Siege of Terra - Saturnine by Dan Abnett

Shovellovin

When is the earliest time (roughly) you could get the book in your hands?

Next Saturday if you get it delivered to your Warhammer store.

Or your house. I’ve always got them at my house on release day. I guess that probably depends on the region though.

Sorry what is the reference timezone and time? EST which i think has been either noon or 1pm. I have gotten the last three times without much issue, I am sure this one will be hot...let the ebay craziness begin!

Sorry what is the reference timezone and time? EST which i think has been either noon or 1pm. I have gotten the last three times without much issue, I am sure this one will be hot...let the ebay craziness begin!

Should be 1pm EST. That’s been the release time for every BL LE since they became exclusive to the GW website.

Of the Imperial Fists Captains and other leaders which ones survived the Siege and later founded Successor Chapters? (I know Sigismund and Rafnir do)

Just like how in Solar War Horus asked Abaddon to do something difficult and Perturabo in First Wall asked his sons to outright do something insane, Dorn is going to asked one of his sons to basically die holding the line.

Dorn is going to sacrifice many of his sons in an all-or-nothing plan to delay the Traitors even more. While this plan does contribute to Horus' defeat it is the same plan that makes Dorn cynical and results in his darkest days (Iron Cage incident and his brutal death)

Coincidentally, this plan also allows Olly, Valdor and many of the Custodes to safety retreat into the Imperial Palace and meet the Loyalist leaders. A silver lining in a plan full of :cuss

Pollux is the crimson fist chapter master.

And perturabo didn't ask his sons to do anything insane in first wall. Forrix thought they should attack the space port; perturabo gave command to kroeger, who then came up with all the strategy. The whole point was that perturabo had no hand in the strategy and taking of the port other than it being his legion.

And perturabo didn't ask his sons to do anything insane in first wall. Forrix thought they should attack the space port; perturabo gave command to kroeger, who then came up with all the strategy. The whole point was that perturabo had no hand in the strategy and taking of the port other than it being his legion.

He did not participate in the Siege

But he did survive past the siege and because a successor chapter master. 

But he did survive past the siege and because a successor chapter master.

I was just thinking which of Dorn's sons is getting the short end of the stick in Saturnine, ie becomes the sacrificial lamb to buy time?

Oh, I am so excited to nab this.

Its curious that the busts arent up yet since the book is.

I am also perplexed where people are getting the Busts for the Selenar book.

Btw, any theories on what the Perpetuals will be up to? They are Abnett's baby so i'd be shocked if he doesnt resolve them.

John Grammaticus has reached the Palace at the end of The First Wall, ready for Dan. There are still canon conflicts about his immortality, though, being both said to be from around our time while also supposedly being turned Perpetual closer to the Great Crusade/Unification era. Hopefully Dan will resolve this in Saturnine somehow.

Ollanius Persson was still on the trip via the dimension-hopping ability of that athame from Calth. No doubt he'll pop up here, and then go through a spiritual arc. He's gonna be faced with the Lectitio having taken root on Terra, "meeting" the Emperor, or at least becoming fully aware of his presence for the first time in ages, seeing what he's projecting to defend the Palace, and figure out how to make it work with his catholicism.

Alivia Sureka reached Terra along with her new family, and flipped off Khalid Hassan, and by extension Malcador, who was trying to recruit her. She's with the refugees/conscripts at this point, I'd wager. Her and John have a pretty important history, including bad blood, and I'm pretty convinced that she'll have a role to play in the coming few books. She was maneuvered into place over the course of two short stories, when the novel she appeared in could've been left standalone had they never intended a different role for her. Seeing how McNeill didn't touch her in his novella(s) so far, it seems more likely she'll be in Saturnine or after.

As for the rest known Perpetuals from the Heresy era...

Damon Prytanis is thankfully dead as per The Unremembered Empire.

Cyrene Valantion is still MIA, ever since Damon picked her up. There was a reference to her in Slaves to Darkness, but she could pop up wherever during the Siege, or alternatively never. If you ask me, she'd have been better off staying dead to begin with.

I wonder if we'll see a reference to Mordrac of the Emperor's Children beyond the Fabius Bile novels, though. He's gotta attain perpetuity somehow, after all. Even a throwaway line to the character during the Emperor's Children assault on the palace would be appreciated. He's supposedly a sergeant at the moment, and it'd be nice having an additional character beyond Lucius, Eidolon and co.

I get why things are limited edition, but don’t understand why GW make some of their limited edition books so limited it makes their customers stressed/annoyed.

You’d think they’d up the numbers a bit (or have they already?) or let people ‘subscribe’ to the series so they can gauarantee to get copies and GW has a better idea of how big the print run could be.