From Golden Light they Come - Gil's painting blog

-- Gil's Custodes --

I've been working hard on my custodes and wanted to share the beginnings of my army with you. I've always loved custodes (even had some kit bashed ones made from Sanguinary Guard back in the day) and the chance to have a whole army appealed. Wanted to get them table top ready but looking good.

Starting with Ixion Hale and Some Wardens

Ixion Hale

Ixion Hale and wardens

(I know, I know, he has a bionic eye and they all become watchers, he looks cool).

Warden Captain

Wardens

Thoughts and critique welcome, I'll be adding to them as I go. Currently painting up a whole host to go with them.

- Gil

Beautiful work.

Thanks!

They look great I really like how you painted the axes that blue is really cool!

Thank you very much, slowly built up over other armies. The one unifying thing across all races (be it Eldar, Tau, Space Marines, Grey Knights and now custodes), gives some sense of continuity! 

Looks great, I ran out of likes for the day otherwise you would get one :wink:

Hah, thanks mate, i've been gone from the forums so long didn't even know you could like posts!

Love that Ixion Hale mini, great work on his face by the way.

Are you mainly playing 30k?

Thanks mate, I hate faces so I was happy Ixion Hale came out so well - the miniature has a lot of depth compared to most faces so that helps.

To be honest i'm more of a modeller than a gamer so it's not really focussed on either 30 or 40k - just painting miniatures I like. In my head i'm imagining it as a 40k timeline in which the the Primarchs are back.

• 2 months later...

Valdor

Another Custodes joins the host... and this one is pretty important. Valdor, spear of the Emperor.

Loved the underlying sculpt but felt it needed some changes. Didn’t like the angles of the bare head with the eagle so a new helmet created and new pauldron added. Also changed the scroll to an arm holding a misercordia. It’s not perfect yet... but he’ll do for now.

:happy.: - Gil