49458810842_91e76e9eb2_c.jpgIMG_20200128_213935

49458101888_4bb1a5104a_c.jpgIMG_20200128_215951

49458101758_5c34d25673_c.jpgIMG_20200128_220001

49458101613_189a6e1013_c.jpgIMG_20200128_220016

49458101473_fb49c985fe_c.jpgIMG_20200128_220033

49458101373_0edbd1acb7_c.jpgIMG_20200128_220050

49458101103_86d82b3098_c.jpgIMG_20200128_220139

49458809857_c97d7af7f8_c.jpgIMG_20200128_220149

The fun'n'fluff tournament in London was announced for April, last night. I went to the two last year and throughly enjoyed myself and am really looking forward to it. I'll be taking my Death Guard so this gives me a nice deadline to get things painted by. It's a 1500 point Highlander where you can only take a single battalion.

At the moment I have 2 lists in mind both with a main block around:

A Malignant Plaguecaster

3 PM squads, one loaded out with melee, the other two with 2 Blight Launchers and plasma on the sergeant

A unit of Pox Walkers

A Helbrute

A Bloat Drone

At least one Blight Hauler

At least one rhino

Both lists also include Typhus as he brings a lot to the table, the only exception is his Warlord trait which can be nice for the extra mortal wound chance but really Arch-Contaminator is the only good WLT. This would mean that if I want Arch-contaminator I need to run another HQ or not make Typhus my HQ, which is not ideal as other Character models I would want to run do not have the survivability he has. I would potentially swap him out for a DP as I keep the invuln, the Psychic powers and the survivability  but lose the buff to Poxwalkers.

List 1 is:

HQ
Malignant Plaguecaster
1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality

Typhus
3. Plague Wind, 4. Blades of Putrefaction

Troops
Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Boltgun, Plague knife, Power fist

Plague Marine w/ melee weapons
Flail of Corruption x2

Plague Marine w/ melee weapons
Bubotic Axe x4

Plague Marine squad x2
Plague Champion
Plague knife, Plasma gun
Blight launcher x2
Plague Marine w/ boltgun 4x

20x Poxwalker

Elites
Blightlord Terminators
Blightlord Champion
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Flail of Corruption

Blightlord Terminator  x3
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Helbrute
Selections: Helbrute fist, Twin lascannon

Fast Attack
Foetid Bloat-drone
Heavy blight launcher, Plague probe

Myphitic Blight-haulers

Dedicated Transport
Chaos Rhino x2

List 2 drops the blight lords, a rhino, 7 poxwalkers and the axes on the melee marines and adds a PBC, another blight hawler, tallyman and the Blightspawn. This is all stuff that I need to play around with and test out but any advice is much appreciated.

All 20 are done, just need to finish the bases and whack some snow and grass tufts on there to spice them up a little. I was worried about how grey skin would work on Astrogranite but I think that they work well with the spot colours. I'll get some better pictures up tonight.

49481614648_2f101bdfc2_c.jpgIMG_20200201_225543

You did a smashing job. My one criticism (and hopefully it’s constructive, because you did an amazing job) is as much as I love your color scheme, and I do love your color scheme, the poxwalkers you did blend in just a little too much with the bases. Now, I love these bases with your plague marines, the whole thing works amazingly well. Just here the poxwalkers get a tad lost.

Maybe instead of the subdued green lip (that is a pale green, right?) paint it black like your other units? Just thinking out loud. Or who knows, maybe with the army together everything will tie in perfectly. Again this is just the one thing I noticed. Everything else about your army is on point.

They work mate thats al that matters.

Thanks man! Much appreciated :biggrin.:

You did a smashing job. My one criticism (and hopefully it’s constructive, because you did an amazing job) is as much as I love your color scheme, and I do love your color scheme, the poxwalkers you did blend in just a little too much with the bases. Now, I love these bases with your plague marines, the whole thing works amazingly well. Just here the poxwalkers get a tad lost.

Maybe instead of the subdued green lip (that is a pale green, right?) paint it black like your other units? Just thinking out loud. Or who knows, maybe with the army together everything will tie in perfectly. Again this is just the one thing I noticed. Everything else about your army is on point.

Thanks Tango, I really appreciate the feedback. I was worried about it too, while Astrogranite is great for basing it didn't work well with the grey skin. I drybrushed the base with a white on top of the greys I had already drybrushed, finished the rims and put some grass and snow on. I think that now they look way better and pop a lot more. C&C very welcome:

49486590996_cafe26e23f_b.jpg19800101000232_IMG_0642

49486104783_467d0c19c0_b.jpg19800101000221_IMG_0641

49486591501_f5b00b35bb_b.jpg19800101000205_IMG_0639

Thought I'd get some glamour shots in with Typhus too:

49486104863_ccc10e775a_b.jpg19800101000321_IMG_0645

49486103968_ef3f5d9586_b.jpg19800101000340_IMG_0647

49486104013_3ac038d044_b.jpg19800101000358_IMG_0648

Typhus looks great in your scheme! And love the ghouls as stand ins for poxwalkers, top job

Thanks Helter :happy.:

AMAZING! You nailed it perfectly. That little bit of accent made everything come together. Truly amazing!

Thank you Tango, I got there in the end just the rest of the army to finish :sweat:

I have a tourney practice game tonight against my mate's Primaris army who is also going to Fun'nFluff and it'll be a true test of the list I think. It's not the worst SM list in the world but it's definitely a mean one with a Repulsor, eliminators and Suppressors as well as a nigh-unkillable Gravis captain. To kill the captain and the Repulsor I think I'm going to need to rely on MW output and hopefully my PBC can pull it's finger out for once. My list is:

HQ

Malignant Plaguecaster
Typhus

Troops

Plague Marines squad x2
Plague Champion

Plague knife, Plasma gun

4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun

Blight launcher x2

Plague Marines
Plague Champion

Boltgun, Plague knife

Flail of Corruption x2

Bubotic Axe x4

20x Poxwalker

Elites

Blightlord Terminators
Flail of Corruption
Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter x4

Tallyman
Fugaris' Helm, Plasma pistol

Fast Attack

Foetid Bloat-drone
Heavy blight launcher

Myphitic Blight-hauler

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler
2x Entropy cannon, Heavy slugger

Dedicated Transport

Chaos Rhino
Combi-bolterx2

Played a game against my mates Salamanders, his list was roughly:

Gravis Captain, T7 -1 to wound WL traits (Strength 3 or less can't wound him, any less strength will be wounding on 5s etc)

Termie Lib, Relic combi flamer

Adrax Agatone

2 5 man intercessors with Auto-bolt rilfes

1 5 man Infiltrators

4 Aggressors

1 Apothecary

Ven dread with twin las

Supressors

Eliminators

Repulsor

We played a modified ITC mission where we place 4 Objectives between us and rolled a standard deployment map. We both placed an obj in our deployments and one each roughly on the centre line either side of a main large line of sight blocking terrain piece. Both of us had units that wanted to sit back and shoot (PBC and suppressors), and both had units that wanted to get aggressive (literally everything of his bar the eliminators and the suppressor.

I deployed first and did so pretty conservatively. PBC at the back with the tracks just poking out from behind line of sight as I wanted the AT guns to be able to shoot, everything else deployed in the centre with infantry hugging the hawler and the rhino on the 12" mark. The Bloat drone deployed on a high piece of terrain, again LOS is pretty useful.

He spread his deployment quite far out; repulsor with agressors, adrax and the apothecary in the centre, the Captain, 1 unit of intercessors, Ven dread and the eliminators on the left. The Libby and other intercessors were on the left with the suppressors  futher back on a high piece of terrain that had line of sight on plenty of the board, the infiltrators deployed basically just outside of his own deployment rather than near mine as I had deployed first and could make an easy first turn charge otherwise.

1st turn

I chose to go first but he siezed and I actually think this helped me a lot. His first turn was okay. He pushes everything forward bar the suppressors and the eliminators. His marines on the right pumped their shots into the Poxwalkers but because of lucky rolling I only lose 2. He had made the Repulsor T9 too from the Librarian. The drone drops to 2 wounds due to the repulsor and the Suppressors, I lose the rhino as expected thankfully lose none of the melee guys and also lose 3 wounds on the Hawler. Prepared postions really helped me out in this turn and it kept my Rhino alive for way longer than it had any right to.

My first turn was a lot better than his, I know I have to focus the Repulsor and I need some lucky rolls to do it. Because he had destroyed the rhino with the last of his shooting, I piled my melee guys out the full 3" closer to the repulsor so after moving they're only a 7" charge away + 2 inches because of the repulsor tech. Everything piles forward with a PM squad moving futher left and the Poxwalkers and Typhus on the right. I beef the Pox walkers up to T5 and smite with Typhus, he denies the  smite which is handy for me. I BoP the melee boys and smite the repulsor, getting a super smite and knocking 5 wounds off. I put the AT guns and mortar from the PBC into the repulsor, stubber into intercessors, not wounding the marines and only doing 4 wounds to the repulsor. Hawler whiffs and PM squads manage to drop it to 5 wounds and kill 3 intercessors on the left. The drone kills 2 of the suppressors too. I charge the repulsor and pop Veterans on them which turns out to be overkill and the flails alone demolish it. It explodes and kills 4 melee PMS in return, ouch.

Currently 3-3 (kill 1, hold 1 and frist strike each, there isn't kill or hold more base you have to gamble kill one or hold one for a harder objective like hold 3 or hold twice as many as your opponent)

Turn 2

His turn, he pops the Drone, only drops 4 more poxwalkers, drops the hawler down to 1 W and does a smattering to one of the PM squads.He advacned with the aggressors and used the strat to count as not moving so they can shoot twice. Shoots the first lot into the 3 surviving melee PM. 40 flamer wounds and only 2 dead marines even with -1 AP :huh.: I was obscenely lucky here as this blocked the second lot going into Tallyman with Fugaris' helm. He had to put the second lot into the last PM, this time I made no saves at all.

In my turn I move a PM squad towards the agressors so they're only about 5 inches out, in hindsight I should have put them over 8" away to charge them with BoP. The other PM squad moved left to be a speedbump for the Gravis captain and ven dread that were making their way down my left flank. The walkers moved so they were 5" away from a intercessor unit on an obj and the blightlords came in just behind the walkers. Hawler scooted around the agressors but was just an inch too close to them to be able to shoot Adrax, oops. PBC shoots and kills one aggressor whiffs everything else, Hawler whiffs, blightlords kill an intercessor with bolters, middle PM squad kills another aggressor leaving one. Left PM squad kills 2 eliminators and are ready to speedbump. In the charge phase I multi-charge with the hawler into Adrax and the lone aggressor. Even though he's on one wound I thought I could tank it forgetting flmaers get +1 to wound in tactical. It pops and does a mortal to the aggressor and adrax, I'll take it. PM squad charge next and only one dies so there's only 3 left now. Plaguecaster also charges and makes it. Poxwalkers lose 8 to overwatch through really nice rolling leaving only 6 and the blightlords make it in too. Typhus and Tallyman are left in the open. PMs, even with BoP fail to kill the aggressor and the Plaguecaster also fails. Adrax has intervened and between him and the aggressor they kill the PM and the plaguecaster. I kill 3 of the 4 remaining intercessors with the walkers leaving sarge with hammer. the blight lords are left out in the open. I lose the 3 I gained back to the hammer.

We had both tried to gamble at the beginning of turn 2. He tried to go for kill 3 units in shooting and I tried for hold double your opponent. The way gamble works is that you swap the kill1 or hold 1 out for something harder, i.e swap hold 1 for hold double. If you fail to do it you don't score any points for hold but can still get kill1 and vice versa. Gambling gives 2 points instead of one for achieving. Both of us are on 4 points at the end of this turn.

Due to time constraints (the game before us took ages to finish) we could only play until the end of round 3.

Turn 3

His Dread and captain smash through my PM through shooting and charges but to do this they leave the middle left obj. Now free Adrax and the aggressor push forwards towards Tallyman and Typhus that are just hanging out on my middle right. Typhus loses 3 wounds and tallyman loses 2 to flamers. The infiltrators and last suppressor ruin my terminators and I lose 2 and a half. Aggressor and Adrax charge Typhus and Tallyman respectively. Tallyman gets mulched by Adrax and Aggressor gets mulched by Typhus, the poxwalkers finally die to Libby and intercessor sergeant.

My turn 3, the PBC does nothing to the Ven dread, typhus kills off the last intercessor and the last 3 blightlords charge both the infiltrators and the libby. 2 die to the flamer relic on the libby and the last Blightlord makes it to the infiltrators. Typhus also takes 2 wounds on the way to the libby. Typhus hits and wounds all the times then the libby makes 4 out of the 5 5+ invulns :sweat:. Typhus takes no damage in return and is alive these guys are contesting the middle right objective, the blightlord survives his combat after killing 4 of the infiltrators. If I had died here, he would have consolidated into Typhus and held the objective there.

This game ended on a draw somehow as we were both 4-4 2nd turn and as each obj is worth 3 VP at the end of the game we ended on 7-7 (just as Nurgle planned). If the game had continued I wouldn't have been able to last I don't think with only 3 models left on the board. Really enjoyable either way!

Not sure if you can have an invulnerable character. In this case I think a natural 6 would always wound in the same way it doesn't matter how many +1 to hits you pile on a natural 1 misses.

Imagine for example you face only guardsman with lasgins. Or grots. Neither can actually hurt him where that captain given some luck could kill the entire table

That said it wasn't really relevant and I'm glad you had such a good game

Not sure if you can have an invulnerable character. In this case I think a natural 6 would always wound in the same way it doesn't matter how many +1 to hits you pile on a natural 1 misses.

Imagine for example you face only guardsman with lasgins. Or grots. Neither can actually hurt him where that captain given some luck could kill the entire table

That said it wasn't really relevant and I'm glad you had such a good game

Thanks man! Unless I'm mistaken you are correct for unmodified wounds, 6s always wound no matter the difference. But as I understand it the modifiers mean that sixes do not wound. I think this has been clarified somewhere but I'm not 100% sure whereabouts

Doesn't it work like hitting? If that's the casebthen natural sixes still wouldn't wound.

Nice game btw but we need pics!

Cheers

PL

I believe that's the case yeah, in the same way that a natural six to hit with a -1 modifier is a miss, a weapon that can only wound something on a six , gets a natural 6 to wound with a -1 modifier it cannot physically wound.

Thanks though mate, I would have gotten pictures but because of the lateness of the game before I didn't want to faff about for too long. Really enjoyed it either way!

Tallyman is finally getting some paint on him. About time too! He's easily the MVP for most of the games I play with him, he's still super WIP but I'm getting there loads left to do and tidy up. C&C welcome:

49514648811_d6f058ee72_b.jpgIMG_20200209_222701

49514648806_36c42766d2_b.jpgIMG_20200209_222706

49514648616_87acdb8d49_b.jpgIMG_20200209_222713

49514648611_b1b8f9b83d_b.jpgIMG_20200209_222722

49514127938_7c6249a11d_b.jpgIMG_20200209_222726

49514866267_1d86865e95_b.jpgIMG_20200209_222745

49514648311_d47df71c76_b.jpgIMG_20200209_222756

Oh man, the 7 numbered tally marks is a nice touch. I may have to steal that from you, if/when I get around to finishing my Death Guard.

I'm sure I stole it from someone else too to be fair :biggrin.:

First melee plague marine is done, a couple of touchups to do and he's ready. C&C welcome

49526904593_3f5df4b89e_b.jpgIMG_20200212_222546

49526904403_ff88aa1d0d_b.jpgIMG_20200212_222550

49527639657_dfdc87750d_b.jpgIMG_20200212_222555

49526904393_d2249fe5de_b.jpgIMG_20200212_222600