Death Guard successor

casb1965

Bear with me.

1. Malcador the Sigilite was the master meddler

2. Malcador collected "The Seventy" together and from that the Knights-Errant

3. From the Knights-Errant Malcador created the Grey Knights for the Ordo Malleus

4. One of the Seventy Meric Voyen did not join the GKs but left to find a cure to Nurgle's Rot

5. The Ordo Sepultrum seek infestations of the Zombie Plage and Obliterator Virus.

So my idea is.

A loyalist Death Guard successor chapter attached to the Ordo Sepultrum as their Chapter Militant. Based around a rapid attack force of scouts and vehicles. Nurgle Green armour so they can infiltrate where the Chaos Death Guard are / have been.

My question is what would be the best Chapter Tactics for them, I like the idea of Iron Hands as the 6+ FNP could be a resilience to pestilence.

Iron Hands seem like an obvious fit so Im going to suggest Salamanders to focus more on the "Purge the Unclean" part of this chapter. I would give them Stalwart (can only be wounded on 3+) for their tougher nature and Long Range Marksmen to represent a mastery of flamer weapons needed to remove plague vectors.

Edited by redmapa

Thanks for pointing me toward the Salamanders I hadn't thought of them.

Looking at Warded and Long Range Marksmen as my Chapter tactics.

Taking a Salamander's warlord I'll be taking Forge Master (+2T) and either Anvil of Strength (+2S) or Storm of Fire from the main SM Codex.

Alternatively, Imperial Fists warlord with Indomitable and Stubborn heroism.

Edited by casb1965

• 2 weeks later...

With Faith and Fury coming out I'm thinking Iron Hands again as the Chief Apothecary feels like a good Warlord to take.

With Father of the Future it would make the IH 5+ FNP, my question then is, if the Warlord has All Flesh is weakness as a 2nd WT does he become 4+++ or stay at 5+++?

Thanks, I thought it would be that. Might switch out Father of the Future for Selfless Healer, he'll still be 5+++ just won't have the 6" bubble. Healing up a second unit might counter the loss of the 5+++ bubble.