Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Start of Death Guard, first couple of WIPs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 636 posts

I've been looking at Death Guard for a while and have decieded to take the plunge and start an army. Looking through the schemes that are in the codex I didn't really like any of them so decided to try my own which left me with this guy:

49020928716_52e9a36096_c.jpgIMG_20191105_221323

49021127992_3c142639ce_c.jpgIMG_20191105_221327

Still WIP but this really clicked with me and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. Having played Iron Hands for quite a while now, I'm looking forward to playing an army that is more striped back and relies on the army itself than stratagems and Chapter Tactics.

So far I have: 2 7 man Plague marine squads

1 5 man squad

1 Lord of Contagion

1 Bloat Drone

1 Blight Hauler

I think my general idea with this army is a Rhino rush with a limited amount of pox walkers (really not a huge fan of the models so may use AoS ghouls as replacements) and mostly plague marines doing the ground work. I'm not too sure what to call this warband yet but I'm sure it'll come to me as I get deeper into this. C&C and tips are most welcome biggrin.png

Edited by TrawlingCleaner, 08 November 2019 - 07:52 AM.

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, Azekai, Aothaine and 1 other like this

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 636 posts

Just a small update, I tried a different way of painting orange, but I'm not such a big fan of this way of doing it, it's not quite finished yet but I think I prefer the first.

49021128017_de143c5a9b_c.jpgIMG_20191105_221340

• brother_b likes this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 568 posts

Looking good so far I dig the color!

• TrawlingCleaner likes this

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 636 posts

Looking good so far I dig the color!

Thanks Kolgrim! Much appreciated biggrin.png

• Kolgrim DeathHowl likes this

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,924 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

Looking forward to more ochre plague marines!

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,416 posts
  • Faction: Still Undecided

Looking really good! Love the orange-flesh color. What are you going to do for the base? I think what you decide for the base is what is going to make the orange really pop. :D

gallery_45765_12339_7181.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.png
The Argent Fists - Space Marines: Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists

The Moirai - Chaos Knights: Sisters of Fate

Oblivion Hunters - Chaos Space Marines (Renegade White Scars)

Order of the Steel Rose - Sisters of Battle

4th Company - Dark Angels

The Roaring Lions - Ultima Founding Successor that I can use with any ruleset

Iron Hands List Ideas

Short Stories: Brother Ashur

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

I really like the orangey brown colour - only thing I'm not sold on is the leadbelcher on the back of the legs.

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 636 posts

Looking forward to more ochre plague marines!

Thanks man!

Looking really good! Love the orange-flesh color. What are you going to do for the base? I think what you decide for the base is what is going to make the orange really pop. biggrin.png

I think I'm just going to go for a drag looking base, maybe Astrogranite? IMO the base should be drab and the model should do the popping biggrin.png

I really like the orangey brown colour - only thing I'm not sold on is the leadbelcher on the back of the legs.

Thanks Dr, I think it works for me because it breaks up the orange a bit and makes sense in-universe wise. I may add some Nihlik (?) oxide to the rivets and gaps on the back.

No hobby updates yet as I've been busy building the reinforcements but I now have:

2 7 man squads with 2 plasma and a blight launcher each

1 5 man with 2 plasma

1 7 man with 2 flails, 4 axes and a sergent with plasma and balesword

1 Bloat drone

1 Blight Hauler

1 Lord of Contagion

1 Tallyman

1 Plague Surgeon

1 Biologus

3 Rhinos from a previous Chaos project

I played my first 2 games with them yesterday and had an absolute blast. The first game was against salamanders at 750 pts, I got stomped but it was a very enjoyable game with my melee squad getting shot to pieces after demolishing a ven dred. The lord of contagion is an absolute beast when you get him in and it's only a shame he doesn't give a re-roll aura but I guess he's a beat-stick rather than a force multiplier. My second game was against 'nids and it was ridiculously close, with my melee marines making their points back at least 3 times over killing a swarmlord, broodlord, 14 genestealers and 15 termigaunts mostly with mortal wounds mind you, from the blades of putrification power.

As I was proxying a plaguecaster for both games (as I really don't like the offical model), I need to convert one I have some ideas for it using the lord discordant model and some other bits but I'll see how that goes. Flails are horrendous and I need more eventually whistling.gif

Wolf Lord Loki

Wolf Lord Loki

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 780 posts

I think I'm just going to go for a DRAG looking base, maybe Astrogranite?

You mean too much make-up and loads of glitter?? 😂
Battle Tracker for my White Scars (Swindon 2008): Games this year 5 - Wins 2, Losses 2, Draws 1

Opponents:
Grey Knights 0/ 1/ 0 Imperial Guard 1/ 0/ 0
Eldar - 0/ 1/ 0 Crimson Fists 0/ 0/ 1
Tau 1/ 0/ 0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users