Psychic Awakening Speculation

HallofStovokor

What do you guys think the guard will get when PA for the imperium comes out?

I'm guessing that we'll get a handful of attack spells that suck worse than Gaze of the Emperor. We might also get a new psyker that is needed to use these powers. I don't think that we will get any fun new rules or new models.

I expect little at this point. While our logo was in the PA2 trailer, the preview article mentioned Chaos legions and Black Templars for rules updates but not us.

It's a shame because, because the Guard is perfectly suited to the kind of buils your own regiment-model GW is now moving towards. I'm sure it'll come eventually, but who knows when.

I doubt it's another Guard Psyker, just because Blackstone Fortress only recently released one. As for endless spells, they don't seem to be a feature so far so I'm not really expecting them to come midway through PA.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that much of a focus on Psykers at all so far is there? It's an odd name for a campaign really.

I'm still not convinced GW ever said every faction will get rules. I'm pretty sure they said there was something in a book for every faction. To me that means a story in a sidebar where Guardsman Jenkins sees a Tyranid, wets his pants and is saved by Mephiston means that there was something for Guard players in a book...

But as mentioned we really don't need anything so i'm not worried about it.

Build your own regiment would be cool but with Marines, everyone just uses master artisans and stealthy, I’m sure you’d just get the same where there is an optimal combo everyone uses.

I’d like to see a stratagem for all your vehicles to pop their smoke in your opponents shooting phase. 2cp, once per game.

Build your own regiment would be cool but with Marines, everyone just uses master artisans and stealthy, I’m sure you’d just get the same where there is an optimal combo everyone uses.

This is the reason why i play less and less every edition. People do not want use their imagination and just use someone else's cheese. Sometimes on tournaments it seems that you play against the same person and army.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to get carapace armor options back.

Camo cloaks would be a waste as everyone and their brother has ignore cover now, except us.

Spotters, could be a cool mechanic. If you have infantry between enemy and vehicles you get reroll 1s or ignore cover or a plus 1 to hit.something like that.

Edited by mertbl

I'd like to see a strat to allow us to give a second character a warlord trait. 

Some of the ones in the book would be very cool if you didn't have to put them on your warlord so you could get some front line use out of them.

That's it, really. I'd be happy with that.

Ideally I also want a real fighter aircraft in plastic but that's a pipe dream.

Edited by MrZakalwe

We have ignore cover options, namely the Astropath which saw a big points drop and the less useful LR Eradicator.

Also the more leftfield options of the Griffon and Colossus Bombard, the latter of which is a pretty effective primaris killing unit.