The Rusted Harvest, Back like a bad smell

TrawlingCleaner

I got this guy totally done over the weekend, although I've misplaced my .22 casings in my move so I can't add some to the base:

ud3nHfS.jpg

q2EQxiW.jpg

k2ZMfrN.jpg

S9e1Hht.jpg

gpgoHvZ.jpg

ZiTUjMG.jpg

CspMuQt.jpg

I've got a couple more Blightlords on the go, then I've got another drone to do. After this I've still got 14 Plaguemarines to do (this would actually bring me up to 49 PMs or 7x7), a couple of characters, a couple of Scuttlebugs and 40 Pox walkers. In the grand scheme of things: Not a lot :sweat:

7 Squads gives me:

3 combat squads all loaded out with Axes and knives, 2 flails and a Powerfist on the Champion

3 shooting squads with bolters, 2 Launchers and a Plasma gun on the Champion

1 shooting squad with bolters, 2 Plasma guns and a Plasma gun on the Champion

With the leaks of the Plague Marines going up to 2 A base, I think axes are definitely a worth while points sink and with having the extra knife attack won't go amiss. Blight Launchers are seeing a good bump to the reliablity of their damage so having 6 floating about in a list can really put the hurt on marines and light vehicles. I'm really pumped for the new codex! :biggrin.:

For me personally, I'd prefer to put a few more points into already very expensive models for them to reliably do more damage especially the combat squad. In my experience (which is likley different from yours) Axes and knives needs less baby sitting/buffs to get through Primaris and the like than knives/bolters do. If the axes are babysat/buffed they regularly wipe Intercessor squads. For me, an extra 20 points worth of axes so that I can predator missile them into something tasty and be more likely to kill what they hit is more beneficial than an extra dude.

10 points for plasma is also a no brainer for a squad that just wants to shoot, although I regularily roll 1s to hit :teehee:

This is all what my meta is like and my own experiences, one of the wonderful things about 40k is most players experiences widley varies :biggrin.:

Of course this is likely to change with the codex and I may have made a mistake with all of my combat boys having axes :whistling:

That's true, plague marines are already an expensive troop. About to be even more expensive with the extra wound and attack. My melee squad was mostly for the grenade shenanigans, the flails were just the cleanup. I might make a couple axe models to throw in the mix. I feel death guard excel at fighting other melee, because of their shorter range and surprising decent melee themselves. My main opponent is my brother who is usually playing his admech, and in 8th I was getting shot off the table before getting into charge range so my experience with melee plague marines is limited and not good haha.

I was always a little iffy about the plasma. If they keep DR 5+++, with T5 DR 2W and 2 attacks plague marines will be the most expensive marine troop baring maybe the new heavy Primaris and the terminator ones for GK/custodes. I would get heartburn rolling a 1 and killing off my own 20+pts 2W model hahaha. And now they don't get rapid fire at 18" either, so that's a bummer.

I don't usually run alot of marines though. Usually 3 squads. Mostly run Daemon engines, so that part of my list is loving the changes. 3+ bs is sooooo nice. You get alot of compliments for the orange paint scheme? It's so different and will pop on alot of tables.

Oh man! That purple skin on the blight drones... I don’t know how I feel about that color. But it looks good on your :cuss. Awesome models.

Also, I love your squad set up. 7 squads pleases papa Nurgle. Only thought I have is what about melta guns? I’m not good with meta, so I don’t know how good they are. But wouldn’t at least one be good? Maybe just from a lore standpoint?

Oh man. And those pustules! Amazing job painting those. They look awesome! The blend between the purple red and yellow. I wish I could paint that well!

That's true, plague marines are already an expensive troop. About to be even more expensive with the extra wound and attack. My melee squad was mostly for the grenade shenanigans, the flails were just the cleanup. I might make a couple axe models to throw in the mix. I feel death guard excel at fighting other melee, because of their shorter range and surprising decent melee themselves. My main opponent is my brother who is usually playing his admech, and in 8th I was getting shot off the table before getting into charge range so my experience with melee plague marines is limited and not good haha.

I was always a little iffy about the plasma. If they keep DR 5+++, with T5 DR 2W and 2 attacks plague marines will be the most expensive marine troop baring maybe the new heavy Primaris and the terminator ones for GK/custodes. I would get heartburn rolling a 1 and killing off my own 20+pts 2W model hahaha. And now they don't get rapid fire at 18" either, so that's a bummer.

I don't usually run alot of marines though. Usually 3 squads. Mostly run Daemon engines, so that part of my list is loving the changes. 3+ bs is sooooo nice. You get alot of compliments for the orange paint scheme? It's so different and will pop on alot of tables.

DG really do excel at melee in my experience, they absolutely bully out weaker armies and tarpit armies that also excel at melee especially other marines. Plasma is getting a boost which means it's unmodified 1s which is nice but as you say, they're going up to 20+ points. I'll have to see how it goes but I might swap their guns out either for barebones or maybe a powerfist. I always run at least 3 squads of Plague marines (minimum of 21 models), I personally never run more Pox Walkers than PM, even in competitive games. It's just a personal preference for me, PM are why I play the army :biggrin.:

I do get some looks, I get a lot of "But why?!" or "Are they Pumpkin marines?". I'm the first to admit that it's an incredibly niche scheme that's definitely not to everyone's tastes but they're probably my favourite army and the paint scheme I like to paint most :wub:

Oh man! That purple skin on the blight drones... I don’t know how I feel about that color. But it looks good on your :censored:. Awesome models.

Also, I love your squad set up. 7 squads pleases papa Nurgle. Only thought I have is what about melta guns? I’m not good with meta, so I don’t know how good they are. But wouldn’t at least one be good? Maybe just from a lore standpoint?

Oh man. And those pustules! Amazing job painting those. They look awesome! The blend between the purple red and yellow. I wish I could paint that well!

Thank Tango! :happy.:

Melta is not someing I've ever really thought about with DG, previously I had Blight Crawlers to drive around and be mobile AT guns. If I really needed a tank dead the melee squad could be buffed to do the business if needed. With Melta being buffed I still don't think I need them, Crawlers Multi Meltas are now 2 shots each and BS 3 they've got the AT down. Plus Crawlers can now charge a vehicle and ignore the Heavy penalty when shooting in engagement range so they can point blank blast tanks if needed. Although in saying all of that, a cheeky melta would be very tasty in a PM squad. It's definitely something to try in the new book! :biggrin.:

With the Pustules all I do is paint the sick, give the pustule and the area around it in Mephiston red, blast all the skin with a wash then dot the top of the mound with Yellow. Nothing too fancy :happy.:

I've slowly been working on a couple of extra terminators, the first is finished and I'm part way through the second:

h0pypMx.jpg

erBTxcB.jpg

iYH4n2N.jpg

8UUl6R5.jpg

Well I like the paint scheme. It's different. There's enough shades of green DG armies out there. Painting is the biggest way of making an army your own!

DG's big downfall as melee is their movement, which is why I said they are a great counter melee team, let the enemy do all the walking to you haha! In the process of making some more rhino's myself now that melee in 9th is much more appealing.

I'm the same way, I love plague marines. I always thought it was silly when someone would post a 2000pts "death guard" army list that had 60 pox walkers and nurgle daemons but no plague marines.

Well I like the paint scheme. It's different. There's enough shades of green DG armies out there. Painting is the biggest way of making an army your own!

DG's big downfall as melee is their movement, which is why I said they are a great counter melee team, let the enemy do all the walking to you haha! In the process of making some more rhino's myself now that melee in 9th is much more appealing.

I'm the same way, I love plague marines. I always thought it was silly when someone would post a 2000pts "death guard" army list that had 60 pox walkers and nurgle daemons but no plague marines.

Thank you Putrid, with the new ignoring movement penalties for DG hopefully we'll get some stratagems to help speed units up just ot surprise opponents! I need to paint some more rhinos, I think they're going to be super important this edition if they also get DR, they're in the money!

I got the second terminator done bringing me up to 7 Blightlord Terminators. I would love 14 though :sweat:

vff6nGQ.jpg

iX7cegt.jpg

ulCBnjX.jpg

I love me some terminators!

HoeigDK.jpg

I also got started on another Foul Blightspawn, I wasn't too sure what the vertical bits were. I started off thinking they were candles but I'm not too sure honestly. went with vertical fungus growths instead

3aGHdP5.jpg

4K28LPN.jpg

Still a ways to go!

• 2 weeks later...

They look great. I especially like the patina on the back of the legs of the axe bloke.

Thank you man! :biggrin.:

I've been busy over the last week or so getting quite a bit done:

I finished the Foul Blightspawn:

A8IJgdu.jpg

9CksqgY.jpg

I got another (3rd) Bloatdrone done:

EjkQJrZ.jpg

see8hZ1.jpg

FzNkEBd.jpg

I also got another 2 Blightcrawlers done too:

rn6Xu0b.jpg

uMiseqK.jpg

kQ90rYN.jpg

Bringing me up to quite a few daemon engines:

1IbCTam.jpg

My favourite of the lot that I painted was this guy:

zWGZrGa.jpg

u7XOhSt.jpg

uJc9CrG.jpg

eThiy9D.jpg

aCZ6h08.jpg

XFtppIG.jpg

agPse20.jpg

DYONZ1h.jpg

I'm working on a daemon prince atm which should be it for this army until the new book and models come out :sweat:

• 3 weeks later...

"The Heralds and their transport are usually the first thing in the Rusted Harvest army to be seen, it is always the first thing to be heard. A Never-born whispering for the opposing force to give in and join the King in Orange for he will make all pain go away with his blessings. The demon's voice is amplified to a nerve-shredding and ear drum breaking point through various fell-speakers. A lone Piper controls the swarms of rats that follow in their wake, with the creatures working their way into army barracks, trench lines and hivecities. Those who have been bitten by said rats soon turn to poxwalkers and shamble along behind the Heralds"

st9mx3z.jpg

ugGZYHY.jpg

5fpISQO.jpg

DT1w48h.jpg

BmykV8x.jpg

Be2Txak.jpg

rzQAcAe.jpg

dvw3eAC.jpg

B1GmUp4.jpg

aGOOZOZ.jpg

rBwE8AF.jpg

1j0cn4w.jpg

"The Hangmen are The King in Orange's executioner's. Dour, brutal and efficient they are always the first to to the fray, preferring brutal displays of violence to crush the enemies moral which in many ways is mirrored in their transport. The ghostly form of their nickname pushes it's way out of the transport, assisting the squad in their duty"

lLbY8tM.jpg

NOUMRB2.jpg

uiBp6sb.jpg

1Ab8Y5a.jpg

DoPMMru.jpg

odubZmr.jpg

E0uMLxb.jpg

nWpgJuh.jpg

R3emz5b.jpg

i5hsqh0.jpg

fcgIURg.jpg

TxJy99W.jpg

WY5260S.jpg

hAosZIR.jpg

Onto painting these guys up!

• 3 weeks later...

Best converted DG rhinos I've seen.

Awesome conversions!

Thank you dudes, very kind! :biggrin.:

It's been a bit more of quiet month for my hobby side of things but I got: the Rhinoes finished, 3 characters converted up and the Lord of Virulence painted.

The Heralds' Rhino:

vba165f.jpg

BtZ18j5.jpg

QBarZiF.jpg

rYGlcU4.jpg

rVR6for.jpg

yqlxXjp.jpg

HUpiFFb.jpg

PA5b4PP.jpg

WW1D7g6.jpg

The Piper
awE6TBT.jpg

The Hangmen's Transport

dLyWBXp.jpg

M42NCab.jpg

hQnRXnl.jpg

RgQu19G.jpg

Vfs0E5j.jpg

KufAura.jpg

jYAJTj2.jpg

My favourite part of the two models is definitely this Nurgling: "Drive me closer, I want to hit the with my sword!

2F7uae1.jpg
dAyZIVq.jpg

I've shamelessly converted up a Plague Surgeon now they've actually got a use, as well as  a Sorcerer and a Lord

eQgL08j.jpg
Edited by TrawlingCleaner

I painted up the Lord of Virulence too, I tried to make his wings match Morty's colours too:

"Dreggh, Lord of Virulence and Commander of King's guard. A hulking warrior even for those blessed by the King in Orange, able to wield a twin barrelled Plague Spewer that most Astartes struggle to handle"

cDG6hen.jpg

TQpm1p8.jpg

oAw4Hha.jpg

wCNguQ7.jpg

YJ30HtW.jpg

EwEnRbT.jpg

Working on the Surgeon at the moment and should have some WIPs up soon

I like the LoV. The fist being darker than the rest of him looks cool. I haven't got around to painting mine yet, now that I saw his rules and how he doesn't actually buff Daemon engines, and how we can only have one lord per Detatchment makes me not in a hurry haha. He's such a cool looking model though, I'll get around to him eventually.

I like the LoV. The fist being darker than the rest of him looks cool. I haven't got around to painting mine yet, now that I saw his rules and how he doesn't actually buff Daemon engines, and how we can only have one lord per Detatchment makes me not in a hurry haha. He's such a cool looking model though, I'll get around to him eventually.

Thank you dude, it is a bit of a letdown that he's pretty meh. The flamer and fist are definitely very spooky though, I'll definitely give him a go.

"Lolek, the King's Physician, the only living being to be allowed to treat the King in Orange. His vicious medical tools are also made of the same Obsidian that the rest of the Rusted Harvest use to make their weapons"

I shamelessly made the Surgeon now it's actually got a use, plus Bile is such a rad model:

quXofDS.jpg

hx3pogj.jpg

Q72E574.jpg

lmMBc6M.jpg

1uW1ufE.jpg

HMqXxZK.jpg

0N7rju2.jpg

QM9UxUY.jpg

TaLGxpe.jpg

d7Jyhzm.jpg

Edited by TrawlingCleaner