Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark Angels and Infiltrators

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

palin2222

palin2222

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts

Hello everyone, 

Quick question for you. I looking over some of the new phobos stuff I see that Infiltrators are considered a battle line squad. Within the fluff, does that mean that the battle companies and the battleline reserve companies would have access to their own infiltrators, or do the infiltrators get borrowed from the scout squad?

I guess I real question is, do i put my company emblem on Infiltrators, or give them the scout emblem?

Thanks

Space Marines: The Few, the Proud, The Usually Out Numbered...

Dark Angels 7th Reserve Company

Adeptas Sororitas Order of the Argent Shroud

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 915 posts

They can be from a Battleline, Reserve or Scout Company afaik. I'm doing up some Raven Guard, they'll include Infiltrators, they're getting Third Company markings, not Tenth.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

WoodsyMP5K

WoodsyMP5K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
As I understand It, primaris marines are kitted out as fitting their commanders requirement. So one day they could intercessors, the next infiltrators, the next eliminators. So it muddys the water further.... Unless I'm wildly mistaken

JeffJedi

JeffJedi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,018 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Also the scout company itself, pre-Vanguard, lacked a company badge.

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
Woodsy and Zeph are both correct. Line company Primaris Squads can change equipment as the Commander dictates between battles. One combat zone they’re Hellblasters, the next they’re Aggressors.

The Scout Company keeps a standing reserve of Vanguard equipped Primaris about 100 strong, drawn from a rotation of marines from the main companies.

TL;DR you can paint them as any of the companies, or have them as the ‘badgeless’ scout Vanguard as you so please, OP, your choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users