Successor Chapter rules query

Knoffles

Minorly hijacking here, but I figured it'd be best to post in here to ask:

Say I have 1 detachment of a First Founding chapter (ex. Salamanders), and 1 detachment of a Successor Chapter using the Salamanders as their ancestor (so access to their supplement). Do they both still have access to the super doctrine from that supplement, or do they lose it since they don't all share the same keyword?

They lose it. The flip side is you gain the ability to have the successor detachment use successor chapter tactics. That being said, I imagine most people would not mind house-ruling it to keep the super doctrine if the army is First Founding and Inheritors of the Primarch.

Minorly hijacking here, but I figured it'd be best to post in here to ask:

Say I have 1 detachment of a First Founding chapter (ex. Salamanders), and 1 detachment of a Successor Chapter using the Salamanders as their ancestor (so access to their supplement). Do they both still have access to the super doctrine from that supplement, or do they lose it since they don't all share the same keyword?

Pretty sure all first founding doctrines specifically say that all units are from the same <CHAPTER>, not just share the same lineage...

Am I right in thinking that if I want to pick two Successor Chapter tactics then I can't access any of the first founding chapters special rules? I just pick two tactics and have access to all the basic stuff in the space marines codex only?

I thought I had this straight in my mind but keep seeing stuff all over the web of people claiming you get to use the suppliments as well.

Am I right in thinking that if I want to pick two Successor Chapter tactics then I can't access any of the first founding chapters special rules? I just pick two tactics and have access to all the basic stuff in the space marines codex only?

I thought I had this straight in my mind but keep seeing stuff all over the web of people claiming you get to use the suppliments as well.

Yes, you can. You just don't get the special characters.

If you choose to be a Successor, you get no access to Characters, and no native access to the Chapter Relic list, but full access to Special-Issue Wargear, Relics, Stratagems, Psychic Powers, Warlord Traits, Objectives, and Doctrine Bonus.

As a Successor, you can choose between picking your own Tactics entirely, or choosing to be an Inheritor of whichever Primarch you're descended from, at which point you get the Chapters unique Tactic that cannot be fully copied via the Successor Tactics, but still lack access to the Characters and have to use a Stratagem to access the Chapter Relics.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion