Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

getting back into the hobby

Primaris

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

heya. so i have been out of the hobby for a while.. again. 
and recently decided i wanna paint some 40k toys again. 

I wanted to do my own kind of successor chapter i guess. and being an iron hands fan i went with the iron hands upgrade kit for some parts. 
then chose yellow and black for my colour scheme because they are both colours i struggled with before. but that said i really like how he turned out and kinda want to do a squad of intercessors or something next. 0.0 

but enough talk. here we have dude no. 1

C&C of course are welcomed. The images may be quite large. my bad. i havent done this is a while x.x

gallery_67114_15951_372909.jpg

gallery_67114_15951_801019.jpg

gallery_67114_15951_1047185.jpg

• KJB, Kolgrim DeathHowl, Chaplain Dosjetka and 5 others like this

a wip of my iron warriors if you're interested :P http://www.bolterand...d-extra-stufff/

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
A good start FlakMonkey.

What are your plans for this force? A squad, a kill team or an entire army?

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

thanks Dallo. 

Uh. i don't really know to be honest. i think i want to get a squad and character done for now. so i guess kill team vibes. and work from there. maybe do some chaos boys in the same format and kinda grow them together. I don't play the game much at all so it's just a painting project mostly. 

i may want to work on a bit of lore for them and make a cool project out of it. 

a wip of my iron warriors if you're interested :P http://www.bolterand...d-extra-stufff/

Cadius

Cadius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts

not bad at all, painting yellow seems to be the downfall of many

x3aDeGlt.png

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts

He does look good; and the iron hand symbol with the surrounding yellow is strangely reminiscent of imperial fists, but just different enough to feel weird. Any particular reason why the yellow is only on the upper half?

I don’t know if this would be of interest, but as you are returning to the hobby and starting a new army, if you wanted to be in the company of other hobbies going trough similar experience then have a look at the Facing the Unknown thread. It is a bunch of us starting a new army together for mutual support.

FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

@Cadius Yellow has had me stumped forever but i like it so much so it needs to be done tongue.png 

@Trokair uh... no. i kinda just decided on it tbh. didn't want too much yellow. a little because if i messed it up i didnt want it to be too much of the model. x.x but i saw a similar colour scheme with other colours and really liked the outcome. i think maybe the shoulders or arms could have been black too but liked how this went. 

also too true about it looking very imperial fists. i actually saw the heresy templar dudes recently and didnt realise that my dudes basically look lioke those. lol. owell. 

Oh awesome i'll take a look at that. (i have an eye glued to the sisters release so may do something with that, we shall see)

Edited by FlakMonkey, 10 November 2019 - 12:25 PM.

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts

@Trokair uh... no. i kinda just decided on it tbh. didn't want too much yellow. a little because if i messed it up i didnt want it to be too much of the model. x.x but i saw a similar colour scheme with other colours and really liked the outcome. i think maybe the shoulders or arms could have been black too but liked how this went. 

also too true about it looking very imperial fists. i actually saw the heresy templar dudes recently and didnt realise that my dudes basically look lioke those. lol. owell. 

Oh awesome i'll take a look at that. (i have an eye glued to the sisters release so may do something with that, we shall see)

Well you could always have less yellow on the basic marines and more on the characters, sergeant and so on.

Ah, yes, I am also waiting for the Sisters, not long now (I hope).

FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

thats true, this guy is a liet, so maybe less o0n the rank and file blokes. 

ugh too long :P 

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,034 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
You're off to a great start. What will you name this Iron Hands successor?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

Came out really well, nice job!

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Dude no.1 is really good.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,606 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers
That's a great start with a really smooth paint job and badass heraldry! I may have missed it, do these guys have a Chapter name?

Looking forwards to seeing this grow. :)

<EDIT> One thing to note, be sure to keep to grammar rules with Capitalisation etc to keep it easier to read for peeps. :tu:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 11 November 2019 - 12:54 PM.

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.png

FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

@Brother Cambrius, Didn't realise, I will do.yes.gif 

Thanks guys. So much praise blush.png 

So they dont have a chapter name... yet. ermm.gif no rush tho. 

One of my mates got his hand on this... and decided to donate it to me. It needs a little tlc and i haven't a clue where to start, apart from gluing stuff in place and giving her a well deserved bath. Think i'll strip and repaint in black to make that paint job a little easier. Who knows. 

Terrible picture because I don't have my light and stuff set up. my bad.
gallery_67114_15951_695301.jpg

• Trokair likes this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

Looking forward to seeing more of the flyer getting done!

FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

Alrighty. I have made some progress. this Raven gave me headaches like you won't believe... also it doesn't fit into my photo set up. rolleyesclean.gif but i am more or less pleased with the result.

I stripped one of my old marines that looked awful and redid him. actually forgot how small they are compared to their primaris brothers. unsure.png gallery_67114_15951_637752.jpg gallery_67114_15951_436214.jpg

Edited by FlakMonkey, 15 November 2019 - 09:57 AM.

• Trokair and Chaplain Dosjetka like this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

It came out great!

Cadius

Cadius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts

I'm guessing you don't like painting the details inside the cockpit.

x3aDeGlt.png

FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

@Cadius it was glued shut and i didn't want to get in there really. i think next time i do something like that i will hey. 

Got the sisters set today, so I will be working on those with all haste yes.gif

• Trokair likes this

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
  • Faction: Twilight Wardens
That black qnd yellow work Well together!
Dies this Iron Hand successor have a name yet?

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

Part of the War of Light AU-project: XVIIIth Legion Dreadspears

IA: Twilight Wardens

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Primaris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users