Chaos Desecrator Options

Prot

Hey guys,

I know it's not the most popular Knight Option but I just bought another new Chaos Knight kit and I'm making a Desecrator out of it.

I usually play Iconoclast, and I know partially it's because I'm used to taking that class. But I think in this case I can't see -not- taking the relic gun which allows for a sold 3 shots per turn instead of D3 which is just painful.

I will be using this with my Wardogs for some re roll action as well.

One thing I'm unsure of is the shoulder carapace. I really like to take the Ironstorm, however in my enhanced, digital codex there is no option for it, yet on Battlescribe I see it. Can anyone confirm whether this is a valid option or not?

Anyone running this Knight? Any experiences with it?

The Desecator's options are "do you want Fist or Chainsword?"

It doesn't come with a Carapace weapon in the kit, therefore it doesn't have access to them.

One of the designers confirmed this was intentional, because the Desecrator is actually the Chaos equivalent of the original Knight Paladin, which also didn't come with a carapace weapon, model-wise. Meaning future chaos knight kits most likely will have them as we get chaosy versions of the Warden/Crusader/Gallant etc.

The Desecator's options are "do you want Fist or Chainsword?"

It doesn't come with a Carapace weapon in the kit, therefore it doesn't have access to them.

One of the designers confirmed this was intentional, because the Desecrator is actually the Chaos equivalent of the original Knight Paladin, which also didn't come with a carapace weapon, model-wise. Meaning future chaos knight kits most likely will have them as we get chaosy versions of the Warden/Crusader/Gallant etc.

Just checking. That's what I thought as well, but I also recall the original Knights did not come with a carapace weapon, but sure enough it opened up to them. I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss an update.

What I think would be very cool is if Psychic Awakening opened up a brand new Chaos Knight kit with truly unique weapon choices... not just a chaos Tyrant. Something we haven't seen yet!

Soooooo.... anyone using this puppy?

Edited by Prot

I have one but I've yet to get a game in. I was more disappointed that I couldn't arm it with a Melta Gun.

It's true that the Desecrator gets poopoo'd a lot by folks, but many of them are lost building for competitive play anyhow. I think with the Relic weapon it can do some decent damage. It's not meant to be a frontline world destroying monster, it's meant to build upon the ranged selection and give buffs (albeit minor) to Armigers.

I wouldn't expect anything new in kit form for Chaos Knights. Even if we somehow did get a new kit, I'd expect it to be Chaos versions of the Armigers or the Tyrant, nothing new. We'll probably get new strategems and whatnot, as other armies are also getting. Maybe House rules but even that I'm skeptical about. Despite being initially really hyped about seeing Chaos Knights listed in the preview, I've since tempered my excitement and have decided not to expect much.

I have been thinking similar prot. I do NOT want a "knight army" but I am very much in for a single big Chaos knight anchoring or being the center-piece of a list and collection. I love that idea and it feels like something many Warbands would try to get their hands on in the fluff. Also looks mighty fine next to my Greater Chicken and Magnus himself :wink:

At the VERY most I personally want, Descecrator with Lazer + Relic and 2 helverins. Design the chaos list around that using Daemons/Marines and I think it will perform well on the table and be fairly strong even in a potentially competitive environment (Which I know you are hamstrung on Prot!) Though I admit I intend on magnetizing one of the arms so I can go Rampager OR Desecrator whenever it fancies me. 

The Relic is a requirement however so expect that 1cp spending every time you take it. Then of course you can take the +cp thing they get so it pays for itself if you need to. Not a bad choice! and that relic lazer getting a bead on ANYTHING that is armored will just saw wounds off vehicles or other big units. I think it anchors a chaos list pretty well IMHO. Especially with the Helverins nearby to put out more threat.