Rampagers

Goreshed

I've slowly been working on my chaos knight household. At the moment I have one that is simply waiting for a base/paint and a final assembly and another that is about halfway through the build process. Both of these are Despoilers but it has me thinking about what my next knight will be. Since both of them are gun buddies (one with battle cannon/gatling and the other is dual melta) I figured I'd lean towards either a Tyrant or the Rampager. Then I started to look through the Relics and noticed the Putrid Carapace of Nurgle.

Why are others not taking this? This seems like a disgusting Relic to have. I'll toss it up here for those who don't want to look at the book.

When resolving an attack made with a melee weapon against a model with this Relic, if the saving throw is successful, roll one D6; on a 4+ the unit that made that attack suffers 1 mortal wound after its attacks have been resolved.

To me this seems stupid powerful. Rampager runs up the board and just jumps from combat to combat and tosses out mortal wounds like a boss (so long as the dice gods are with you). Given how every attack is technically done one at a time, it would seem like for each save one makes there is a chance of dishing out a mortal wound. Or is there some errata out there that says otherwise?

It's the same as the Suppurating Plate relic for Death Guard. So yes, each time you save, you roll a d6 and possibly get a mortal wound.

And people do use it. It's just one of the ones that's chosen AFTER the more important ones.