Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I wonder what it is like for an opponent

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Captain Antargo

Captain Antargo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

I wonder how an opponent feels when they go up against a Grey knight army, what do you think?

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpg

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,416 posts
  • Faction: Still Undecided

I suppose it depends on the opponent. If we are talking about "The Spider" from Tabletop Tactics? I'm sweating and nervous. If it is Jerry from my LFGS, I try to tone down my army a bit to make it a fun and competitive game.

gallery_45765_12339_7181.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.png
The Argent Fists - Space Marines: Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists

The Moirai - Chaos Knights: Sisters of Fate

Oblivion Hunters - Chaos Space Marines (Renegade White Scars)

Order of the Steel Rose - Sisters of Battle

4th Company - Dark Angels

The Roaring Lions - Ultima Founding Successor that I can use with any ruleset

Iron Hands List Ideas

Short Stories: Brother Ashur

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts

I'm not a GK player, but I've occasionally played against them, so maybe I can give a bit of insight. I played a Chaos vs. Grey Knights all-infantry using Zone Mortalis terrain a bit ago, and I lost. I lost even with some special rules and unique stuff going on we were doing just for that game. I had just started to bring Daemon units, and I focused down Kaldor Draigo. He played the objective and won by a massive amount.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,163 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I miss the dread and excitement of facing down 5th ed GKcry.gif  Back in the day at the old LGS, there were three WAAC GK players with 11/10 paint job armies + conversions, they were basically the pillar men from JoJo, THE POWER. 

• Corvus Fortis and Zephaniah Adriyen like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts

I miss the dread and excitement of facing down 5th ed GKcry.gif  Back in the day at the old LGS, there were three WAAC GK players with 11/10 paint job armies + conversions, they were basically the pillar men from JoJo, THE POWER. 

Wouldn't that be Custodes players, though? msn-wink.gif

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,163 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I miss the dread and excitement of facing down 5th ed GK:cry:  Back in the day at the old LGS, there were three WAAC GK players with 11/10 paint job armies + conversions, they were basically the pillar men from JoJo, THE POWER.

Wouldn't that be Custodes players, though? ;)

5th ed GK were basically silver custodes back then IMHO. ;)
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,410 posts

"Oh hey, easy win for me. Nice."

:P

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts

"So this is what it feels like to play Eld-, er, Aeldari."

techsoldaten

techsoldaten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 524 posts

I get a sense of dread playing against them as Chaos.

There's 2 people at my FLGS who play Grey Knights regularly. Sometimes I flatten them, other times, it's a grind.

Some objectives are just hard to score against GKs. Overwhelming Firepower always comes the turn after I needed it, Psychological Warfare never happens because of denials, there's nothing there for Big Game Hunter, etc. Low model count becomes a strength when half your army has nothing to shoot.

And try clearing Terminators off an objective when you need it.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,398 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

As a sisters player... feel like an even match... :)

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

Ichar

Ichar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

As a sisters player... feel like an even match... :)

Not for long. What, 3 weeks and the Sisters will get a new Codex and models? Given how GW likes to sell models by making the latest and greatest very, very powerful / good, then SoB will be in good shape shortly. Don’t get me wrong, I am hoping that they will be super good. One of my best friends plays SOB, and he is as faithful to them as they are to the Emperor. I also have hope that if the SoB are good, maybe all of the Ordo troops will see improvements in short order, especially my beloved Grey Knights 😬

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,398 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Not for long. What, 3 weeks and the Sisters will get a new Codex and models? Given how GW likes to sell models by making the latest and greatest very, very powerful / good, then SoB will be in good shape shortly. Don’t get me wrong, I am hoping that they will be super good. One of my best friends plays SOB, and he is as faithful to them as they are to the Emperor. I also have hope that if the SoB are good, maybe all of the Ordo troops will see improvements in short order, especially my beloved Grey Knights

Now If I was talking about the other sisterhood*..... then it would be an uphill struggle ....

(*I keep thinking of dabbling in them...)

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

Ichar

Ichar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

Not for long. What, 3 weeks and the Sisters will get a new Codex and models? Given how GW likes to sell models by making the latest and greatest very, very powerful / good, then SoB will be in good shape shortly. Don’t get me wrong, I am hoping that they will be super good. One of my best friends plays SOB, and he is as faithful to them as they are to the Emperor. I also have hope that if the SoB are good, maybe all of the Ordo troops will see improvements in short order, especially my beloved Grey Knights

Now If I was talking about the other sisterhood*..... then it would be an uphill struggle ....

(*I keep thinking of dabbling in them...)

Lol. Fair enough 🙂

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,311 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
I imagine it's like going up against somebody who runs around in Call of Duty 2019 and doesn't camp in a building like a son of Dorn.
  • Captain Antargo likes this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users