BCC's test mini for XIIIth Legion. The Liberators of Krade

Hey folks!

Test mini for my "Liberators of Krade" XIIIth Legion project. This is going to be a real slow burner but the test mini is finished at least! I'm going a little 2nd Edt with the colour scheme with a lighter blue and red bolter weapon casing etc. Not too bling but a little never kiled anyone. ;)

7CE528BF 7472 4350 A2CB 8BC81A6BD184

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

Test model my arse, that looks great. I really like kitbashing of the old CSM marine kit with it to make it look old and is that a Emperor's Children helmet I spy there?

Edited by No Foes Remain

Test model my arse, that looks great. I really like kitbashing of the old CSM marine kit with it to make it look old and is that a Emperor's Children helmet I spy there?

-blush- stop it! :thumbsup:

It's the Forgeworld Ultramarines HH veterans helms I think. MKIV altered essentially. You get a crested version too in the pack. Well worth investing in for any Legion i think!

BCC

looks a little more 4th edition with that gold trim on the Mk.III pad :P 

It's a nice mashup of armour marks, as well - the Mk.VI torso and legs, plus the IV-ish helm, IIIrd pauldron, the backpack that we'll assume is also an IV [sternguard sprues?], and the seriously old-school gauntlet CSM arms and belt-fed bolter. Is that a Primaris studded shoulder pauldron on the other side? 

Anyway, looks good; although I think your camera's washed out the colours a bit; nice weathering with the paint-decay and build-up of grime, as well. Look forward to seeing more/the rest. 

-blush- stop it! :thumbsup:

It's the Forgeworld Ultramarines HH veterans helms I think. MKIV altered essentially. You get a crested version too in the pack. Well worth investing in for any Legion i think!

BCC

I shall not stop. Make me. :teehee:

And yep you're right, there are two helmets in that set that look like the 3rd Legion's set. Which given that the Ultras 'borrrowed and improved' tactics and units from other legions its not that shocking.

looks a little more 4th edition with that gold trim on the Mk.III pad :tongue.: 

It's a nice mashup of armour marks, as well - the Mk.VI torso and legs, plus the IV-ish helm, IIIrd pauldron, the backpack that we'll assume is also an IV [sternguard sprues?], and the seriously old-school gauntlet CSM arms and belt-fed bolter. Is that a Primaris studded shoulder pauldron on the other side? 

Anyway, looks good; although I think your camera's washed out the colours a bit; nice weathering with the paint-decay and build-up of grime, as well. Look forward to seeing more/the rest. 

You have an eye for armour marks brother! The shoulder plate with studs is a MK6 from the Sternguard sprue. The veteran boxed sets are a goldmine as we all know!

Camera work definitely needs work though for sure! Hahahahahha! XD

BCC

Cheers folks, much appreciated!

I'd love to say that the projects coming along but with couple of other projects spinning at the moment also, the XIIIth Legion may have to wait a little longer for reinforcements! But fingers crossed they'll be getting some love this side of Christmas! I need to grab a boxed set of the Mk3 tactical marines I think.

BCC