Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

From Golden Light they Come - Gil's painting blog

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

gil galed

gil galed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts
  • Faction: Night Scorpions, Space Marines
-- Gil's Custodes --

I've been working hard on my custodes and wanted to share the beginnings of my army with you. I've always loved custodes (even had some kit bashed ones made from Sanguinary Guard back in the day) and the chance to have a whole army appealed. Wanted to get them table top ready but looking good.

Starting with Ixion Hale and Some Wardens

Ixion Hale

Ixion Hale and wardens

(I know, I know, he has a bionic eye and they all become watchers, he looks cool).
Warden Captain

Wardens

Thoughts and critique welcome, I'll be adding to them as I go. Currently painting up a whole host to go with them.

- Gil

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, Black Blow Fly, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,481 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Beautiful work.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,368 posts

They look great I really like how you painted the axes that blue is really cool!

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

gil galed

gil galed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts

Beautiful work.

Thanks!

They look great I really like how you painted the axes that blue is really cool!

Thank you very much, slowly built up over other armies. The one unifying thing across all races (be it Eldar, Tau, Space Marines, Grey Knights and now custodes), gives some sense of continuity! 

• Kolgrim DeathHowl likes this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,395 posts
These look great can't wait to see more :tu:

gil galed

gil galed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts

Rogal Dorn joins the fray. 

Lord Rogal Dorn

I need to work on his cape, planning on adding a bit more free hand but he's not bad for now :) 

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, Bjorn Firewalker, Aothaine and 1 other like this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,368 posts

Looks great, I ran out of likes for the day otherwise you would get one ;)

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

ZaelART

ZaelART

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
Love that Ixion Hale mini, great work on his face by the way.

Are you mainly playing 30k?

gil galed

gil galed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts

Looks great, I ran out of likes for the day otherwise you would get one msn-wink.gif

Hah, thanks mate, i've been gone from the forums so long didn't even know you could like posts!

Love that Ixion Hale mini, great work on his face by the way.

Are you mainly playing 30k?

Thanks mate, I hate faces so I was happy Ixion Hale came out so well - the miniature has a lot of depth compared to most faces so that helps.

To be honest i'm more of a modeller than a gamer so it's not really focussed on either 30 or 40k - just painting miniatures I like. In my head i'm imagining it as a 40k timeline in which the the Primarchs are back.

• Kolgrim DeathHowl likes this

gil galed

gil galed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts
Valdor

Another Custodes joins the host... and this one is pretty important. Valdor, spear of the Emperor.

Loved the underlying sculpt but felt it needed some changes. Didn’t like the angles of the bare head with the eagle so a new helmet created and new pauldron added. Also changed the scroll to an arm holding a misercordia. It’s not perfect yet... but he’ll do for now.

happy.png - Gil

• Bjorn Firewalker, Aothaine, duz_ and 1 other like this

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,091 posts
  • Faction: All of them?

I love the Stormcast head on Valdor.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,481 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on Valdor.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users