Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My 2000ptn Pure Death guard Brigade List

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

The Bloathed Bless

The Bloathed Bless

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
Hey everybody,

I wanted to share my Brigade list for pure death guard. I'm a new guy: played maybe 6 matches with rather experienced friends, but this really worked for me:

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [129 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [12CP]

Gifts of Decay (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 79pts]: 6. Arch-Contaminator, Chainsword, Fugaris' Helm, Plasma pistol, Warlord

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, Hellforged sword, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 50pts]
. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Plague Marines [10 PL, 144pts]
. Plague Champion
. . Codex: Plague knife, Plasma gun
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Plague Marines [10 PL, 144pts]
. Plague Champion
. . Codex: Plague knife, Plasma gun
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Blightlord Terminators [27 PL, 298pts]
. Blightlord Champion: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter
. Blightlord Terminator: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter
. Blightlord Terminator: Flail of Corruption
. Blightlord Terminator: Blight launcher, Bubotic Axe

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 138pts]: 2x Butcher cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Spawn [2 PL, 25pts]: Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn [2 PL, 25pts]: Chaos Spawn

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 136pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 136pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy slugger

++ Total: [129 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Quick overview how I used this list & why I chose the units. First of all: this is a list that keeps the fluff (which I enjoy) for me. For example: I wanted plague marines & try squads of 7 :) The list & tactics are heavily relying on CP & Strategems as well.

-the chaos lord: is my defensive commander. He hangs in the back buffs the plague crawlers, plague marines and maybe more units with fugaris helm relic & arch-contaminator.

-the demon prince: is an offensive and/or mobile unit that gets support from the foetid bloathdrone, who lurks in front/close by of the demon prince to catch wounds.

-the cultists & poxwalkers: use as shield in front of crawlers & with cloud of flies & dead walk again to create more poxwalkers. Incoming enemy infantry can be stopped with a charge & blades of putrification + putrescent vitality work great. Before the cultists die you can use their firepower.

- the plague marines: to hold 1 objective (preferably in cover) in back with chaos lord & use his buffs. They can guard him aswell. Second squad can do the same or, if possible stay in buff (& cover), but a bit more in field (max 10inch). Miasma of pestilence and/or putrecent vitality makes them stronger if needed.

-blightlords: go in full with deepstriking behind enemy or in front. Veterans of the long war or grandfathers blessing (to get one terminator back) are key to use. Try keep your flail as last if you have casualties. I managed to kill a warlord after destroying a squad and taking lots of firepower.

- the contempor dreadnought: crazy with butchers cannons because of leadership -2. To keep midfield and offensive, but can return for defense because of 9" inch movement.

- the 2 humble chaos spawn: to block deepstrike behind your lines or support/attack if needed. They also their for filling the slots.

- bloathdrone: get offensive with the demon prince

-plagueburst crawlers: 2 in the defensive line with the lord, using entropy cannons. 1 attacking with plague spewers like the blightdrone and protecting the demon prince as well, if the crawler stays in front of the enemy, because he's a character

- the blight spawn: to go behind the crawler or hang back. Depends on finding a good target

Using lots of strategems, CP and spells is the key here, but that's why you have 14cp in matched play.

Any comments or other similar lists are greatly appreciated! May Papa Nurgle bless you all!

Edited by The Bloathed Bless, 06 November 2019 - 02:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users