Best Weapon Loadout for IF Intercessors?

domsto

Really funny that you say that. I played against chaos last night, and my stalkers (5) accounted for two venom crawlers. Tor Garadon punched the head of the disco lord.

In my opinion you have to invest heavyly into them to become effectiv against vehicals.

Really funny that you say that. I played against chaos last night, and my stalkers (5) accounted for two venom crawlers. Tor Garadon punched the head of the disco lord.

In my opinion you have to invest heavyly into them to become effectiv against vehicals.

Absolutely - but I think you can probably get better than Hellblasters for anti-tank. That unit is a trap for sure. Too fragile and far too expensive. 

Did you expect them to provide anti-tank? Even with tank hunters they wound Leman Russes on a 5. If you're disappointed in them I'm not sure you can blame the unit.

That may be but If they also had the chaplain wound buff they would be wounding knights/repulsive/leman russes on 4’s.

Not necessarily the best use of them but a squad of 10 with the +1 to wound from a Chaplain and tank hunter will cause 15 damage to a knight and 19 damage on a Russ or Repulsor.

That may be but If they also had the chaplain wound buff they would be wounding knights/repulsive/leman russes on 4’s.

Not necessarily the best use of them but a squad of 10 with the +1 to wound from a Chaplain and tank hunter will cause 15 damage to a knight and 19 damage on a Russ or Repulsor.

How?

In my math i only make 8 wounds to a knight with exploding 6 and +2 to wound

Did you expect them to provide anti-tank? Even with tank hunters they wound Leman Russes on a 5. If you're disappointed in them I'm not sure you can blame the unit.

I expected them to kill some light vehicals like T6 or T7

I konw that they can't kill a T8 Vehicale.

Something definitely sounds wrong with that estimate of 15 damage on a knight.

Working with 12 hits to simplify the math: +2 to wound is still only 6 wounds. 1/3 of those wounds get saved on the 5++. 4 failed saves = 12 damage.

Maybe Jeremy forgot to account for the invulnerable save and calculated with 3+ armour becoming 6+ to save vs AP-3.

I expected them to kill some light vehicals like T6 or T7

I konw that they can't kill a T8 Vehicale.

Mine did, comfortably. This is still a dice game, comes down to your rolls I guess.

Something definitely sounds wrong with that estimate of 15 damage on a knight.

Working with 12 hits to simplify the math: +2 to wound is still only 6 wounds. 1/3 of those wounds get saved on the 5++. 4 failed saves = 12 damage.

Maybe Jeremy forgot to account for the invulnerable save and calculated with 3+ armour becoming 6+ to save vs AP-3.

Even the 12 Damage are too high.

Because of the 10 shots you get 8,3333 hits with exploding 6. Not 12

Ok, so what about 5 Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles, with a Captain or Lieutenant with the relic Bellicos Rifle, loaded in an Impulsor? Would that be enough shots to be worth the points of a transport over 5 more Auto Bolt Rifles in the squad? I mean, I like the idea of the Impulsor moving over to the objective, hosing down the enemy in holy bolter fury, and claiming that objective FOR THE EMPEROR!

How?

In my math i only make 8 wounds to a knight with exploding 6 and +2 to wound

I used the math hammer app calculated full reroll from chapter master and re-roll 1’s from the eye.

I used a knight with 3+ 5++

10 shots with full re-roll’s and exploding sixes comes out to 13.22 hits.

Wounding on 4+ with reroll 1’s comes to 7.13 wounds.

3+/5++ leads to 5.142 failed saves

Total damage 15.426

Ok, so what about 5 Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles, with a Captain or Lieutenant with the relic Bellicos Rifle, loaded in an Impulsor? Would that be enough shots to be worth the points of a transport over 5 more Auto Bolt Rifles in the squad? I mean, I like the idea of the Impulsor moving over to the objective, hosing down the enemy in holy bolter fury, and claiming that objective FOR THE EMPEROR!

That sounds worth it for cool alone. I bought two impulsors, but I've assembled a Repulsor and an Executioner in the last few months, and I still can't face building more of those grav-plates.

Edited by Son of Sacrifice