Siege of Terra - Saturnine by Dan Abnett

Shovellovin

Yeah, it's definitely supposed to be Angron, the armour matches too. The chainaxe also seems like more of an Angron weapon than a Ka'bandha one (though admittedly he's supposed to have a sword now, but still).

Edited by Tymell

I wonder if Abnett will only focus on the siege itself or there's a possibility he may give us some Guilliman or Polux exposure on the side? I can't remember the exact last appearance of Alexis in the Heresy (somewhere between Pharos & Angels of Caliban i think?) but he quickly became a series favourate of mine following John French's particularly awesome novella The Crimson Fist and i really want to see him again before the final curtain falls...

Is there anything special at Saturn in 30k ? Probably wrong, but could it be tied to the Imperial Navy ?

Saturn was home to the void hoplites of the Saturnyne Ordos, who were the model for the Solar Auxlia. As much as I'd like to take that as Abnett writing more imperial guard/army stuff, it's probably more linked to the Saturnine Gate at the palace.

Might have some thematic link to the 'age of Saturn', which was a Greek and Roman mythical golden age of plenty, more 'death of a dream' or 'what was lost' stuff. Abnett does that sort of thing sometimes but it's hard to say.

The Emperor is the most powerful (and possibly the most ancient Terran) perpetual, no?

No, Ollianius Pius is older than the Emperor but yes on the power-level. Kinda humbling that a mere very old human saves the Emperor's arse on the Vengeful Spirit

I guess the book title deals with the death of the Emperor's hopes and dreams. Forget the power of science and evolution into wise and powerful psykers. Mankind is going to face an eternity of unending blooshed until Chaos claims it. Daemons are butchering Imperial citizens by the Billions while old statues and books are being destroyed by the Word Bearers, erasing history to make their own

Wouldn't surprise me if the Word Bearers destroyed the last copies of the Magna Carta and the US Constitution. Heck, add Mao's Little Red Book and Hitler's Mein Kampft for more salt in the Emperor's wound

I would guess this is the point where Olly makes his way to Terra, probably at the end of the book. Olly and Sanguinius talk about their 'predertermined' fates to die to Horus (and no second revives for Olly unlike Vulkan but I guess Olly wants to die like a human being even though the afterlife is basically Hell on steroids, cocaine, meth, PCP and LSD)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but we don't have any information about the content of this book, right?

So it wouldn't be much to ask for dropping the general talk about Perpetuals and possible stories either until we got some confirmation for Saturnine or to continue this in a seperate thread, eh?

Oh and the discussion about how 40K is  linked with the Age of Darkness as well, please.

Thanks.

Nope, just a desire on my part for Abnett to advance Oll's story (and Grammaticus’) in the book, but I don't think either is confirmed. Would be hilarious if we get a Tale of Two Cities switcheroo, and it's actually Grammaticus on board the Vengeful Spirit (highly unlikely though)

• 3 weeks later...