weapon seems to have that "revolver" part you mention. It´s Cawls design

All primaris plasma weapons, auto bolt rifles and assault bolters, anyway.
aswell as eliminators rifles, redemptor dreadnought weapons and adrax agatones hand flamer. Maybe it´s certain type of weapon or tech that gets this "revolver" part of sorts?

Considering Mephs plasma though, it seems to have rail over that part and doesn´t contain that flamer pilot light styled front like we seen on primaris now.

It’s literally the same plasma pistol as the limited captain with powerfist and the Left hand bionic one from the Hellblaster kit. Plasma has never had a pilot light, apart from the new cypher model.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,590 posts
  • Faction: Orks!

Doesn't his 5+++ give him a chance to save himself if his PP overheats. Could be wrong, still wouldn't risk it though regardless.

Nah, he doesn’t take wounds, he’s destroyed outright. No saves, no nothin’.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

EnsignJoker

EnsignJoker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
Good to see he and Tigurius are on the same level.

I also see the finger smelling thing with the alt pose. I wonder if a slight turn of the head would fix it. Perhaps they simply replaced the arms for the photos and when built specifically, it will look better?

Very cool model regardless. Now just give us all Prima Dante!

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,309 posts

every primaris weapon seems to have that "revolver" part you mention. It´s Cawls design

All primaris plasma weapons, auto bolt rifles and assault bolters, anyway. 

aswell as eliminators rifles, redemptor dreadnought weapons and adrax agatones hand flamer. Maybe it´s certain type of weapon or tech that gets this "revolver" part of sorts?

The eliminators was a good catch and ditto on Agatone. I figured "redemptors" were included on the "all primaris plasma weapons" ;)

The Eliminator case is interesting, because it looks likes they attach their scopes directly onto the part. On auto bolt rifles the part also goes where the other types of bolt rifle puts their scopes, but didn't really put them directly onto it. Weird.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

His 5+++ would help with the pistol. I feel like it should have been made a 4+++ but If he doesnt change point cost, he is still decent

Nope. It would if the pistol did wounds, but instead it yanks him off the table entirely.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,303 posts

His 5+++ would help with the pistol. I feel like it should have been made a 4+++ but If he doesnt change point cost, he is still decent

Nope. It would if the pistol did wounds, but instead it yanks him off the table entirely.

Which is still hilariously stupid imo.

Because how is it that Khârn the Betrayer of all people can manage to fire a supercharged plasma pistol without dying is beyond me. :lol:

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

A little bit surprised they kept 'model slain' thing. It's so silly.

Other than that, he is as I expected, same as before bar Primaris buffs: +1 Attack/Wound.

Also, glad they went for the actual name of the sword.

Imren

Imren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 697 posts
  • Faction: Legio XX

Love the new Mephiston! But the barbs on the sword blade close to the tip not so cool. Cut, milliput and sand.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,590 posts

I do wish that, for Imperial plasma, they’d take things back to 2nd Ed and have supercharge just make the gun unable to fire the next turn.
  • mithrilforge, Domhnall and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

I do wish that, for Imperial plasma, they’d take things back to 2nd Ed and have supercharge just make the gun unable to fire the next turn.

Or supercharge just deals a mortal wound to the user. It'd change nothing (except FNP rolls where applicable) for 1W infantry like Guardsmen and Tacticals, but it'd make a world of difference for, say, Hellblasters, and for Characters.

• Magos Takatus, Black Blow Fly, Domhnall and 1 other like this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,590 posts

Astorath and Lemartes, too, oh my!

76779534_155949972433738_327409012420745

73399837_155949999100402_188340915146850

• Magos Takatus and Zebulon like this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
So something that crossed my mind just recently: on the turn he charges Mephiston wounds anything T9 or less on 2+.

He's a monster.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,749 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

He's a monster.

Given the spoilered material about what’s powering him, that seems absolutely appropriate! :lol:
  • Fulkes likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts

He's a monster.

Given the spoilered material about what’s powering him, that seems absolutely appropriate! :lol:
I'm starting to think he's the closest thing the chapter will get to having Sanguinius back because he wrecks stuff like he's a Primarch.
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,259 posts

Did Mephiston have a master-crafted plasma pistol back in the day? I guess Cawl isn't a master craftmen if his style of plasma pistol can one-shot Mephiston on misfire. tongue.png

It now occurs to me that Cawl should re-brand these new plasma weapons as grenades and just instruct allies to chuck them into the enemy's face instead.

Edited by Magos Takatus, 22 November 2019 - 07:10 AM.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 421 posts
  • Faction: Custodes

Did Mephiston have a master-crafted plasma pistol back in the day? I guess Cawl isn't a master craftmen if his style of plasma pistol can one-shot Mephiston on misfire. tongue.png

It now occurs to me that Cawl should re-brand these new plasma weapons as grenades and just instruct allies to chuck them into the enemy's face instead.

I do not own the Codex Blood Angels so maybe they changed that thing there, but in the index he had a normal plasma pistol even before the primarisation.

XE7g3TN.jpg2NgmmVH.jpgYlmK7vQ.jpgJfEE2FS.jpg

Sabadin

Sabadin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 554 posts

Did Mephiston have a master-crafted plasma pistol back in the day?....

If back in the day means when he first appeared in 2nd Ed, yes, he did. And it didn't blow up in his face either.
  • Magos Takatus and Chronos1985 like this
gallery_48988_15094_2064.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Imagine using the warp to deal 2 damage (smite) to something is more reliable AND safer for you than using some fancy technology ... but not because you are such a beast as a psyker but simply because for some reason the Plasma Pistol is the single most deadly thing in the galaxy if you are holding it in your hand. :D 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,710 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
I am arisen! I feel more powerful than ever… but I could really use a new gun.

Oh, shucks, totally forgot. Tell you what, we’ve got a bin of standard issue Primaris plasma pistols in the corner. None of the lieutenants have taken any. Feel free to grab one on your way out!
  • Dumah, Irbis, Gederas and 3 others like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

One day overcharging plasma will deal mortal wounds, until then...

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,419 posts
With how powerful Meph is it’s probably more destructive and safer for him to throw it the enemy than actually shoot it.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts

Chucking an exploding plasma pistol at the enemy was a thing that popped up in the first Sisters novel....so not exactly a new, or bad, idea.

I think the only Primaris who can take the Plasma Pistol normally are Power Fist Captains and Hellblaster Sergeants.

Well, at least the regular shot on the Plasma Pistol is still decent.

Edited by Fulkes, 22 November 2019 - 06:21 PM.

• Karhedron likes this

EnsignJoker

EnsignJoker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
You could, you know, like, not overcharge the pistol, right?

Or are people just finding something to complain about a long awaited update to a beloved model?
  • mel_danes, Blindhamster, Black Blow Fly and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users