Inquisitor with Terminator armor question?

Was thinking of converting some Inquisitor stuff and I saw the sprues of a couple plastic Terminator guys and was thinking it might be easy to do. I look and see in the Index Imperium 2 only an Ordo Malleus  Inquisitor can be in it. Does that mean the other Ordos can't use it. I'm running Ordos Xenos on my army with DW. I might just make one to make cause it would be fun. Just kind of curious if there was a reason why the other Ordos don't get to  use it.

Ordo Malleus is the oldest of the main Ordos I believe, and in their line of work, they are more likely to come across say a Daemon Prince manifesting from the wrap and thus require the most powerful armour.

But you can still model one for your DW and just use PA stats. Rule of cool and all that...

Wait until next Sat (16th) when WD is out with the INQ data sheets replacing whats in Index 2....then we can see if GW have changed anything

This.

Currently, only the malleus men can bring such vaunted gear but we don’t know what the rules will be in a week.

Out of universe the reason is that in 2nd edition only Ordo Malleus were playable (it was also the only Ordo in the fluff but they stated that most Inquisitors were noncombatants and not members of an Ordo at all). Ordos were created for the Inquisitor roleplaying game (which included no terminator armour rules to keep the power level low) around the start of 3rd ed and fleshed out in the Abnett books. In 3rd edition Malleus came first, then Hereticus had to be differentiated from them so they decided to limit Hereticus to lighter armour types since they didn't have Grey Knights to pal around with. Xenos didn't get rules until 5th ed Grey Knights codex which didn't come with minis for inquisitors but the writer kept terminator armour restricted. Every latter Inquisition rules are based off the 5th ed Grey Knight ones which got split off into their own pdf mini book for 6th and most of 7th.

Since Deathwatch get terminator armour and Malleus terminators usually have Grey Knight Terminator bodyguards really Xenos Inquisitors should get terminator armour as well.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Thanks for the information I learned alot I didn't know! Ya I may just convert one to convert it and see where it takes me, the Inquisition is a super cool thing to me and I feel like I can make something cool out of it. I'll step back in here and let you know how it went when I get the minis in the mail, and get to converting. I preordered the magazine so hopefully we get some cool stuff, just cause the nearest store that sells their stuff is nearly 2 hours away.

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

Thanks for the information I learned alot I didn't know! Ya I may just convert one to convert it and see where it takes me, the Inquisition is a super cool thing to me and I feel like I can make something cool out of it. I'll step back in here and let you know how it went when I get the minis in the mail, and get to converting. I preordered the magazine so hopefully we get some cool stuff, just cause the nearest store that sells their stuff is nearly 2 hours away.

Looks like officially Ordo Xenos still don't get Terminator Armour, though if you think you'll enjoy converting a TDA model into an Ordo Xenos Inquistor - go for it! Technically the cost for a Terminator Inquistor isn't really worth it rule-wise anyway. 36 extra points for just a 2+ save, +1W and deepstrike is too much.

I've played an Ordo Malleus Terminator Lord from the beginning. Malleus dose not play fair with anyone. Even other Ordos. The Ordo Malleus is the inner circle of the =][=. It's not a 3 way, even Steven spit of power. Each has its own speciality and none are to be dismissed. Malleus has exclusive access Terminator armour because they say so.

I don't think it will ever be other wise. You are of course able to paint an play your models how you like. Don't expect a change in rules though. It's been this way for over 20 years.

Well I've been in a big Inquisition kick since I came back, right now I'm doing DW. And when I get my SW out of storage soon they will be  my next army to finish. But after reading a bunch of lore recently, I've been looking into GK with Ordo Malleus Inquisitor. So I may eventually play it but it's a good ways away. But it's on the list of things to do, learning to play is deff before that though lol. Right now just in the hobby but I like to make sure all my pieces can be tabletop read so I'm trying to get the rules squared away before I do the converting.