Converted Overlord

XIXWYRMEXIX

Hey Tomb Lords, I do not play necrons, nor do I own any necrons but wanted to share a destroyed warrior I rebuilt as an Overlord for my friend who plays Necrons. He is financially challenged usually and has been playing a 3rd edition original release necron army. As such he does not have many new or newer units, he did not have an overlord so I decided to build him one.

Wanted to get some Necron players opinions on how he turned out. Does he look OK enough to use? Please bear in mind I only had the bitz in the first picture to actually build him, I could not sink money into him, so I used the materials I had on hand. I do need to do a small bit of greenstuffing to do to finish him off. 

Warrior parts

Converted Overlord

Converted Overlord

I will also be making him a cryptek.  When I paint the Overlord, and put together/paint the cryptek I will post more pics. 

Thanks for looking and giving an opinion on whether or not he is decent enough to actually use.

You may not be a necron player, but you’re always welcome here in the tombs—even the best Phaerons need friends and allies, and I think you’ve proven you are one.

He looks quite good! I especially like the scythe and headdress—they look unique, and will help him stand out from the other overlords your friend will come across in his battles. I look forward to seeing him painted!

Thanks for the replies I appreciate the input and the responses! I am glad he passes the bar. 

The only thing I can see you might want to do is clip the lower corner of those head vanes and carefully cut curved areas to fit the skull.

The green stuff work I mentioned is for filling in the head vane gaps at the bottom, so that's already planned, I just haven't done it. I see what you mean by the lower corner of the vanes, I will go back and take another look I think your right, perhaps a bit to square there. Thanks for the input.

Also the torso, body and head are all drilled out and pinned, so he should be solid. 

I will post more pics when I finish the cryptek and paint them. 

You know me or someone here probably has a spare lychguard or other elaborate necron head that they could mail you just for your efforts. Those head vanes would look wicked on the shoulder plates.

I mean I couild put a head in a small protective wrap and send it to you for a stamp, no big deal. Merry Christmas.

Edited by Beatnik cryptek